How Rare is This

2008 Corolla w/ 200k miles for $4k, no issues and suuuuuuper clean. I'd rather wait to buy a car but don't want to miss a good deal. Are mint 2003-2008 Corolla's available all day every day at these prices?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A approximately $5,000 corolla or civic is the most common used car for sale at any time regardless of year or miles.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

is this car a super good deal or no? i would rather wait and buy early next year. i have an '06 corolla currently at 215k miles, same color and trim.

so, not that clean.

is this a good deal or no? there's also a manual going near me for ~$3k

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

BAM! look how clean she is

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

so, not that clean.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No fun, but reliable.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

why isn't it fun?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Automagic.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

there's a manual nearby for $3.2k with similar condition, slightly worse cosmetically. but given the advice itt im gonna hold out for a sub 150k mileage ideally under 5k

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Implying a manual 2008 corolla with 200k miles is more entertaining than an automatic 2008 corolla with 200k miles
            top kek

is this car a super good deal or no? i would rather wait and buy early next year. i have an '06 corolla currently at 215k miles, same color and trim.

[...]
            is this a good deal or no? there's also a manual going near me for ~$3k

I wouldn't say it's a *super good* deal, but it's definitely not a bad deal.
            If you're looking for cheap transportation there's probably nothing better out there.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Imagine how much fart, sweat, shit, and vomit those cloth seats have infused over the years

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Just buy it and get an interior detail

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I already have a 2006 Toyota Corolla btw, 215k miles with the same body, color and trim as in the pic. But it's way, way worse cosmetically.. I kinda wanna sell it for $1-1.5k and put the money toward the same exact car but nicer looking.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>selling a car to buy the same car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yeah why not? they're good cars

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

OP everyone in this thread shitting on the civic/corolla/camry saying theyre boring or not fun are massive homosexuals who probably are upside down on their leased homosexualmobile mustang

Does that answer your question?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can do better. The Corolla is a good car; but you should be able to get a good one with under 150K miles for 4K.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's what I needed to hear, thanks.

OP everyone in this thread shitting on the civic/corolla/camry saying theyre boring or not fun are massive homosexuals who probably are upside down on their leased homosexualmobile mustang

Does that answer your question?

no, but i agree

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>That's what I needed to hear, thanks.

Early 2000s Toyotas are a good way to go though. Be open to Carollas, Camrys, Avalons, Matrix or their various Lexus equivalents. They tend to charge an arm and a leg for the ones with under 100,000 miles; but you can get great deals on ones with between 100,000 and 150,000 miles.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Even a Toyota at 15 years and 200k miles will need lots of work in the future. Also keep in mind it's on it's 3rd immigrant owner by this point.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>will need lots of work in the future
      like what? mine is 215k, hasn't needed anything beyond regular maintenance and tie rods.

>That's what I needed to hear, thanks.

Early 2000s Toyotas are a good way to go though. Be open to Carollas, Camrys, Avalons, Matrix or their various Lexus equivalents. They tend to charge an arm and a leg for the ones with under 100,000 miles; but you can get great deals on ones with between 100,000 and 150,000 miles.

What's a good price for 100-150k 2003-2010 Toyota Corolla? I'll keep an eye on the market over the next year. Also trying to get a good deal on pic rel.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>like what? mine is 215k, hasn't needed anything beyond regular maintenance and tie rods.
        Like every wear part? What the frick is wrong with you morons? You think parts last forever just because they're Toyota?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I was just genuinely asking, this has been my first car so I don't know to expect as it gets up there. I think I need to replace my belts soon.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>What's a good price for 100-150k 2003-2010 Toyota Corolla?

I live in the southeast and around here its $4K for ones closer to 150,000 miles, maybe $5K for ones closer to 100,000. You could probably get a Camry for a similar price its a nicer car but it will use more gas.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What about Prius? There's a 2005 near me with 140k miles going for $4.4k. That's like the as much as the Corolla's go for but the fuel economy is way better, and more interior space. How do these hold up long term?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>What about Prius?

Also a very good car, they've proven to be very reliable. But.....I wouldn't get a Gen 1 Prius, they're painfully slow and a 2005 is likely to need its hybrid batteries replaced which is doable; but its gonna cost like two thousand bucks. Hybrid technology has been improving over the past twenty years so its more important to get a newer one then it is with a gas engine. They were making great gas engines in the early 2000s many of which are more reliable and easier to repair than current gas engines. Toyota in particular was making some really bullet proof engines back then.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Hmm.. Well the increased interior room (better utilization of trunk and backseat space with the fold down seats and higher roof on the back) is pretty big for me, and the gas mpg is an obvious plus. what range of prius is the best value?

Scions are also definitely worth looking at in your price range. They're Toyotas under a different badge with Toyota engines, transmissions and everything else; but since the brand isn't around any more people wrongly think that they're going to be harder to maintain so you can get them a little cheaper than Toyotas. They're all pretty good cars too.

thanks for the tip

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>what range of prius is the best value?

Those Gen 2s (2003 to 2009) are probably what you're gonna be looking for. The Gen 3s are probably a little outside your price range, they're also good cars and they've got a good bit more power.

also the guy said the battery is in good condition according to some test that was done. might offer him 3.5k

If the battery is in good condition then $4.4K isn't a bad deal. $3.5 would be a great price and I'd happily grab it at $4K. They're very practical with the rear seats folded down and the hatchback you can get a lot of crap in them. Just don't expect to go fast.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Looks like the Gen 3s go for around $7k? I can swing that. I was budgetting for a corolla and a transit, but I think I might be better off with just a Prius if it'll fit enough shit in it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Take care of your current 'Rolla and drive it until it disintegrates, save your money for a proper new/used car.
            That's been my plan and what I'll most likely do, nice to daydream though.

But I run a farm and do farmers markets in the summer, and the Prius can fit waaaaaay more than my Corolla. It'd also be so much better for hauling stuff like fridges, ovens, driers etc or whatever else. I could probably sell my 1986 Chevy S10 and my Corolla if I got a Prius, plus it gets 50mpg (I drive 63 miles each day, 120 on Sundays during market season).

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Might consider a Toyota Matrix or a Pontiac Vibe which is just a rebadged Matrix with the same engine and transmission. They've got good cargo room.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The guy has another 2006 Prius with 210k miles for $3,200. Rebuilt title, but otherwise no problems and it looks nice and clean. I think he'd take $3k.

Is this a buy? That's very cheap, leaning toward getting this, selling my other vehicles will pay for it and I'll be better off.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'd much prefer a clean title. You never know if someone is telling you the truth about a rebuilt or salvage title.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

also the guy said the battery is in good condition according to some test that was done. might offer him 3.5k

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The battery does not give any extra value at all

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Spend like $100 and have a mechanic take a look?
    Otherwise..
    Head gasket? (Look at coolant)
    Rust underneath?
    Valve ticking?
    Is there oil around the valve cover? (Or oil leaks under the car?)

It’s a tidy looking car with a ton of miles.. if it was private party it would be much safer.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Ok, now evaluate this one pls

What about Prius? There's a 2005 near me with 140k miles going for $4.4k. That's like the as much as the Corolla's go for but the fuel economy is way better, and more interior space. How do these hold up long term?

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Scions are also definitely worth looking at in your price range. They're Toyotas under a different badge with Toyota engines, transmissions and everything else; but since the brand isn't around any more people wrongly think that they're going to be harder to maintain so you can get them a little cheaper than Toyotas. They're all pretty good cars too.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My 2004 Corolla 5spd M/T is not too far past 120000 on the clock. I just did an oil change on it and put new Denso Iridium TT spark plugs in it last year or so. I run somewhat lower profile than stock wheels and it gets Pirellis for summer tires. I put snow tires on it in the winter just in case but it hardly sets foot outside the garage when there's snow on the ground.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Howard's Used Cars & Trucks
    That's your answer. Don't buy it. 100% they had their in-house mechanic or paid a mechanic down the road to make that thing look nice and pretty. 9/10 the cars that those little private lots sell are ticking time bombs that they're trying to pawn off to people who don't know any better. Take care of your current 'Rolla and drive it until it disintegrates, save your money for a proper new/used car.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That's quite Alot for shitbox.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I Paid less than a grand for a mint 2002 Saturn SL2 with 70k miles. There are many single grandma owned examples like that out there.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

How'd you find it? I think I'm going to just watch the market and wait for a deal like that. But I am increasingly set on a hatchback, Prius in particular. Would love getting 50mpg.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I got it because I'm the Mr. Fix It of the family. You're not going to find one like that by just sitting on your ass and waiting for one to pop up on troonybook. You need to drive around and find one with a FOR SALE sign on the window. The same goes for every used vehicle.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Alright, so best deals are from FOR SALE signs?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The best deals take into account the condition, price, and mileage. Scam lots will have "good deals" but sell you done-up junkyard cars. The best deals are flash deals, i.e. some grandma selling her low mileage, well-maintained car on Facebook and someone snatches it up within a day of it being listed. There are gems out there, but you gotta look and be patient for them.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can get good deals on FB if you're constantly combing over the marketplace or set up saved searches. Those grandma deals are GOAT, but yeah hard to find.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

For sure. My previous car, and current car, were steal finds. Elderly owned, sub 60k miles, and sub $10k (before COVID raped the market). There's still good deals in this post-COVID market. Happy hunting, bro.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Best deal I've found so far is a 2010 Prius with 146k for $3k, no issues but a salvaged title. Buy?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, for that price at $3K that salvage title is there for a good reason. Its gotta have something wrong with it. I avoid salvage and rebuilt titles, they're a crap shoot. You can get a deal or you can get screwed.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Clean title, best title.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, for that price at $3K that salvage title is there for a good reason. Its gotta have something wrong with it. I avoid salvage and rebuilt titles, they're a crap shoot. You can get a deal or you can get screwed.

2013 with 150k for $8k. Clean title. Buy? Guy seems solid said it was a commuter care for wife, mostly highway miles and ‘dealer service maintained’. Original owner.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You'll generally get better deals from private sellers yeah. The best case scenario is you find someone who's trying to get rid of a car they don't need and don't have room for. They want the car gone, maybe grandma's car that she can't drive any more because she's blind or pushing up daisies. They don't want to keep paying insurance on it and they want to park something else in its place.

If you go that route you'll need to familiarize yourself with transferring the title and you'll need to get a cashiers check to pay them since you don't want to carry thousands in cash. Transferring titles isn't hard if the seller will go with you to the DMV

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *