How to be ok with driving?

>24
>No license / Never drove a car
>Simply never needed to
>been in 6 accidents
>fear of even being in cars now
>unironically have considered wearing a helmet in cars
I know I need to get over it and eventually learn how to drive but I guess I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this or am I just an idiot. Any tips on being more comfortable other than "just drive" because my family is not gonna let me drive their car in schizo panic mode. Would VR help?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I want to beat your parents over the head with a baseball bat for raising such an incompetent sheltered little b***h.

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Get an apartment in a city with a train system. Driving isn't for you.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Just to be clear, by "been in 6 accidents," OP, you mean you drove without a license and caused 6 accidents, right? That's what the referenced post was assuming.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

no, my family and friends bad driving has caused me to be in those 6 accidents, I was always a passenger and I don't bother them when they drive they just suck. Only 2 of them were bad enough to where someone had to go to the hospital though.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

what the frick

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Oh, well that's different. Maybe be more specific in the future.
          I really don't know what to tell you, that sounds like a difficult complex.
          Just know that when it's you behind the wheel you can make the safe decisions - stay away from other cars, always keep your eyes scanning the road.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I thought saying "Never drove a car" beforehand was enough context. Anyways, I guess knowing that there are drivers like my peers out there that are that bad has like painted an image in my mind that all drivers that aren't me suck and are out to get me. Like all it takes is Stacy to get 1 instagram notification and boom shes looking down and bang im in the hosptial. If i had to guess its more important worrying about other people than it is myself, because I am conscious of how nervous I am I know I'll never get distracted.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The solution is to get into the arms race of a giant tank of a vehicle to that other people have to deal with your girth or drive a tiny lightweight car or motorcycle so fast that nobody can catch you, not even your feels.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>this is the mindset of the average Spongebob watcher

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

There's really nothing you can do but actually drive a car. Lots of skills and cues that you can only really build from driving irl. Is there anyone you really trust as a safe and or skilled driver?

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

There are but I haven't talked to them in years, I doubt they would help me they have a wife and kids now.

The solution is to get into the arms race of a giant tank of a vehicle to that other people have to deal with your girth or drive a tiny lightweight car or motorcycle so fast that nobody can catch you, not even your feels.

hmmmm I wouldn't mind a tiny car or motorcycle. Made improvements today though 🙂 I printed out the permit personal info documents and am filling it out now.

Are you in the US?

Yea but regardless where I am I'd want it. Parents aren't getting any younger. What happens if theres a medical emergency? I wait till ambulance shows up? I buy an uber? We wait half an hour for a bus? kek I need to be serious and start being an adult for once.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>be an adult for once
            Yes you do. Start small with like a riding mower or some shit then have a buddy help you in an empty parking lot, then do a student driver course. This is going to take a bit of time and effort on your part since you sound like a neurotic mess

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

This is a good idea. I taught my ex gf on a riding mower after she nearly killed us in the moldsmobile during the first lesson

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

99% of drivers are pre programmed NPCs. Once you learn the various npc algorithms, you can drive safely. Again this is where the 8000 hours in the simulators came in handy

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Your family are low IQ morons, which tells me you're most likely a low IQ moron. Stay off the road for all our sakes.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Mother wrecked the minivan a couple of times, and my brothers were moronic, so I started driving when I was 14. Also I spent 8000 hours in the driving simulator before that, so I was pretty good at hooning the minivan.

TLDR, should have spent your childhood playing videogames, so you wouldn't be a pussy today

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

lol i put in a 700 miles a week on freeways and have never been in an accident. some shit can always happen due to some moron but on any given day or even in any given year your chances of getting in an accident that costs you more than a thousand dollars much less causes you bodily harm is pretty slim. unless you're the moron.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I literally can't fathom being nervous in a car and I drive a tiny deathtrap no one can see

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>24
    >been driving since I was 9
    >rarely need to drive just do it to get out of the house
    >only accident was a not at fault, guy was looking at his phone and bumped the flatbed I was driving at a red light
    >only thing that scares me in life is my project car
    >only consolation is that atleast im not as gay as op

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>22
    >3 at fault accidents, each time in a fricking parking lot (all before I turned 18, no accidents since), because KANSEI DORIFTO and I was fricking moronic, all fender-benders, no claims filed
    >never speed
    >never race
    >only scared of driving at night because I have dogshit night vision, literally can't see 10 feet ahead when it's dark, headlights on my car suck

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

get glasses
      i did not realize i was fricking blind till I got a prescription

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

That's the funmy thing, my eyesight is fine, tested.
        Just night vision.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Get a cheap vitamin A supplement and gulp it down with some fries or a burger so it gets absorbed with the fat. Felt like somebody turned on the lights after a week of taking it and I'll never go back.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Shit, I'll try it, thank you br/o/.
            What's vit A found in?

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Get a cheap vitamin A supplement and gulp it down with some fries or a burger so it gets absorbed with the fat. Felt like somebody turned on the lights after a week of taking it and I'll never go back.

Just googled it,
            >leafy greens and carrots
            Frick, I barely eat those.
            will get supplements and eat more greens

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

So there's a bunch of carotenoids and vitamins aside from "vitamin A" your eyes also need omega 3 fatty acids.

So the basic supliments stack should be
            Quality multivitamin
            Fish/krill/algae oil
            Vision specific multivitamin

Vision problems are associated with diabetes which is also associated with a poor diet. Get a blood glucose monitor and check your glucose levels regularly to see if you are hyperglycemic

Then cut unsaturated fat out of your diet - seed oils bad. Butter, coconut oil, tallow good.

Get healthy anons

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

NTA, but Vit A supplements and also carrots and whatever just google it. The important thing is that Vit A is lipophilic and is absorbed best when you eat it with a little fatty food.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

That's also good to know, because when I eat salad, I eat it by itself.
            Does adding olive oil help?

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>Does adding olive oil help?
            I would assume so. But there are many types of fats and I'm not sure what works best with vitamins.

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Are you in the US?

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>24 and no license
    Leave

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I got in a several accidents in my teenage years with other drivers at the wheel. I also didn't want to learn to drive and eventually got over it.
    What I realized is that I'm really nervous with other people driving, but when I'm in control of the car it feels much safer. As a passenger everything feels out of control and I constantly doubt the drivers ability to avoid an accident. As a driver I know how the vehicle is being in controlled and I know the brakes are being covered.

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

No VR wont help, what the frick. A fear of driving can only be alleviated by driving with the mindset of improving your capabilities by using measurable metrics. Drive 100 miles a week at least and do everything correctly and identify when you make mistakes, then once youre comfortable you can identify when other people make mistakes or when they are likely to make mistakes and adjust your position relative to them. You can't combat driving anxiety by not driving, just fricking do it. Dont use VR, dont buy a video game driving rig, just do it, you dont get more courageous the safer you are, thats fricking moronic.

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

be a courier for a while
    all you need is more time on the road

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *