How well has this aged? How about long term maintenance down the road? (at least +10 years)

How well has this aged?
How about long term maintenance down the road? (at least +10 years)

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

very well. they still look 10/10 and have no real reliability issues which is a big surprise from GM. i constantly see c6 vettes on the regular, theyre almost 20 years old.

c7 is when the GMs brain rotting engineers decided to frick around and find out by introducing dumb shit like AFM to nuke the engine and paper-thin wheels that crack on the wide bodies

c8 is like GM fired all its engineers and hired trannies to dilate the project, so they copy and pasted a camaro, made a fat troony squish it, and added a DCT made of glass and plastic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Was writing up a reply as posted, seconding this.

The C6 has aged well. The drivetrain is reliable. They have cooling issues but that's regardless of age. They are unfortunately getting up to a certain age, and regardless of how reliable it is, there will be maintenance items you might have to deal with, more so than just changing the oil. If you aren't opposed to wrenching, they are a great value compared to the C7.

And yes while they are reliable, just make sure to find one that hasn't been fricked up by some gorilla moron. If the trans, torque tube, or engine need to be pulled you have to pretty much drop them all together as that's the least painful path for the work.at least this was what I was told by a buddy who works on them all the time and I've seen at his shop C6s with the whole drive train dropped out just to work on some bullshit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

LS3 is le good

LS7 will drop/wear out valves due to the valves being physically long as frick

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

also i own a c7 gs so my credibility is better than a regular bus rider. shouldve just gotten a c6 z06, oh well i still mog on everyone else

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

it pains me that these cars will never see a track

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

no tracks near me, im just a croozer baby

https://i.imgur.com/08fRylX.jpeg

Both boomers (love the old ones) and trust fund babies(love le C8) are untied in their hatred of the C5, but objectively it is by far the best corvette ever made.

It looks like sex on wheels, is affordable and shits on absolutely everything in its price range, is the most reliable corvette (potentially most reliable GM product) ever with the biggest aftermarket(LS1/2), and anyone who’s able to work with hand tools and has 3,000$ laying around can make it faster than every other vehicle you will find on the road that’s not a super car.

It’s truly one of the best cars of all time. Both in looks, and its ability to hold ridiculous power figures reliably.

only moronic try hards hate the c5. the one they should be hating is the c8 for being a deformed camaro

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

C8 is based. Zoras wish finally fulfilled. Far better than any mero'

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Far better than any mero'

Any wut?

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My buddy just bought a 08 and it feels like pure raw sex I'm looking for one right now after feeling the freedom of it

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Imma say it.
    C5 > C6
    Frick you pop ups are based

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Both boomers (love the old ones) and trust fund babies(love le C8) are untied in their hatred of the C5, but objectively it is by far the best corvette ever made.

It looks like sex on wheels, is affordable and shits on absolutely everything in its price range, is the most reliable corvette (potentially most reliable GM product) ever with the biggest aftermarket(LS1/2), and anyone who’s able to work with hand tools and has 3,000$ laying around can make it faster than every other vehicle you will find on the road that’s not a super car.

It’s truly one of the best cars of all time. Both in looks, and its ability to hold ridiculous power figures reliably.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I love the C5 Z06 and set out to buy one last year. Ended up buying a C6 GS and love it too. Not a huge fan of the electronic door latches. The whole key fob push to start thing still worries me but I'm getting over it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

C5 has a terrible interior though. Sure, the C6's isnt anything to write home about either, but it's a noticeable step up.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This. I’ve owned both and both interiors are terrible but the C5 is just garbage. The C6 interior got better with the 2012 revamp but it’s still nothing to write home about

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Have to say im a little jelly of not having such an extensive dealer/parts network, such as mustangs and vettes must have in the us. Must be nice to have spare/tuning parts out the wazoo for decades to come.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

buy a GS before it is too late

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>How well has this aged?

Well. The current gen Vette being mid engine instead of front engine is going to increase demand for people wanting something more old fashioned.

Its a damned shame GM didn't keep making the Camaro as their front engine muscle car and keep the Vette as the mid engine performance machine.

>How about long term maintenance down the road? (at least +10 years)

Its a pretty common GM, parts are widely available, the LS engine is dependable, so is the transmission. Upkeep is affordable that's one of the Vettes big upsides compared to a Euro sports car.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Lol how rich do you need to be to have something in hell? Are these Black folk really doing the slave thing for tokens? I suspect we're in a simulation. They aren't real pieces of dirt doing this. It all exists to torture our souls with poverty and sexual frustration. We're in the prison realm of the demiurge. We actually are. He's a fricking prick. We actually are Black folk, I'm not lying.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *