How old were you when you realized there's nothing wrong with leaving your car stock?

How old were you when you realized there's nothing wrong with leaving your car stock?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

when i started goin to car meets and seeing different builds people actually drive not insta/youtube builds and that most were just real simple mods that helped in whatever they did with the car ex: just changing wheel n tires and some bolt ons

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

no anon you don't understand i HAVE to put a massive wing on my car and i HAVE to get cheap aftermarket front and rear bumpers (no i DEFINITELY didn't destroy the original ones) and i HAVE to add enough boost to destroy my engine and i HAVE to put moronic stickers and wraps all over my car

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

oh and i HAVE to straight pipe my car
      not because it gives me +1 horsepower but because it gets me attention that i'm desperately starved for

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Do you understand how a 4 stroke engine works?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

not because it gives me +1 horsepower but because it gets me attention that i'm desperately starved for

>he’s having fun and i don’t like it!
      1,000,0000,000,00 dead boomers when?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

One day you'll mature

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

total plebbitor death
      have a nice day wienersucker

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When I got a car I like that doesn't have a thriving aftermarket. I would improve anything I could if I could just order a part from a tuner I like otherwise. I never did crazy builds though. Only things that improved performance without hurting reliability too much.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

who gives a frick what other people do to their own property lol

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Try answering the original question though

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I got into cars very late (broke all my life, still am but into cars now) so I think skipping ages of 17-25 helped. I still like mods but they have to be performance, I don't care too much for cosmetics and ricer stuff is dumb. I'd be down for making the interior a bit more personalized dobeit. I do have a guilty pleasure of seeing street cars built like they were meant for the WRC, with full body ads and all.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

when I realized my car runs low 9s stock 😉

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No it doesn't

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It does, and it does it on normal tires too kek. Your cope sandeep?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

troony

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Guess around 20. I only mod to make the car more quiet and a softer ride

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think if you drive a stock car then you're just not a real car guy. I've never owned a stock car in my life. Wheels suspension and exhaust is a must at a minimum
    >muh stance muh rice
    You don't have to have a sema level build. A mere 20-30mm drop, slightly wider aftermarket wheels, and a resonator delete or less restrictive muffler is all you need. Even if it's your daily driver and you just want a smooth quiet ride and don't want to mess with the suspension and exhaust, wheels are an absolutely minimum level effort mod. Get rid of your cheap chinesium black and machined face wheels and get something more interesting, maybe gun metal or bronze, anything so it doesn't look like you just drove it off the lot.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

if you car cant' at least pull a 10s in the 1/4 you're just not a real car guy.

Are you a real car guy anon?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Do aftermarket wheels prevent a car from achieving that?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You're a pedophile I don't car what you think makes a "car guy"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I think if you drive a stock car then you're just not a real car guy
      It's wild when you think about that the most prestigious car show that draws the greatest cars from around the world is full of "not car guys"

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No clue how you expect anyone to know what " the most prestigious car show that draws the greatest cars from around the world" is but yeah, it's probably full of not car guys. It's full of rich guys who use expensive cars to flaunt their wealth and stupid normies who actually think simply getting to look at someone else's expensive car is a worthwhile experience.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>can't figure out car show
          >makes gross assumption of people in show despite not knowing what it is
          >is a "real car guy"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>can't figure out car show
            There's 3 million car shows around the world every year, how is anyone supposed to know what "the most prestigious" one is? Is it the Chicago auto show? The Detroit auto show? SEMA? Woodward? Daytona beach? Goodwood? Hot August nights? Or do you mean something like Mecum and Barrett Jackson? Are those "shows"? And that's only the USA. There's also Paris, Frankfurt, Geneva, Tokyo auto salon, probably others on this scale in China and the middle east too.
            >makes gross assumption of people in show despite not knowing what it is
            Weird it's almost as if that's why I said "probably". But yes all of the shows I listed, including whichever one it is you were talking about, can be painted with the same brush. Real car guys don't care about standing around in group of 100,000 thousand other people so they can take a picture of some Ferrari. Only normies do that. Real car guys go to their smaller local meets where they can actually talk to other enthusiasts and share and learn.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I accept your concession.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>A mere 20-30mm drop
      My car has the factory sporty suspension option and after driving it on my local roads, I don't want it to be any lower and stiffer than it already is
      >slightly wider aftermarket wheels
      My stock wheel width is already overkill for the power I have + I like how the stock wheels look
      >and a resonator delete or less restrictive muffler is all you need.
      I don't care how the car sound outside, only inside + I don't want droning + I don't want to pull attention to myself

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You're literally coping. Denial is the first stage.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>no counterargument
          Concession accepted

• 1 month ago
            Greased Geese

debate club president over here

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

His post doesn't deserve anything more

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Post your wheel gap so I can LOL @ it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Post your car
            >inb4 you first
            >inb4 which one
            >inb4 already posted it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Which one?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not an "argument" in the first place.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I except you're consensus

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

since everyone else is just being a homosexual

>I don't want it to be any lower and stiffer than it already is
        most people want a better ride *and* the adjustability. you'd need to drop a few thousand to get a good coilover set, but not all suspension mods are for ride height. adjustable sway bars, stiffer or better quality bushings, lighter control arms, etc. sometimes it's just nice to have tighter handling in more scenarios

>I like how the stock wheels look
        that's fair. the performance benefit is also getting lighter wheels, not just something that increases a contact patch

>I don't want droning
        so just look up touring exhausts or anything that simply swaps an existing muffler for a less restricted resonator. you may not even get drone going that route. I did that and it barely added some drone at a lower rev range

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>you'd need to drop a few thousand to get a good coilover set
          homie my whole car cost a few thousand, I'm not going to put its whole value into the suspension, especially when I'm not planning to turn it into a race car
          >so just look up touring exhausts or anything that simply swaps an existing muffler for a less restricted resonator
          Again, I don't really care how the car sounds outside, as I'm listening to it when I'm inside, so if anything, I'd change the intake first. And even then, the biggest issue with the sound in my car is the exhaust header, not the rest of the exhaust and most good sounding headers actually make less power lol

• 1 month ago
      Greased Geese

>if you drive a stock car then you're just not a real car guy.
      I don't know man, some people have cars that are actually perfect as they are.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>posts disgusting crease-junk
        Not the best example.

• 1 month ago
          Greased Geese

maybe one day you will have an eye for quality like I do.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Dude that shit's the opposite of quality. You want to post actually tasteful FoMoCo yachts, be my guest.

• 1 month ago
            Greased Geese

yeah, that's a great car for enjoying big block power,
            but what if you want to feel the same power with a 302/351w, you'd want the compacts.
            I do like the fullsize cars but it costs alot more money to make them fast.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Top fair

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>so it doesn't look like you just drove it off the lot.
      heh, my car is old enough that if it looked like this people would probably stare or comment

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

~25, when I finally realized all my hard work can get ripped away from me in an instant
    had a lot of fun and learned a lot though. I still have project cars but I'm more hesitant on dumping money into them now.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It should be around your mid to late 20's when you realize that most cars are not worth it or that it will completely ruin what the car was designed for

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Exactly.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Is painting my brake calipers red considered modding my car

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When I realized all other Jeepgays are the most tasteless moronic Black person apes to ever “customize” a vehicle. Just like lifted brotruck Black folk, it’s all just BRO I NEED THE ANGY HEADLIGHTS AND 33s AND POORLY PLACED LIGHT BARS AND A WINCH I NEVER USE AHHHHHHHH SAVE ME Black personMAN MY MIDLIFE CRISIS APPROACHES.

I had to actively undo some changes to my JK, but now it’s fully stock and a nice simple basic cozy cruiser. Even has the original head unit.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Stock cars are for slowgaylet, ricelet, stancelet, momlet dentistlets

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Black person, my car is 35 years old, I do not need that shitass smog system on it still.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not too long after I got my license a decade ago.
    >actual race cars are almost completely undrivable off-track
    >a modded car will feel like shit to drive
    >even the fastest road legal car sold stateside has nanny and safety bullshit that adds an extra ton of weight and only race-spec weight reduction will do anything to alleviate it
    >people who mod their cars are homosexuals

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Skill issue. Stockgaylet modlets are so delusional kek

16. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

sleepy

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Real car guys go to their smaller local meets where they can actually talk to other enthusiasts and share and learn.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No they don't. Haven't you been paying attention. Real car guys only go to the most prestigious car show in the world, which will remain unnamed, so they can stand in line and take a picture of a brand new Ferrari or McLaren.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What makes you think that?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

> Haven't you been paying attention
          i guess he hasn't

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Sorry, but the only thing I can find about what "real cars guys do" is that they must modify their car and go to local meets to share and learn.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's correct, yes. Now you're all caught up.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i tell people now to just get a feel and enjoy the car stock before dicking around with anything else beyond tyres and brake pads

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Car nerds be like
    >bro you need to get aftermarket wheels so that they are interesting and different
    >puts te37s or rpf1s on his car

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Those aren't car nerds, they're called posers or "bros"
      People who go to the gym just for the image of it vs those who actually know what they're doing and understand fitness

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>have like a dozen cars
      >only 2 of them have alloys

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I like TE37s, I always liked TE37s, I hate how expensive they got in the last few years since every fricking mouthbreather just accepts the price gouging, thankfully there are plenty other cool wheels from Japan being sold on the second hand market for cheap prices

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't see a point in putting after market exhaust on my car. it's just noise and no benefit. I did however change the wheels for a nicer oem set.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>it's just noise
      You drive a non turbo 4 cyl that redlines at 6.5k maximum.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What do you drive?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

my mom lets me drive her prius on the weekends

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Longtubes and an x-pipe are good for about 15whp on my car.

What do you drive?

So you're not saying he was wrong?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>no performance gain
      First day here?

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Assuming non consumables only? 28. Including consumables like tires? I'll die on this fricking hill and I'll take you all with me

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I respect people that improve the look of the car with their modifications
    unfortunately, that's only like 1% of all modified cars I saw
    I also respect people that just don't have enough money for a proper modern daily/sports car and have to inject some life into old shitty cars
    Everything else is awful tryhard nonsense or deliberate douchebaggery like straightpiping
    manic people gotta """""""""have fun"""""""""
    it's all ok, of course, they can't help it

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I fabricate my own parts. If there isn't a thing I want made aftermarket I make it myself.

I drive old muscle cars and hot rods btw. Leaving your car stock is boring and gay, howver ricing and restomodding it so it looks like some Black personigged choloslop is for homosexuals. Non-stock modifications if done should be done so they look near-stock or stock-appearing or be at least period-correct and soulful. Hot rods get that right.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

How do you self-fabricate? I want to learn.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Depends on what you want to make. Some of the tooling you'll need can run you anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars new or used. Lots of books on the subject I could recommend. Mixture of skills needed depending- leatherworking, metalworking, welding, bodyworking, painting, etc.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Oh I also forgot because I don't do much of it but that's not even covering what you need to learn if you want to work with Fiberglass or carbon fibre. Woodworking and 3D printing skills also are a plus and can be needed/used in many of these projects so that's added cost.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Depends on what you want to make. Some of the tooling you'll need can run you anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars new or used. Lots of books on the subject I could recommend. Mixture of skills needed depending- leatherworking, metalworking, welding, bodyworking, painting, etc.

Fug, there's so much to learn, I want to do it all but I know that's not feasible starting out. I guess if I had to prioritize, I could leave everything else off the table and just focus on metalwork for parts, bodywork, and fiberglass in third.

I don't have a place to do paint anyway, and the rest aren't too relevant for me right now, but maybe in the future

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They're all mechanical skills and can be learned in time. I won't say I'm great at any of them... "Jack of all trades master of none" seems to fit me more and more as the days go by and I buy and learn more tools with my ongoing project(s). Take things slow and do lots of research. Personally I've learned a lot from watching others on Youtube work and then researching the tools they used

This series has been pretty good for it, though it's aluminium. A lot of the concepts still apply to steel bodies it just takes longer.
            >https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Sheet-Fabrication-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0760344922/
            >https://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Metal-Fabrication-Techniques-Motorbooks/dp/0760327947/
            >https://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Metal-Shaping-Projects-Motorbooks/dp/0760365741/
            >https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Bodywork-Rust-Repair-Joseph/dp/1932494979/
            >https://www.amazon.com/RACERS-GUIDE-FABRICATING-SHOP-EQUIPMENT/dp/B00LHY2MOA/
            These books should get you started with most topics you'll need on metalworking for parts and bodywork. What they don't cover is things like exhausts or headers so much but it should give you a general idea of how to weld and shape metal, select metals and all that. For theory on exhaust and headers I'd suggest
            >https://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Exhaust-Systems-Engineering-Performance/dp/0837603099/
            and watch some people do it on youtube like-

Of course, this is pretty basic but it should be enough to get started.

>both physically 70s style and digitally for doing custom gauges, so you may need some wiring skill. I've been trying to work out how to get some custom EL gauges like '66-'67 Dodge Chargers that actually last for a project of mine.
            FRICKING BASED
            I have a 71 Dodge myself, so that is indeed highly relevant to me, wish I could do that

I've got a second gen Barracuda and I thought those sports gauges were just crying out for me for EL style gauges but the exact style the '66-'67 uses can't be used so I have to find a way to create a long lasting custom gauge face using EL paint or an alternative that has the same look and feel that doesn't wear off in 6 months like most EL paint does even if it means having to laminate the thing before putting it in.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Jack of all trades master of none
            often times better than one

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

liberal use of spray foam

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Lol at all these mf in here freaking out over a car being stock and taking it as an attack on modified cars

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Oh, and to a lesser extend I also do a lot of graphic design both physically 70s style and digitally for doing custom gauges, so you may need some wiring skill. I've been trying to work out how to get some custom EL gauges like '66-'67 Dodge Chargers that actually last for a project of mine.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>both physically 70s style and digitally for doing custom gauges, so you may need some wiring skill. I've been trying to work out how to get some custom EL gauges like '66-'67 Dodge Chargers that actually last for a project of mine.
      FRICKING BASED
      I have a 71 Dodge myself, so that is indeed highly relevant to me, wish I could do that

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

COPE THREAD

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *