How much to fix this?

My mum got into an accident with a toyota shitbox van. Dude's asking for 800 AUD to fix pic related. Both parties might be at fault. If insurance gets involved how much would it cost?

My mum reversed out of car park (private property) first then the van reversed later and blocked her path then stopped for about 2 seconds before the hit. Van also doesn't have brake lights.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it would be free to leave it as is.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Dude's angsty tho. He went into a rage today and kept on asking my mum this and thqt. I'm seeking a legal aid service which is free because my family too poor to afford private lawyers which means wait time is long to get any kind of resolution. I'm just scared the insurance he has is going to send my mum a 2k invoice.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Your mom has insurance doesn't she? He has to make a claim with her insurance, if he sends her a bill personally she can just tell him to frick off. He would have to sue her, which would cost him money, likely more than the repair bill. Was a police report made? I don't know how things work in Australia, but round these here parts, you get a police report, you call their insurance and file a claim (or your insurance company does this for you), and they deal with it. Tell her to call her insurance company and ask them what to do. I'm assuming liability insurance is mandatory in australia, but I just googled it and apparently it isn't.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Nah she doesn't. Insurance kept on getting inflated and too expensive here. Compulsory insurance varies state by state. Police in australia at least in victoria/melbourne don't give a shit about these types of minor accidents. Especially when it's in a private parking lot in private peoperty. If he consults with his insurance, insurance companies have the right to sue you. I think my mum might have to deal,with the other party privately and split the bill.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If he's being unreasonable then tell her to tell him to sue her or frick off. If the terms are reasonable then take the deal because it's not worth the hassle. The problem is, with that sort of damage, it's a tiny little dent but the only way to fix it is most likely to replace the whole panel, which is a rip off. So basically if his terms are unreasonable then tell him to frick off.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>replace the whole panel
            you are insane

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not just a little dent, the paint is fricked up too. Go get a quote at a body shop for this shit and it would be at least 800
            >Oh well the dent is on the seam so we can't just pull it out, we have to replace the whole panel
            >Oh well ok we can pull it out but in order to fix the paint we have to sand and repaint the whole panel
            My dude I know you've never been in accident before or ever had to shop for body work, but when somebody hit my truck I went to the most expensive dealership I could find to send it to their insurance. And unless you're paying Paco the illegal immigrant to fix your dent in the parking lot at Walmart, you aren't getting a price from a body shop below 800 for that shit.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you're right, i've never had to shop for body work before because i do it for a living.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So you'll replace a panel, and then paint it, all parts and labour, for only $800?
            Frick man what's your shop called and where is it?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

no you fricking moron why the hell would i replace a whole panel for an easy to fix dent

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I thought you were the other moron, nevermind.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Assuming it's an easy fix to do, won't they try to make the most money out of you by making the process more expensive? When I look at it I 100% believe it can be easily fixed without replacing the whole panel, surely there's a way to fix the tiny dent and I don't think you need to even paint the whole panel or vehicle, just that specific part can do. Definitely less than an 800 dollar job, but for dishonest capitalist purposes it's over 800.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i would say its an exactly 800 dollar job and i'm cheaper than most. i don't even charge for the time im sitting around picking my nose watching the bog dry.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ok, then enlighten me as to how much your body shop would charge to fix that. Be specific.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

For sure. Thanks man. He might not sue her cause he's an overseas migrant worker but his insurance might if he presses further with it. Insurance policies here are that you pay like 600 for access to use your 1 way policy and free if it's 2 way (your car + other car). I think he has 1 way so he's hesitant to call up his insurance and always avoided calling up his insurance and the cops until later on, or he could be threatening my mum to call up his insurance. Since my mum's car was also in the collision I'll tell her to get a quote from her mechanic and split it from her quote and his 800 quote. I'm honestly fine with paying less than 400, as long as I manage to take anything off it's fine.

What happens if he takes the money then presses further with his insurance? I think I'll tell my mum to voice record the whole thing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Your mum's at fault and should pay him.... HOWEVER because he's a dirty brown he'll more than likely try and rip you off or claim he never got paid, want more later, etc.
            If he doesn't have your address and such, probably best to just ignore him and then once he goes back to India or whatever shithole he's from it will be literally not your problem anymore.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Exchanged licences and ID already. I think a secret voice record would do.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's too late now anon, she's gonna get redeemed

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>melbourne

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Dude's angsty tho. He went into a rage today and kept on asking my mum this and thqt. I'm seeking a legal aid service which is free because my family too poor to afford private lawyers which means wait time is long to get any kind of resolution. I'm just scared the insurance he has is going to send my mum a 2k invoice.
        he should be. your mom fricked up his car and is now giving him the runaround.
        she either needs to pay him $800 (which is reasonable for that), or have her insurance company do it. Insurance company will make her pay the deductible, then pay the rest. They will probably increase her monthly premium, as they should.
        How hard is it to not run into other people's cars jesus christ?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You're a fricken idiot.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

your mom should unironically take the bus if she can't back up in a parking lot without damaging somebody's property. $50 says she had a backup camera too.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>800 AUD
    sounds right to me

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's a sharp dent on a body line, the shop isn't going to do anything but replace the whole panel, which is expensive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

idiot, pdr will take that right out for $100.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Your mother hit a stationary vehicle. How are both parties at fault?
    You sound poor aand moronic.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

So stopping in the middle of the path absolves all guilt? Despite my mum reversing first? The van also doesn't even have brake lights. So what happens if I stick my whole fenders out in the intersection?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

parking lot =/= public roads
        the van driver saw someone else is backing up so he stopped to give them space
        your mother didn't look and hit him
        pay up and stop sniffing petrol

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

10cm worth of space, sure.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So by your own admission the van stopped and left her space to do the same.
            Looks like your blind mother is at fault.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What happens if I drive out from a smaller road into oncoming traffic into a 100kph freeway and park in the middle or drive slowly. Am I at fault or is it the moving cars. Did the moving cars have enough time to stop? I know public roads =/= parking lots but surely there's a resemblance between these two situations.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I know public roads =/= parking lots
            I accept your concession

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There's no right of way in parking lots it seems. If so, it's a moronic law.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>There's no right of way in parking lots

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>reverse first
            >dumbass reverses 3 seconds later
            >dumbass braked (no brake lights) only 1 second before collision

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So your mother hit a stationary vehicle in a parking lot so she's at fault. Got it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

WHO HIT WHO? WHO HIT WHO?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Classic example of hitting a car isn't always your fault like those moron bogans and rednecks like to believe

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

What happens if I hit a stationary vehicle in a parking lot?
            What happens if while I back up I see someone else is doing the same so I stop to get back in my spot but while I go to grab 1st the c**t rams me?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Then whyd you reverse in the first place without headchecking and mirrorchecking and only did so right before collision. Genius. Should I reverse out into the main road doing the same thing.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

About three fiddy

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>muh no brake lights
    What, you didn't notice the big white frickin' van?

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

say him most you can do is 600 aud + he should go frick himself

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

homie he even admitted some fault when my mum said he was blocking the way as he asked her how much to split. At most a 50/50 split but considering his country of origin, he's going to ask for an extra 100 bucks.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>blocking the way
        You shouldn't back onto things. Pay the ape to leave you alone

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Stopping just before a 1 second timeframe to react. Not only did he reverse after my mum backed up first but he didn't even check to see if it was clear before backing up, only until that split second did he stop. I too think it's best to pay to avoid the hassle but no way in hell am I paying 800. It better be split/subtracted because it's his fault too for being a moron and not checking before reversing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Btw that 800 quote came from his word of mouth

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

She reversed into someone else so shes the one to blame regardless. Even if the van driver was moronic, your mom ultimately caused the accident so she is at fault.
    >park (private property)
    why does this even matter
    >Van also doesn't have brake lights.
    this does not matter either even though its weird. You should be able to react to a car blocking your travel path in low speeds, especially when reversing.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Update
    Paid the boy 300 but he wanted a hundred more. So 400. He probably didn't even have insurance because I told him to call up his insurance to cancel his meeting with them since it was dealt already but he said no need. If he did have it he would probably have only 1 way meaning he had to shell out an extra 600 for access. So could have gotten away with it but it's better to shut his mouth up. I told him he broke the sensor to match up with his original quote meaning we'd both lose out anyway. So he picked the 400 option. Lil boy was happy and excited asf, jumping up and down. Made me second guess myself if my mum was truly at fault. Frick u other homies calling it an 800 dollar job

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

WE DID IT SIRS, WE REDEEMED

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *