How much car payment can you have with a 60k salary?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Above 5k/mo you're going to have problems.

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

What do you keep after taxes and living expenses and retirement savings?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

about $300

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Well thats what you can afford 🙂

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

really if he is intelligent he can't even afford that. He needs to save some every month for emergencies. He really can only afford like $200

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

You can not afford a car payment at that income level. I'm sorry.
    Save up for a $15k-20k used car.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

You can afford a $ 2k shitbox every year or 2. Dont try financing anything

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

i would buy that plus tip.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Actually PT croozer was a pretty comfy little car. Ive only driven one once cause I worked at a dealership, and it wasn't as good as the other used cars we were selling, but for $2000 in current year its worth the hassle of removing a wheel to change the battery and top off the washer fluid.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

i don't think the battery was in the wheel well in Neon platforms. that was the cloud cars.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Pt cruiser is harder to work on than a neon, and less reliable cause its heavier. but I might have exaggerated slightly.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>less reliable cause its heavier
            why would its weight make it less reliable.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Cause the engine, transmission, suspension etc was optimized for a lighter car. Putting 4 fat fricks and some luggage in that car puts extra stress on everything.

Now the one I posted is a manual transmission, so as long as you arent hill starting all of the time, you can just keep it in the lower gears and the power train will be ok. But the automatics absolutely struggled and burned up a bit faster

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>But the automatics absolutely struggled and burned up a bit faster
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultradrive#40TE

chrysler automatics have an incredibly poor reputation in general, i don't think the extra 100 lbs of a cruiser over the neon had anything to do with the fact the ultradrive is just a giant piece of shit

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

the difference between a fully loaded neon and a pt cruiser is a little over 100 lbs and this is a vehicle designed for americans
            i don't think you know what you're talking about my dude

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Ive driven both. The pt definitely feels heavy and slow compared to the neon. Plus the packaging makes it harder to work on.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>the difference between a fully loaded neon and a pt cruiser is a little over 100 lbs and this is a vehicle designed for americans
            The neon was for 100 pound meth addicts and single moms so blondie +-tyrone+baby is like 350 pounds total.
            The PT croozer was for obese grandparents to go out to dinner and make costco runs. 300 pound grandpa + 200 pound grandma, plus their frens =1000 pounds. + Shopping load=1200 pounds.

i don't think you know what you're talking about my dude

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

you don't have to remove a wheel to change the battery in a pt, that was the stratus, intrepid and pre-fiat avengers and 200s (anything JS or LH platform).
          in a PT which is based on the neon (PL) you have to disassemble the engine's air intake to get the battery out, it's buried under the filter box.

also fun fact: the PT in PT cruiser is the chassis code of the car.
          P platform was the es/sundance/spirit, PL was the Neon, PT was the Cruiser, PM was the Caliber and PF was the Dart

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

State farm classified this as a "van" on my mom's insurance when she had one. Took my drivers test in it. Everyone loved it when it first came out. I always hated it.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

This, been driving an old 08 caliber SE with a 5 speed for almost 3 years. No tachometer, gotta drive by sound and feel. No AC so you have to keep moving. Spent $1600 on it in 21 and have made $200k with it driving to work and back. Not my favorite car I've ever owned; but it does it's job well.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>I drive a cheap old piece of shit that I don't even like but it goes from A to B
        Truly the mindset of a car enthusiast

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

The longer I'm around 'enthusiasts' the more I don't care about cars. I got rid of the nice shit, crushed the obscure shitboxes when crackheads couldn't cough up a grand for em, have two easy to work on, reliable, mundane pieces of shit that no one in their right mind would care about.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

>the more I don't care about cars.
            And you're here because...?

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

This. Car guys are insufferable tbh. There’s something really juvenile about a guy that’s still a car guy into his 40s and 50s.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>what is the 50/30/20 rule
    Necessities should be less than 50% of your take home income
    Wants should be less than 30%
    You should save 20% of your income

I'm just gonna guesstimate your take home is $4,000 a month.

First schedule a recurring transfer to put $800 in a high yield savings account every month when you get paid (assuming you're paid monthly). This should be to a different bank, brick and mortar retail banks don't offer shit for savings. Also makes it more difficult for you to spend your savings.

Second subtract your living expenses, minus car, from $2,000. Whatever is left over you can spend on a car and you can go over but you need to subtract it from your 30% wants.

Congratulations, in 5 years you will have saved $60,000.

6. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

I’m 60k. 25k car before all the extra dealershit and taxes. 10k down, loan apr at 4%. 340 a month payment. It’s not too bad.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

That's the way to do, people argue all day about
      >finance or buy cash?
      The answer for anything over about 10 or 15 thousand is finance with a substantial down payment.

7. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

You guys are making me feel guilty now. I'm also in the 60k club and I daily a 2021 F250, Lariat Ultimate + Tremor packages. I put 10% down and payments are almost 1k a month.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

> I put 10% down and payments are almost 1k a month.

Holy shit i felt bad paying $7000 for my car in 2022 even though it's pretty good.

But you're paying $1000 per month for a ford pickup. I paid $700 total & $1000 total for my 2 ford 4x4 pickups. The $1000 truck even had working air conditioning

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Your trucks don't have a 430hp big block V8

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

I don't have them anymore. Pickups really suck. I had to be drunk to enjoy driving them, sleezy girls wanted to go out to the woods with me not just for drunken hooning but to take advantage of me sexually. the trucks themselves were huge piles of shit. Even with 430 hp, the power to weight ratio is similar to some 4 cylinder WRX, so its just a more expensive fat car

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

those sleazy girls weren't the only ones taking advantage of you, (You) were also servicing me (my savings account interest that is)
            thank you for your cervix.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but we all know truckgays pay out the ass for the trucks they don’t use. The American automobile industry is being kept afloat by overpaying truckgays.

8. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>60k salary?
    -
    [Housing Cost (Ownership)]
    (Medical Insurance Cost)
    (Investment)
    Taxes
    =
    Profit [Savings]
    -
    Down Payment
    [Vehicle Trade-In]
    + Sales Tax
    =
    Monthly Car Payment
    (- Two Pay Stub Amount)
    (+ Monthly Living Expenses)
    [+ Housing Cost (Monthly Rent)]
    =
    Monthly Payment Amount
    -
    Vehicle Insurance

9. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

the total cost of the car shouldn't exceed 50% of your annual net income

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

Why?

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

because that ensures your monthly payments + interest won't drain your incoming funds beyond that which can still put food on the table and a roof over your head

nothing more pathetic than someone who finances an expensive car with 90% of their income and lives in a total shithole or squats in some basement apartment with 3 other losers while their $80k Chally collects dust in the driveway

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

I live with my parents doe, why shouldn't I finance a fast car?

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

do you want to live with your parents forever?

that's why.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

>do you want to live with your parents forever?
            ..Yea I'm fine with it. I've got a fully furnished basemen to my self that's nicer than any apartment, and I can blow my disposable income on fun stuff. What's the downside?

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

the downside is you're killing western civilization.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous
          • 7 days ago
            Anonymous

haha yeah man epic just keep jerking off to tiktoks everyone else is actually just crazy

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

I plan to. In between disturbing my whole neighbourhood with my straight piped 'stang

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

That battle was lost long ago. The tide is never receding. White people literally can not reproduce fast enough to make a difference. It's an exponential function and you're 4 generations behind everyone else.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

>If you dont waste money on massively overpriced housing you're killing western civilization

Nah. Bankers are killing western civilization by inventing new financial schemes to maximize the amount of money that goes to their groups.

Some of us cope by living with our parents who have perfectly good houses and are easy to get along with

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

>the downside is you're killing western civilization.
            Western civilization had multiple generation families in a single home before the atomic age which it was frowned upon in the suburbs. The trend of moving out of the house was a ploy from the realtor market that used leverage of the Interstate system to have jobs accessible, work subcontracted, and throughput greater after year.
            That was back then when the Western World actually made things.
            The image of the atomic family was always the husband and wife. The kid who is yet to be an adult and eventually moves out is no longer part of the image. It only got worst because of the housing bubble, made by both the contractors and realtors. Block Houses, Villas, Tenements, Mansions which were for multigenerational housing fell out in favor for Ranch Homes, Condos, Townhomes, and anything that would promote a more independent or solitary life. The end result is the person that already owns the home, will likely not sell the home and the person in the home don't own the home.
            What's the difference between a plot of land and a house on land? About a $500,000 difference in most cases.
            So you were about 50 years too late before a retail job in such communities could buy a home, a car, and a wife who don't work.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

this
            people can't grasp that the economic prosperity the boomers enjoyed was always going to be short lived no matter what. it was the consequence of WWII leaving the US and England being the only industrialized powers not blow to pieces in the war and the US buckbroke England in exchange for joining the war on their side.

once the rest of the world caught back up, it was only a matter of time before we'd be brought back down to the rest of the developed world. thankfully the way the USD being the world reserve currency is pretty much going to guarantee that it'll be a slow process. since if someone like China tried to drop all their USD at once, it'd crater it's value long before they could even dump all of it and they'd piss the rest of the world off since they all have USD from exporting their goods in it.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

How is living with your parents killing Western civilization? If anything, it’s saving it from boomer decadence by keeping families closer together.

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

>because that ensures your monthly payments + interest won't drain your incoming funds beyond that which can still put food on the table and a roof over your head
          Oh it does? So I guess every person in the world has the exact same income to living expense ratio?

10. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

How many years do you wanna be making car payments? Consider modern cars only last ~4 years before starting to shit out.

11. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

what kind of stupid question is this?
    it fricking depends on your situation.
    what are your current debts, obligations?
    what is your current debt/liabilities to income ratio ?
    how much money do you have to put towards a down payment?
    what is your current net worth?
    how much money do you have left over after taxes each month?
    what is your credit rating?

12. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>How much car payment can you have with a 60k salary
    Depends on how and where you live. Your biggest line item expenditures each month are typically:
    --- 1 ---- Withheld taxes (income tax, state income tax, FICA, SS) and possibly unemployment insurance contribution depending on the state if it allows the company to make you pay part of it
    --- 2 --- Rent
    --- 3 --- Utilities (electric, water, natgas, sewer, phone, cable)
    --- 4 --- Car Payment and amortized license/tabs
    --- 5 --- Car Maintenance (insurance, repairs, amortized tire costs, cleaning, etc)
    --- 6 --- Car Parking as many apartments charge for a car. You may also use pay parking every now and then
    --- 7 --- Employment Support (study materials, maintaining comraderie with fellow employees by eating out with them, snacks, drinks at work)
    --- 8 --- Food Expenses which can be under $100 per month with sufficient calories, protein, and vitamins in a boring diet. Or it can be much higher if you eat at restaurants or have take out.
    --- 9 --- Gifts. Dating Costs. Eating at restaurants due your date making you pay for a foodie call and entertainment.
    --- 10 --- Personal Support such as clothing, furnishings, a new PC, tools, material supplies.
    --- 11 --- Residence support and maintenance.
    --- 12 --- Bidenomics inflation. This is serious because the inflation rate being greater than your bank account interest means Cash decreases in value. Reduce effects by putting money into instruments or funds that you can shift out later if needed for expenditures.
    --- 13 --- Entertainment which also includes not just online game expense but your driving around aimlessly to burn off steam.
    --- 14 --- Whim Shopping and Unexpected mandatory gifts.
    --- 15 --- Charitable Giving. Surely you have thought about donating to Biden's Reelection or giving to the Scientolgy, Red Cross, United Way, or to the Chinese Communist Party disaster and aid relief via give2asia.org which is 501c tax exempt.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

I bought one of those a few months before my next oil change, planning on installing it during it. Wound up losing it before the oil change ;-;

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

I keep all of my upcoming service items in one box. They never leave that box until it's time to work on the car. It works well so far.

13. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

Car payment doesn't really say much because that can include bullshit dealer add-ons. You want to focus on out the door price and not monthly payments.

14. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>buy new enough car it can uber
    >do that enough each month to afford the car payment

15. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Don't you have a budget? Frick's sake create a spreadsheet of your income and expenses on a monthly basis and figure it out

16. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

~$500/mo.

17. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Depends what your other bills are and your plan for saving.

18. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Buy a cheap car and keep it running for as long as you can. I always thought thats what DA was about, but instead its about consooming, theres no wrenching here, the average car guy can't wrench, only consoom product and tipping the israelite mechanic

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

I think it's all actual coping for being poor.
      pic related was an ad right before the 2007-8 housing bubble popped.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *