how much do you old german luxury car actually cost to maintain? I always loved late 90s-mid 00s Audis

how much does an old german luxury car actually cost to maintain?
I always loved late 90s-mid 00s Audis

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Depends.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

not much

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>audis
    Always expensive
    >90's mercedes
    Not as much
    >00's mercedes
    Expensive
    >BMWs
    Not as much only due to parts being more avaliable

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

damn youre dumb as rocks

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Only car I had actual trouble getting spares for was a E34 pretty much everything else including cars from dead companies was pretty much same or next day, E34 I was waiting 2-3 weeks to get spares from Germany or Latvia every time

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Depends heavily on the model and engine configuration. V12s are gonna cost a lot more than V8s. W140 S-class weren’t produced as much as W126.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

BIODEGRADABLE WIRING HARNESS

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Any Merc that hasn’t had this replaced is almost certainly not in drivable condition

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you get a V6 or I4-powered model it shares the vast majority of its mechanical bits with a Passat of the same generation, but S/RS models have a bunch of specific parts that are stupid expensive

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2005 S4 and have paid more in parts than I did for the car in the first place. And I haven't even had any of the really expensive stuff break yet. Plus its a b***h to work on.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>B6 S4
      Oof, how many miles and did it have the chains done yet?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Technically its a 2005.5 so a b7 but same shit. I have nearly 180k miles(amazingly) with chains done at 60k. Of course there is no proof of that happening, but it hasn't blown up yet and only chain rattles a little bit since the oil check valve for the tensioner is shitting out so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I try not to beat on it too much but definitely don't drive like a grandma. Has a few little things that need replacing, most annoying ones right now is the washer fluid reservoir is cracked somewhere and drains instantly, sunroof leaks and my seatbelt is moldy, license plate lights don't work since some moron in the past replaced them with LEDs and fricked up the sockets and they're glued in so they don't fall out. Rear fog light terminals are all corroded so I always have a light out. Power steering leaks SOMEWHERE, so I have to keep buying the liquid gold expensive ass fluid. No TPMS, so I have a light on the dash, along with bulb out errors, washer fluid light, etc. Fun stuff. My center dash screen is like a rave. Runs great though lmao. Parts are annoying to find and $$$. Still love the car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh and no matter how many times you change the valve cover gaskets they WILL leak and make the car smell like an oil refinery if you drive it hard.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why are these impossible to find?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>how much
    far more than they're worth, even with nostalgia goggles on.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>motorhub

I know that background, DO NOT buy a car from there, it will cost more to fix than it's worth. I bought a car from there, and spent 4 years getting it actually road legal

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The maintenance is pretty cheap, but unless you have a mechanic that actually works on those cars they aren't going to do it right, and they'll over charge because they don't know what they're doing.
    The base models (1.8t and whatever the diesel is) are pretty reliable but if you get the W5 V8 or V6 and anything with awd you should definitely have at least 4-5 grand saved up for repairs. It's still cheaper than brand new trucks though

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It takes a lot to mentally maintain the pretense that Audis are any fun to drive.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

RS models are fast

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

When they run.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I actually disagree with many of the anons saying parts are hard to find or expensive. My experience has gone from domestic to japanese to german and I have found audi parts were in between my ford at the low end and the subaru at the high end. You will have a harder time ofc finding an a4 than a forester in the junkyard but normal parts (brakes/axles/spark plugs/sensors etc) were always 1/4 to 1/2 the price of subaru parts.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Oh yeah except certain things known for being of major importance. Timing parts for the v8 in particular are super expensive, but yet for my vr6 were less than a timing belt kit for the ej. Also cup holders for both the sube and the audi are big $

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *