How does one even get into modern rally? is it even worth it?

How does one even get into modern rally? is it even worth it? rally is the only motorsport I actually get excited about when watching, but no one ever talks about it, unless they're talking about it's history like group b

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

search amateur rally yourcountry and go from there. grass roots fwd rally is still expensive, but not mega expensive for motorsports.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anon's Mom

Racing is not cheap. How much to campaign the car in the OP for a year?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anon's Mom

Forgot pic.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That looks expensive.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Racing is not cheap
        Depends of country, in finland theres lot of accessible classes for amateurs and its cheap enough that working class man can afford it.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Their daily commute in winter doesn't count as rallying.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What if your daily commute is on very same public roads as 1000 lake rally.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was more joking that the daily commute in rural finland was indeed basically rally conditions, including speed. It would also explain the popularity of the sport in the country.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You learn weight transfer since you first get your driving license (honestly even before that lol)

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The sport is called rallying you fricking Black person

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

go to see a real life rally

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want to watch modern rallying, it's all on RallyTV. It's kind of a shit streaming service for it's price sadly, but modern rallying is very underrated. You can find non-paygay streams on DA.
    Other than that there are local rallies. Amateur rallying is incredibly based with lots of crazy builds, timeless classics and rickety shitboxes.
    The aforementioned rickety shitboxes mean that while it's still an expensive sport, it may not be as expensive as you may think to participate yourself.
    If you're a simgay you can get Rallysimfans RBR, it's completely free and still the best rally sim. Very fun.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

how does rbr compare to dirt rally?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know at least one current wrc2 driver who used to play modded rbr between seasons as training
        A lot of drivers put up videos playing wrc10, admittedly this looks to be mostly a pr thing
        Can't say the same for dirt rally

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

RBR's physics are way better. There's nothing better for snow and gravel. More modern circuit sims have better tarmac physics, but they're not rally games of course, unless you're playing a heavily modded AC or so.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you'll do nothing because you're gay and moronic

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but no one ever talks about it
    Tons of people talk about it, just no one in your country. Focus on more important things, raise your family.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Might as well ask here. What would be a good car for targa rallying. Rules - maximum 4 cylinders, no turbo for engines above 1500cc,

https://streetcarmotorsportuk.com/rallying/targa-rally/

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

miat

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I was thinking of something awd

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Panda 4x4

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

500 Abarth.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How does one even get into modern rally?
    By being rich as frick and buying your way in like Ken Block. Shit is expensive as frick even at the amateur level. Just getting a shitbox car to meet the 400 pages of safety requirements is brutal ($xx,xxx) then all the consumables on top of that. Not worth it imo when I can just go out and drive fast on my local gravel roads.

The closest you can get without building a race car would be your local autocross events. Most of those can be done with a stock vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you want to go past basic rallycross it gets stupid expensive, even rallycross is wayyyy too rich for my blood, I was at the Olympus rally this year talking to drivers and they said any car with winter tires could enter but a weekend is minimum 200 for entry, which older guys that raced in the early 00s said they stopped because it got to 35 bucks for the weekend. The same young guys telling me this also had a car hand built by their father with a sequential transmission and full certified roll cage like it was nothing, pic related

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are any of you going to the Susquahannock Trail Performance Rally next week?

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The car is cheap compared to the 6 month coma you'll put yourself in

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want to rally, go to a rally school or something. In my country (where even normal track days have $200+ entry fees), you can get like 16 laps in a proper rally car (wrx, evo etc) for $300 for example.
    It may seem expensive, but consider how much it costs to attend a rally event even without the costs of buying/building the car. You need to trailer the car in most cases, all the fuel involved (for car and tow car), entry cost, insurances (possibly), accommodation if far from home, consumables such as tires etc.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>command+f
    >no lemons rally

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *