It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No later than 5k.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

fpbp.

most people recommend 4k oil changes. frequent oil changes with cheap oil is better than running expensive oil for a longer period of time. supertech is good stuff for 4k change intervals.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

after every drive

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you care that much get an oil analysis at different regular intervals.
    Oh, and please do your troony oil changes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>troony oil
      do I...do I change the oil with my penis?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Once you go at the hole enough it will let out a ton of red fluid.
        For the fill make sure to mix it with your goo. If you don't have enough goo ask a friend

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The final solution to engine wear

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The manuals for the cars I owned usually had two maintenance schedules, the regular use one and the severe wear schedule. If you're trying to baby your car as much as possible, stick to the severe wear schedule.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Severe wear schedule is standard in my country. Tick 8 out of the 11 boxes just for a daily driver.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

as long as you do the recommended oil changes, whether it lasts is probably more a function of luck and how you drive than how many extra oil changes you do. my parents have a car at 385k miles that they drive like pussies and the engine is still fine but somethings wrong electrically and it chews through batteries. meanwhile one of my friends blew up his troony after years of abusing his car.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Oil change intervals only matter if you greatly exceed them. Every 10k or 6 months is fine.

What really matters for the longevity of an engine is the following:
    1.) Constantly keeping up with any known issues with your vehicle's engine and getting them resolved.
    2.) If you bought a new car with a new engine design you are gambling. The issues with the design are unknown. If feasible buy a new car that has used the same engine for several years and hasn't changed.
    3.) Avoid high G cornering. Most oil starvation occurs are high RPM during high G situations.
    4.) Avoid high RPMs in general and do not engine brake.

Mechanics and "car professionals" will use any excuse to convince you something you did caused a problem with the vehicle. The reality is more likely a the engineers failing to design properly. Also parts suppliers can fail to build to the specifications of the engineers.

The gamble of a used car is you don't know the maintenance and driving history.

The gamble of a new car is the engine may not be proven reliable yet.

Whether you change you oil at 5k or 10k is inconsequential.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Every 10k or 6 months is fine.

no, it isn't especially if you are driving a shit box. oil gets dirty.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I wonder why you pretty boys are obsessed with oil changes but never mention transmission or differential oil changes, brake fluid or suspension lubrication

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Car is 20 years old, have owned for 5
      >never changed trans fluid
      >never changed diff fluid
      >never changed brake fluid
      Uhhhhhhhhh

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sad stuff

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I know it's a boomer mindset but I have seen and experienced too many times that changing those out at that late a stage can lead to more problems.

Enough times you have a wheel cylinder or caliper leak and as soon as that master sees fresh fluid your foot hits the floor no matter zero air in the system.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I've experienced the opposite. I always change the transmission fluid, diff oilb and engine oil right when I get any car.

One of the E39s I've bought was slipping until it got a little warm. When I changed the transmission filter and fluid, I noticed that the homosexual that had previously done that had ripped the rubber gasket from the filter to the transmission and didn't bother replacing it. They instead took the new one off of the new filter, and reused the old broken one. They couldn't be bothered to do it correctly and pull the rest of the stuck broken piece out with a hook. After I did so, it runs with no problems. Well, the power steering fluid is leaking, but that's another problem. Oh yeah I also change that out too as soon as I get any car.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>a part on its last legs died because the detergents in new fluid broke some rust/debris free

nothing of value was lost

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Changed the original troony fluid on a 120K mile ZF8 in an X3.
          Shifter better after and it still shifts like butter 40k miles later.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Change the diff fluid, nothing is going to happen besides better mpg's.
        Change the brake fluid if you want better braking.
        Change the troony fluid, if it comes out looking like death just pour it back in. If it comes out fine and red then run new stuff.

I know it's a boomer mindset but I have seen and experienced too many times that changing those out at that late a stage can lead to more problems.

Enough times you have a wheel cylinder or caliper leak and as soon as that master sees fresh fluid your foot hits the floor no matter zero air in the system.

shit was fricked satan. Better you fix it now then out on the road

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Change the troony fluid, if it comes out looking like death just pour it back in. If it comes out fine and red then run new stuff.
          lol what frick this. if it's black change it, drive it for a week, change it again and repeat until it comes out red.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The logic I've heard about this is if it's dirty / burnt and you replace with new, you're removing all the friction material out of the fluid that the old clutches need because they're worn and will now slip with the new fluid.
            I usually will do half old half new in that situation. My ol Buick received a donor transmission from an old ladies Buick, fluid was dark red slightly brown. Fluid was 'drained' from taking CV axles out and transport, then new was added to fill it up, has been working well so far. It has had fairly light duty since having it though, I sold it to a friend as his backup car so it doesn't see a ton of miles and I don't believe he abuses it like I used to.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>The logic I've heard about this is if it's dirty / burnt and you replace with new, you're removing all the friction material out of the fluid that the old clutches need because they're worn and will now slip with the new fluid.

If the old fluid is the only thing holding it together, it's already fricked.

>Ignore trans fluid for 150k+ miles
            >Trans starts slipping a bit and acting a bit fricky
            >Change trans fluid
            >Trans completely shits bed
            REEEEE changing fluid RUINED my perfectly good transmission.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

what does a transmission feel like when slipping? does the tach bounce? never had one die on me, usually they rust out from under me.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the car doesn't move like it should when the engine is revved to a certain RPM. like the car won't start moving until 3k RPM.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Transmission and differential fluid every 30K

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

~3000 miles. I drive it hard + it's a turbo shitbox
    I've asked this a few times but I'm an OCD moron so I'll ask again:
    mechanic used 5w-20, manual calls for 0w-20.
    It's 80F where I live just about everyday and in the winter it'll get below 32F like for one day or week.
    Idk it's under warranty so I should use what's recommended in case anything ever happens. I only pay a dude to change it every other change so I have shit on record I'm getting changes done. Frustrating.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I've asked this a few times but I'm an OCD moron so I'll ask again:
      >mechanic used 5w-20, manual calls for 0w-20.

yeah, tough call. I believe the conspiracy that auto makers are going to lighter oils for MPG/EPA reasons and not for reasons relating to using the best oil for the engine. I had a fiesta st and I ran 5w-30, and the car ran better. I refuse to run gay ass 20 weight oil. however, you may need that warranty because auto makers are shitting out pieces of shit that are breaking all the fricking time.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

ahh the good old days. now supertech synthetic is $18
    still use that shit though, and the car has over 300k, with the lsst 70k miles being very unforgiving

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the Motor. I have a 7.3 Powerstoke and I change it every 3500 to 5000 miles.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>PoopooJoke
      meanwhile IDIchads just strain their used oil into the fuel tank

• 1 month ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I don't even strain it, I just pour it right in
        I even pour it in when the oil is full of dried leaves and shit, you have a fuel filter for a reason
        idi is shit, weak engine poor mpg, get a turbo diesel like a cummins and enjoy tons of power and 25mpg and the ability to run on oil

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Every 5K miles or so. Also 5W-40 year round despite having consistent freezing temps for like 3 months of the year.
    BMW N52 purrs like new.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Every 3,000 miles in the turbo cars, every 5,000 in the NA car.

14. 1 month ago
    Kevin Van Dam

My favorite boomer Youtuber aka Dave of Dave’s Auto Center is all about doing them at 3k I think. He owns a machine shop that rebuilds engines all day and it’s real interesting to see these engines as they get pulled apart and are full of gunk or the ones where shadetree mechanic used ebay parts and left a couple bolts loose.

Also he hates EGR.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3-5k
    oil is cheap
    your engine is not

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My manual calls for 30k, but I do it every 15k just for safety

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Idiot. Eat shit

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

3k miles for oil and filter.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Half of manufacturers recommendation.

19. 1 month ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

300k isn't hard to hit, I don't get what you mean by this
    my truck is at 340k and is going strong as ever and I do 7-10k mile oil changes depending how much I care or tow
    300k should be easily attainable im not sure what the frick you're asking
    did you mean to say 500k or something
    even my e39 is nearing 300k miles and I do 10k mile oil changes on it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

post E39

• 1 month ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC
        • 1 month ago
          Anonymous

she's a cutie. you'd treat her better if she wasn't a nubian princess.

• 1 month ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I do treat it good, I change the oil when bmw says to change the oil

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *