I accidently left raw chicken in my car for seven hours, is it still safe to use it?

I googled and redditors all said to toss it but they're pussies and I've eaten shit all the time that people said should be bad with no problems. What do you guys think?

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes enjoy my friend

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

The air is flies is one million times harder to win than the floor is lava

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cook it, and if it smells like chicken you're probably fine.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Like 65 to 70 degrees fahrenheit. It smells perfectly fine. I decided to cook it up.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're going to fully cook it, there's no chance of serious danger. At worst you'll get food poisoning for a day or so from toxins left over from dead bacteria.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I had diarrhea every few hours for a week from fully cooked pork.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No you didn't

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I did. Although it wasn't just left out of the refrigerator for a few hours like OP's chicken. It was only when I had another piece from the freezer that tasted straight up sour did I realize the previous piece must've been pretty spoiled too.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I did
            No you didn't. I'm sure you thought it was fully cooked and I'm sure you thought your diarrhea was from it, but one or the other of those assumptions you made were wrong.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I dunno. The other piece of pork was totally sour and revolting as soon as I took a bite. I'm not sure if it contaminated the other piece I had, or the other was closer to being fully rotten but not quite there yet.

Your logic is saying that no matter how rotten meat is, you'll just get a little tummy ache as long as it's fully cooked. I don't think that's true. If the meat is that spoiled then it's going to cause inflammation and disrupt your gut flora which can take a while to go away if it's that severe, even if live bacteria weren't introduced.

I've gotten a mild stomach ache from fully cooked meat that was a little past its prime, but this pork was way past that.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I accidently left raw chicken in my car for seven hours, is it still safe to use it?
    Yes, it is still safe to have sex with raw chicken meat that has been in a car for 7 hours

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hello saar, its fine.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Smell it, cook it, taste it. If you notice anything off, throw it away. Food handling guidelines exist because they can't trust people to use common sense.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Actually according to the FDA, food should not be consumed after more than two hours outside the refrigerator. RIP in peace, OP

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

R.I.P. stands for "Rest in Peace" so "R.I.P. in Peace" means "Rest in Peace in Peace". You might want to brush up on you're grammar.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Brush up on me gran ma, you say? Well I tried that but she's fockin' dead. So I did it with yours... the bog brush is still hangin' oot her arse. Tee hee! fockin' RIP in shite

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>you're grammar

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

No, it means "Rest. In. Piss. in peace", because that's what you frickers deserve.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have had uncooked chicken that was out for longer than that but it was in a survival situation and I'm not sure I would recommend it could turn nasty. I also have a stomach of steel and can't really get sick

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I left out cooked fried chicken for at least 10 hours and I ate it and I was fine. But I have a strong stomach.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Personally I don’t think I would eat it. 7 hours feels like a toe over the line. If you told me it was in there for 3 hours I would eat it

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

I was stuck due to weather conditions in a derelict vehicle for a full week son, this was back before cell phones were commonplace, trust me you wouldn't understand. The worst your generation ever goes through is having to tip your Uber Eats driver.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's fine, you're going to cook to damn near 200°F regardless. Espec8ally if you left the chicken breats sealed from the store.
    People only really get "sick" from food by being lussies who never built their immune system anyways. We evolved eating wild animals who roll around in shit and mud.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Id probably eat it, but i'd cook it immediately, don't try to refrig it for another day -whichever small amounts of bacteria that have accumulated over those 7 hours will grow exponentially over time

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Instant death

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Feed some to your dog and wait.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cram them up ur anus, if you don't shit them back out, means that they're fine.

17. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

honestly depends on your personal constitution. I work DA in high temps and bring fresh food both cooked and uncooked over multiple days and I’ve never gotten sick. so I would eat it

18. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

you're probably ok just make sure it gets to temp

19. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

if it was left during peak sun hours like from 10am-7pm no I would not eat it personally. the temp is highest from 11-2pm. I don't think it would kill me if I ate it but I still wouldn't want to eat that

20. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

How is it not cooked in the car after seven hours?

21. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

It's not rare for my parents to take out frozen chicken or porkchops before lunch and come home around 6 or 7 and cook it. As far as I know we've never gotten sick from it. Never thawed in water or the fridge, just a plate on the counter.

22. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>redditors all said to toss it
    OMG r/cooking is almost nothing but
    >I left random food out for an hour am I going to die.

if you are asking the internet? I would hope so.

23. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Does it smell?
    Did it turn green?
    If you can answer both questions with no you are good to go.

24. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Make a slow cook curry, cook it a long time. Breast is the worst meat for this but it'll be edible.

25. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Wash them thoroughly, get every last bit of slime off the surface. If they smell fine after that, you're good to go. If they're so far gone they still smell off, and you insist on salvaging it, brine them over night in the fridge. Don't skimp on the salt, use a concentrated solution. Then prepare them in a heavily seasoned dish, like curry.

26. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't frickin eat it

27. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Cut into strips and use as fish bait. Eat the fish. Rotten chicken gets fish consistently.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *