How much does safety matter in your car, assuming you have no family?

How much does safety matter in your car, assuming you have no family?
As a zoomer, whenever I look at a car from the 70s or before, I immediately think of how much metal would crush you from all sides if you got into an accident.
A car I own would have to be after the 90s.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't know dude do you like walking and chewing your food?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What is u talm bout?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He means if you like that stuff get a safe car cos a wreck will mean you will be drinking through a straw and be on wheels for the rest of your life.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah that Pontiac Astre in a crash any faster than 30mph would be ugly. It would fold up like a beer can. But some are safer than others. Bigger and heavier always wins.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes your right when a bullet hits a person the person the person always wins

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How much does safety matter in your car
    Zero, because I'm not a pussy that worries about everything all the time.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Also no kids here or gf but safety doesn't matter to me a ton. It does matter, and as far as I'm concerned the best safety features are good brakes and good tires and ideally good visibility, also knowing how your car handles at various speeds. The best safety features allow you to avoid accidents.

In terms of air bags, crumple zones, and that sort of thing, it's not something I don't think about, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Then again I just haven't driven anything older than 90s cars. At the same time though, I've never been in an accident bad enough for the airbags to go off. A lot of people, maybe most drivers, go their entire lives without ever getting in a very serious accident.

Nothing wrong with driving a modern car with up to date safety features, but I think when you're looking for a car to drive, if that's one of the main factors you are taking into consideration, that's just kind of gay and limiting. Yes if you have a wife and kids and she's driving them around get her a boring vehicle with top tier safety.

But if you know yourself to be a good driver, it just shouldn't be a primary consideration.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Well I know this is kind of a cliche/trope but it's often the idiots around you that cause harm to you.
      If some semi failing to brake and rams you from behind, you'd rather not be in a tin can car.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I get hit I've been fricking hit, after seeing the videos of my car specifically with side air bags versus not I'm glad they are there.
    She's a piece of shit but she's a decently safe piece of shit, much likme OPs mother.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

none of my cars have functioning airbags/ i ripped out the sensors. if i die then that means i don’t have to put up with normgroids ever again. don’t really care about safety features as much as i did when i was younger. you’ll have a better peace of mind if you know exactly how your car handles in certain situations.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bruh take some time to look at video comparisons of some same model with and without airbags, seriously.
      put them back in

I used to not give a frick, now I put my seatbelt on every single time. Knowing I have head protecting SRS airbags is nice, I have a family member with three fricked neck vertibrae from being a passenger in a high speed crash and getting their head knocked into the rear passenger window too hard too many times.

>how your car handles
      What if it isnt your car. What if you arent driving. What if, despite being a 100% perfect driver in your car, you get t-boned by a zoomer making tiktoks and the airbags would have prevented permanent injury?
      I have a lower spine injury not related to cars, I would give anything to turn back time and prevent that and it isn't even a serious L5 fracture with spondylo complications (yet), frick I'm not even 32.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>how important is safety
        Not very. The safest cars in the world are still dangerous when driven by idiots, and people still die in them.

>What if it isnt your car.
        Then why am I driving it? I can't impose my beliefs on someone else purchase that has already been made. I've certainly refused to drive someone else's car for one reason or another.
        >What if, despite being a 100% perfect driver in your car, you get t-boned by a zoomer making tiktoks and the airbags would have prevented permanent injury?
        >perfect driver
        >hey that car down there isn't slowing down
        >guess I'll drive into the intersection anyway
        Good driving requires you to anticipate the actions of others. Someone barreling down a 90 degree intersection at 45-50mph isn't stopping with less than 250 feet left.

There is no such thing as an accident. Someone is always at fault. Even if someone else is at fault, you can almost always avoid it by being more aware.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

three point seat belts at a minimum. but i bought a barge that only has lap belts so oh well. just means i have to be keep my head on a swivel.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive a 1989 suzuki alto with 4 dry rotted tires and never use my seatbelt. Doesn't even have power steering let alone all that gay shit like airbags.

Here's my minimums: must have at least 2 functioning brakes and a handbrake. Steering wheel must work. Wheel bearings aren't about to explode. That's it.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I ride a 1997 Honda sportbike without ABS because I'm not a woman

10. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

it probably would matter to me if i lived in a more densely populated area
    but because I don't have a bunch of traffic to worry about I zip around in my beer can and don't care.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I care so little about safety I bicycle to work.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

honestly not really
    safety is never a concern for me when buying car
    though might need to look into it at some point
    once im done with few things in life considering buying a shitbox
    disabling bags and ramming it into a tree with the intent of dying(though not as fast to mimic kerosine sich)
    or just making steering wheeel claymore

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Vintage iron is going to barely get a dent while the modern vehicle dissipates all the energy for you with their crumple zones.
    NASCARs hit the wall at 180+mph and the cars are still capable of finishing a race.
    They don't disintegrate or accordion.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *