How do I stop the AC from leaking out every month?

How do I stop the AC from leaking out every month?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

repair the leak, dummy

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

What leak?

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

A/C is a sealed system. You shouldn't need to refill it unless there's a leak. It's more than likely an o-ring or a pinhole leak in the evaporator or dryer.

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

Get UV dye and light, recharge and check for leaks or pressurize with nitrogen (worth owning the cylinder and regulator, I bought used) which doesn't waste refridgerant and check for leaks (at night or in closed garage, leak will be smol.

^This. Cannot hurt to replace both and get a seal kit. Use decent line wrenches.

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

just get a new car

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

no

I'm all for DIY but you don't have the equipment to fix this properly. take it to an AC place, have them pull a vacuum and refill with UV dye refrigerant and do a leak test. and get ready to have to pay to replace a line, a condensor, an evaporator, or a compressor. you have the classic symptoms of a refrigerant leak.

wrenchlet

Get UV dye and light, recharge and check for leaks or pressurize with nitrogen (worth owning the cylinder and regulator, I bought used) which doesn't waste refridgerant and check for leaks (at night or in closed garage, leak will be smol.

^This. Cannot hurt to replace both and get a seal kit. Use decent line wrenches.

I already put dye in the system but still no visible leak.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

whatever satan keep wasting money on half assed repairs then, not my problem

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

You should have taken it to a repair place and it would have cost less for them to do it at this point. You clearly can't do it.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Kek, DA anons will spend triple the money not fixing something, rather than be a wrenchelet who pays one time and has it fixed.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Well he can't do it and it's costing too much because of his lack of skill, so yes.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

It cost me nothing to do nothing and 2 dollars a month for a can of gas isnt all that bad so idk what you are talking about. I just cant find any leak and I went over everything with uv lamp and goggles. where is the leak?? It cant just magically disappear

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

You might have an evaporator leak, Anon... it doesn't just magically disappear.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

ok very possible because its 30 year old and full of aluminum corrsion. But still no uv dye visible anywhere on it. Whats the magic my friend?

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Just get a can of red angel stop leak. I've used it in at least 10 different cars.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

Inside your dash is a heat exchanger that the refrigerant gas runs though to cool the air passing through it. Have you checked that?

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

>It cost me nothing
            your time isn't valued?
            ok wagie

2. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Replace your shitbox with a BMW X5

3. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Replace your shitbox with an MX-5

4. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm all for DIY but you don't have the equipment to fix this properly. take it to an AC place, have them pull a vacuum and refill with UV dye refrigerant and do a leak test. and get ready to have to pay to replace a line, a condensor, an evaporator, or a compressor. you have the classic symptoms of a refrigerant leak.

5. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Take it to the mexican mechanics for a UV dye and pressure test Anon, you cannot afford to keep putting cans of expensive shit in there and leaking it out, also it's ruining the environment, not trying to be a liberal pussy or anything but it's bad.

6. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

OP is a certified Black person

7. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

are your AC valve cores fricked? car AC systems are meant to be perfectly sealed but like many things in life, nothing is perfect, even in brand new valve cores some gas will still escape in minute amounts; that hiss you hear when you open the service valve caps is the refrigerant trapped in there escaping.
    Try changing the valve cores and service caps, the o-ring in those might be fricked as well.

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

They make a bit of a hiss when opening but nothing crazy.

8. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

>leaking every month
    I think your car is a woman

9. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

nevermind i misread that. Still there is no uv dye visible in condensate drain though

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

i don't think any leak would build up enough dye to form a trail going down to the drain. it also won't help if your drain is clogged too. it happens if there's leaves and other detritus in there

10. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Does that really work?

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Stop leak? I don't know about the brand that last anon said, but it can work. try it on the next refrigerant recharge

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Sure its just a winter beater anyway but defogging windows faster is Nice. Not sure if you can buy that stop leak stuff in eurogay countries though

• 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Stop leak in the little passages of an A/C system sounds terrifying, my regular cooling system is leaking out the radiator and I wouldn't even pour crap in there to try and plug up a leak, it might plug up more than the leak...

OP really needs to have his shit tested properly, fixed, vacuumed out, and then recharged.

• 5 months ago
          Anonymous

The stop leak I mentioned only cures in contact with oxygen. it won't harden later and frick up the system. Never had it cause a blockage either.

• 5 months ago
            Anonymous

So it will frick you if you ever need to open the system in the future and oxygen goes in.
            I rather not frick my system because I would like to keep the compressor as a spare if the car gets junked

• 5 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, i've used it several times where I would noramally have had to pull the dash to change the evap.

11. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

Have you tried using propane?
    It's been scientifically proven that propane doesn't leak when used as A/C refrigerant.

12. 5 months ago
    Anonymous

No disrespect, kudos to you for trying to learn and do things yourself. However, I’m going to have to side with the people saying take it to a mechanic or someone who is mechanically inclined to help you. Understand this comes from a place of concern, randomly connecting electrical circuits without knowing what goes where is an excellent way to start an electrical fire

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *