how do i know if my seats are real leather or fake leather?

how do i know if my seats are real leather or fake leather?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the only leather that matters is Fine Corinthian Leather

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

check the backing, if its not leather its not leather.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cut a knife through it

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Eat some and see if you're still hungry

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How many hundreds of thousands of dollars or decades old is the car?
    If either is not significant it's fake as frick bro.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you can't tell it doesn't matter

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if your ass sweats in the summer with the windows down, it's fake

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

dyed leather is just leather with vinyl paint over it, so its gona feel the same as a vinyl fake leather seat. difference is price and wear characteristics.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

mm i have a 2002 audi tt and a 2007 chevy tahoe, both with leather seats. The leather in my audi is really soft but the one in the tahoe feels very hard almost like a piece of plastic. i thought the tahoe had fake leather but then i bought a center console fake leather replacement and that was really soft despite being fake pu leather so now idk what the frick to think

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

There are definitely different types and grades of "leather". Generally anything that was or is under $70k or so is going to have hard vinyl like bullshit leather. The leather in my Blazer felt like shit too. It's only the really high end vehicles where you get the good soft leather. I would personally take cloth or vinyl over low quality leather seats.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

yep the tahoe seats are actually even slippery lol but they still look good i guess

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous
          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

TOP GRAIN LEATHER

Top grain leather is obtained from the outer layer of the hide, featuring finer, densely packed fibers for strength and durability. It is sanded or buffed to create a more uniform appearance, making it suitable for various applications in fashion, furniture, and automotive industries.

CORRECTED GRAIN LEATHER

Corrected grain leather undergoes finishing treatments, such as buffing or sanding, to create a more uniform appearance. This type of leather is ideal for consumers seeking a polished look without the high price tag of full grain or top grain leather.
            https://gentcreate.com/blogs/leather/what-are-leather-types-grades

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I have a 530i and a 525i. The fake leather in my 525i is soft and the real leather in my 530i is hard. the fake leather still looks brand new, the real leather is cracking. You can't condition modern leather seats since they're all sealed and it's aids.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Years ago I remember finding out that the "leather" in my 1989 Mercedes 300CE was just vinyl, and a little part of me died.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>MBtex
      >"Just vinyl"
      It's "just vinyl" that looks mint at 360,000 miles on a non-garaged, non-pampered hooptie

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

looks like absolute cheap shit

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Looks like trash

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I browse dozens of 70s-80s mercs on fb every day (wfh chad) and i can count on one hand how many had seats in decent condition, and most of those specifically said RE-UPHOLSTERED in the ad

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Park in the sun all day and open the door. If you get that real leather smell, you'll know.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you have to ask, they're not real leather.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

apparently in my G37 the "seating appointments" are leather and that is like the part where you sit and your back, the rest is fake, holding up nicely though

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Most likely plastic. Real tanned cow skin is hard, uneven, and rough. Anything soft and easily bendable is polyurethane.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *