How the frick do you clean car windows and not leave streaks or marks?

How the frick do you clean car windows and not leave streaks or marks?
Ive tried windex, sprayway, invisible glass, rainx ceramix
Ive had this car for 4 years and 50k miles now, and the only time the windows havent been streaky was the day I drove it off the lot.

Why is this so difficult?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Make sure the windows are cold when you clean them. Not saying that will fix everything but it'll help.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Use newspaper as your cloth…not kidding it works

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nobody gets physical newspaper anymore, gramps

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Im sorry son youre right…improvise
        Use all the mcdonalds job applications your mom keeps bringing you that you never fill out

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you had an actual address where anyone who cared about contacting you might send you mail, you'd know that a steady stream of junk mail flyers on newsprint paper are delivered to every household on a weekly if not daily basis whether they want it or not.

There's also countless similar free publications available for the taking at stores and other places where people congregate, where publishers place racks hoping that people will pick up the Pennysaver or Coupon Clipper or the Anytown Entertainment Guide, etc.

tl;dr: touch grass

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>If you had an actual address where anyone who cared about contacting you might send you mail, you'd know that a steady stream of junk mail flyers on newsprint paper are delivered to every household on a weekly if not daily basis whether they want it or not.

I have an actual address in NC and this does not happen to me. Maybe my postal service culls that shit, or whatever. Anyway, anon, at some point in your life please learn that your experiences are not universal.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You:
            >at some point in your life please learn that your experiences are not universal.

Also you:
            >Nobody gets physical newspaper anymore

The moron jokes write themselves.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

almost all the junk mail I get these days is waxy plastic magazine type paper or cardstock stuff instead of newsprint

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's a lot of words to say
          >I've never handled a newspaper before, but let me tell you about them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And make sure it's at least several days old. Fresh newspaper can leave ink stains.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Microfibre cloth, regular windex or any standard glass cleaner, and then buff it out. Basic dirt has to have been washed off first if you're talking about the exterior glass.
    There really isn't anything more to it than that. Dirty cloth or not buffing it out enough are the only ways I can think you could be fricking this up.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this guy is the most right, newspaper posters are homeless
      fold your microfiber cloth in half twice so you have plenty of clean surface to work with, flip to a fresh section often. Do not dry your microfiber cloths with the rest of your laundry, just hang them to dry, fabric softener residue will cause streaks on glass.

100% best glass cleaner is 10% alcohol and 90% water, with a few drops of dawn dish soap. Keep it off wood and paint though, the alcohol will leach oils out of it and discolor it. If you're cleaning a wood-framed window omit the alcohol from your cleaner.

I'll even give you one more: use pic related to get hard water off your car windows. but wash it completely the frick off your car and out of your door drains afterwards because it has acid in it and could cause rust. It will scratch chrome too, use steel wool for removing calcium from chrome.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymouse

This.

I like the aerosol glass cleaner in the white can with the blue label, it looks generic as hell but works better than Windex.

Clean the windows with glass cleaner and one rag, and then a fast pass with a clean microfiber cloth, sometimes with a tiny bit more glass cleaner. But you can’t finish it with the same dirty cloth you used to clean the gunk off

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'll just say this in regards to all these guys saying microfiber cloth: I'm sure it works, but I've always found that the cheaper brands of paper towels work as well. The cheap ones don't leave lint like the nice ones do.

This guy has it right, you have to clean the gunk off first, whether it's grime/dirt on the outside or smoke on the inside. After that just didn't put on too much cleaner, use a lint free wipe, and don't try to do too much area at once. If the cleaner dries on the glass it'll look like crap.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

distilled water

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Vinegar and crumpled newspaper

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Use a wiper made out of leather like pic related. Have had one for years and i never get streaking

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a roll of cheese cloth and use that.

Also get the foaming windex
    And make sure it’s free of dust and sticky shit before “polishing” it

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Use a thin squeegie

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wash with soap, then claybar and then invisible glass 2x with clean microfibers for each pass, and then aquapel treatment.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1. Spray down exterior glass with hose to get off dirt and debris.
    2. Apply your preferred glass cleaner, literally just follow the instructions on the bottle/can. Wipe in a consistent circular motion, and have a separate cloth (microfiber) for drying after.
    3. Wipe off the cleaner
    4. While the window is still slightly damp, dry thoroughly and buff with the second cloth. Don't let the cleaner fully dry in the window or it'll make spots, it's best to do windows and stuff in the shade so you have more time before it dries.

Walaa, clean windows. For interior glass I recommend 91% alcohol, same technique otherwise, b/c it dissolves the oils from the dash plastics off gassing

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP is forgetting to wash his greasy fingers before wiping the windows.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That squeegee brush at the gas station works pretty well. Unfortunately they don't put out soap in the winter.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *