How many hours behind the wheel did it take for you to pass the driver's test?

How many hours behind the wheel did it take for you to pass the driver's test?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I passed it first try. In fact I didn't even know the test was happening. I passed everything and was never given pointers. I got a driver's liscene at 16 when I learned at a driving school in central PA.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I didn't even know the test was happening.
      Then the states bar to entry is way too low.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

idk maybe like 15 behind the wheel with my grandpa? then i took a drivers test that lasted about 10 mins and passed

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

about 10-15
    drivers training and testing should put people on a skidpan and take one through various scenarios one may encounter no matter how unusual so that they're at least better prepared, rather than panicking or locking up when shit goes sideways

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>How many hours behind the wheel did it take for you to pass the driver's test?
    As soon as I got my permit I was DD for my parents. I still continue to DD because I'm the only one in my peer group that doesn't drink.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

None. Got a car, drove it around the block a few times, drove it to the DMV, took the test, got a license. Learned more than enough from Gran Turismo.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think it was the legally required 20hours. Didn't drive for a decade afterwards

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Three times because I'm moronic.
    I blew the parallel parking portion the first time, and failed the second time because the evaluator said that I drove too far into the wrong lane to not hit people's curbside garbage bins.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

When I was 17 I bought an 81 accord from an old lady and drove it around my neighborhood on her disability plates for almost a year before I took my test and made the car legit.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

pulled myself up by my bootstraps when i was 12, borrowed my dad's truck and drove it to the DMV, learning how to drive in the process. gave the driving test guy a firm handshake and got my license. all in all took about an hour.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I played racing games with a steering wheel from age 13 so I knew how to drive before I got in a car

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I took like 6 hours worth of driving with an instructor when i was 17, strict parent didnt allow me to get a license until i was weeks from 21.
    passed the test, passed the driving test first try, been driving ever since. havnt had a speeding ticket in 12 years, and only accidents where when I got rear ended at a stop light.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't even have a driver's license.
    I just come here for funny car face pictures.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I only have 20-30 hours but I still suck at driving.
    The road test is about 30-40mins long and the instructor only gives directions. They’ll make you drive through areas that people obviously will frick up on and it’s annoying. I was on a blind corner and didn’t see a yield sign behind some bushes so I failed. I got no car to drive except for one that takes a two hour commute to reach and 10 dollars for the bus ride. I think it’s my 8th attempt now, but the car I’m driving has a small windshield and the c pillars block your shoulder view, though most people will just be ignorant and say “muh move your head” I can only shoulder check back for 1-2 seconds or else I’m looking away from the road for too long. Shoulder checking is mandatory on the test.

This shit sucks, I might just go for a rural road testing registry and just take it so I don’t have to deal with “hidden signs” or hard to see lane change signs.
    It’s moronic that in a country WHERE YOU HAVE to drive for work, you can’t even get your fricking license. I took drivers training and it was a 600$ waste, I only learned a minimal amount in the 10 hours I was with the instructor, he didn’t tell me anything except about not hesitating at lights.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I was supposed to drive 100 supervised hours and log it all into a book with the time & distance and then send it off to be approved by the government but I just used google maps to forge it all and paid one of my coworkers 50 bucks to sign it all. The fricked thing is that I'm pretty sure its 200 hours now, frick this chinese colony.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

in nsw it's still 120. you can do up to 10 hrs with an instructor to count as 30 hours in total. apparently the learner log book used to be 50 hrs minimum, then it got bumped to 80, then 100, then 120.
      don't think many people actually did 120 though. i did 10 and passed first go but to be fair it was stupidly easy and the testing officer was super chill

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the mandated 40 hours

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I dunno. Just drove around a bit. Had my older sister teach me cause mom never did when I was younger. I'm 28 and just got it some months ago. Was scary but got used to it. I got the learners test first try and the driver's first try too. I studied the DMV book for my state and spammed online quizzes. That and asking lots of questions did the trick. I'm slowly getting better. Started playing a lot of driving games after getting my license to get over driving anxiety and it helps.
    I look forward to buying my first ever car this year.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

0. I taught myself how to drive a Power Wheels when I was less than 5 years old. After I passed my written learners permit test I started driving perfectly without any instruction. A year later I scored a perfect score on my road test while being fairly not-sober.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *