How useful is blindspot monitoring for safety?

How useful is blindspot monitoring for safety?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Unless you’re a woman, shoulder checking is an effective solution to this problem

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What if you have a car like this?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Unless you’re a woman, shoulder checking is an effective solution to this problem

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

perro caca?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I would install aftermarket blindspot mirrors to that car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>What if you have a car like this?
        It just works.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Anon, neck pain can be within all sexes and races and ages. See ya at 35 age+

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do muttoids lack side mirrors or what's the fricking issue?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>what's the fricking issue?
        Fat clogged brain, too fat to look at anything that isn't food or sugary beverages.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Our mirrors are angled like shit doe

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

decently useful when I'm cutting thru traffic as the little light on the npc's mirror gives me a visual indication of when they might not see me. my car doesn't have them.

>Verification not required.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ok let's say you shoulder check. Does the blind spot RADAR still significantly improve your chances of not getting in an accident? just wanna gauge how useful it is because cars pre-2018 or so never have this feature.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Useful at false alerting my radar detector, God dammit.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you ride in someone's blind spot you deserve to get hit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>yesterday
      >nissan maxima with "baby on board" window pin exclusively drove in my blind spot for 2-4 mile on the highway home.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

wouldn't be neccesary if they didn't engineer massive frick off blindspots into every vehicle in the name of safety

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don’t have one but I like other people having them because I can assume that morons will at least glance at it before deciding to merging into me

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Blind spot? What's that?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Has never used reverse

• 2 months ago
        Hotwing

>he doesn’t know how to properly set up his mirrors

I hate that I have to share the same road as you morons

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>asks his wifes boyfriend to park his car

• 2 months ago
            Hotwing

Frick off my wife's boyfriend is very helpful. She knows just how to pick em

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Im glad normalgay cars have this because everyone is always staring at their phones

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use mine as an additional layer of information to work with. Trusting a little light and blindly merging is fricking dumb. I don't get how people can comfortably drive without constantly scanning thier mirrors. I'm almost never unaware of what is around me.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Newer car windows are getting smaller.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And all pillars getting bigger. I've had entire cross overs vanish behind the A pillar in close range, completely obscured for the left turn I started to make. I hate modern vehicles.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've never used one

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Thanks for your input, homosexual.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my BLIS sensors come up on the HUD as well, gives more situational awareness of other cars without having to take my eyes off the road.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Important if u PUSSA who be drien slow then your cometition (ery other drive)

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

bicyclist here:
    can i trigger cars into beeping at the driver by rolling up near them at traffic lights?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It doesn't work for me because I check my blind spot.

The thing that does help me is the collision warning because sometimes I don't realize I'm approaching a car too early because they break when it's a green light and break hard to turn and break hard because the car and the other lane went over a bump or something.

You have no idea how many women and old people just break all the time and I'm glad for the collision warning thing on Hondas.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just swing your mirrors out

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It basically just tells bad drivers that they don't need to look. Good drivers will look even with such assists because it's life or death.
    Not safe; should be banned.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Dont these sensors have some warning sounds or something?
      My car only got some park sensors that will beep your ears out if your "too close" to something and that always puts me into full alert
      Idk how anyone could just ignore that

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

From what I've seen it's just a light on the mirror or occasionally a screen pop-up. I don't have any screens on my car and pay attention to the road around me. If you're watching the screen in stead of the road; you aren't safe to be on the road.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nah it beeps.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>It beeps
            That seems dangerous. How is this better than just watching the road around you? I beep would freak me out and get my heart racing.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It beeps when the turn signal is activated and the sensor sees a car from that direction
            The car is saying check your blindspot

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Alternatively, you could drive without a screen and always know where the cars around you are and how fast they're going.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Blindspot monitoring has nothing to do with the screen. It makes an audible signal when there's something in your blidspot. I get it if you think you don't need it but how does it harm you to have more information?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>how does it harm you to have more information?
            I'm a human, I can get the info by watching the mirrors and keeping a 3d view of all the cars around me in my mind.
            I'm also neurotic af and any beep noise, even if I expect it, will drive me into a fit of schizo paranoia - not safe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>how does it harm you to have more information?
            >what is auditory overload

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm autistic and already have hyperfocus on most things, the last thing I need is something to tell me a car is coming when I saw it already

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

had a rental with it, and it pissed me the frick off. I often throw my signal on as someone is passing me to indicate to the c**t behind them that I'm about to move over. then there's stop and go lane changes and slow merging in heavy traffic. I don't appreciate a chime that's meant for morons that don't look before they move. and I've seen when they activate, and most people don't seem to have them set up right

• 2 months ago
        Hotwing

>working at a dealership
        >only really worked on older cars before at a mom and pop
        >finish up and go to park it
        >beeps like crazy as I try
        >wtf did I miss? Back up to see the entire parking space
        >wtf?
        >try to pull in again
        >beeps like crazy
        >get out of car and walk around it
        >nothing withing like a yard nearby
        I just ignore those stupid fricking things now.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why can't i just remove side mirrors for cameras

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use blindspot detection to tell me there's a car there, but not to tell me a car isn't there.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Basado

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *