I don't get why these aren't fricking everywhere

Here in Australia, people drive everything but the classic formula: light, simple hatch with an NA engine and 5 speed manual. They're currently 21k driveaway which is about 13.5k USD.

The default car for couples or retirees is at least a rav4, if not a ranger or prado. These are obese shoppers that drive to the shops or their nan's house and that's all.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>fwd. Gay. Slow. Egg shit. Incelmobile.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ya I'd rock that thing. I had a gas hog through out college and was just a scared b***h to try anything else. I now rock a Civic, some days wish I had a Honda Fit or older Matrix. And plan on getting a truck after getting a house.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm a marketing manager who lives in the suburbs and commutes to work on a highway. I live alone, so of course I need a car that can seat twelve and is equipped to drive across arctic tundra. It just makes me feel better.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do you people actually believe you're not Europe?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's Korean. The engine will fail within 10k miles. Nobody with half a brain would buy one of these.
    Just buy a normal Japanese designed/built car like a normal person. Stop being moronic.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Name 5 Japanese cars that are like the Kia Picanto Sport that can be bought brand new right now in Australia.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Mitsubishi Mirage, Toyota Yaris, Mazda 2, Honda Jazz, Toyota Aygo, Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Celerio, Suzuki Ignis, Suzuki Baleno.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

LMFAO! You can't buy any of those new.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it would appear that's is a non issue for humans outside of Straya', mate :))

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ignis and Yaris are still available new in Australia

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s interesting seeing how different countries have perceptions on brands. Hyundai and Kia have good reputations for reliability in Australia. Probably on par with or exceeding Toyota since they offer longer warranties and longer capped price servicing. I bought a Mitsubishi and told my American friends and they were absolutely horrified, saying it would break down, be unreliable, saying no one should buy one etc. However Mitsubishi also has a good reputation here. Yeah they’re cheaper, but there’s nothing bad mechanically about them. They are just outdated and not as premium (but they are much cheaper to make up for it).

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>offer longer warranties
        there's a good reason for that

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Mitsubishi offers a 10 year full comprehensive warranty and 10 year capped price servicing, Hyundai/Kia will do 7 with unlimited km. Toyota used to only offer 3 but now do 5. That’s a crazy difference in terms of confidence in their product. Even the cheap Chinese shitboxes from MG, SAIC, etc offer 7.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The engine will fail within 10k miles

My place of work has 3 Kia's since 2010 when they did the whole line up refresh and they have been nightmares. However the engines and transmissions have given zero issues. It's just everything around it.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>which is about 13.5k USD.
    i would imagine that has something to do with it

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What is the mpg?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hyundais and Kias have been popular in Australia since the Excel.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Eggscel

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably because they're slow, uncomfortable, cheaply made and too small. Even in Mexico where the average median income is only a $15,000 most people just go for one size larger. The new K4 is probably going to sell very fricking well here.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

bump

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Who the frick wants the worst of all worlds
    >Fwd so understeer
    >Manual so shit daily
    >Small so not utilitarian
    Why? Get a v6 or i6t auto fricktard 20k gets you a nice Camry or barra turbo with 300hp

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>here in Australia
    you dont understand anon daza and shazza absolutely NEED a Hilux and Ford F150 to get to their white collar work and never go off-road.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Here in cuckstralia people can't exceed 60kmh 99% of the time otherwise their license is gone, that little kia shitbox is too fast for the roads, SUV's and 4bies are perfect for the obese boomer and women as is sits up high and is safer in their mind

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A lot of people love to criticize men (with pointed vitriol) for driving big trucks that they probably don't need, but little has been said about the very female landboat SUV plague in such a manner.
        We need more misogyny. Get women back in the minivans and sedans.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Actually have one these (2019 model).
    Problems I have had in order
    1. The brake pedal never came out all the way and it would make the ECU freakout and cut acceleration. After finding out this problem, everytime after braking I had to put my foot behind the pedal to bring it back up fully. It was fixed but they had trouble order the small spring to fix it.

2. there is this plastic part that holds the fuel lines, handbrake cable and brake lines in place and everytime it rains heavy it would fall off and my lines would be hanging about 3 inches from the road. After the third time it fell off I went frick it and used zip ties and it holds it better than the OEM part.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Would a small van make for a good daily driver in Sydney? I've never driven a van before but you get a lot of space for shopping and if someone smashes a trolley into it would you even notice? Where's the downside?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>REEEEEEEEEEE MUST GET GROCERIES FASTER IM SO ANGERRRRRRY
    disgusting

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

becuase they're GAY AS FRICK LMAO
    also
    >asiaticshit

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wouldn't sell in America. You have remeber that the lightest american weights at least 200 lbs

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Does Kia actually stand by the 7 year unlimited warranty or is that just bullshit? If these Picantos can last at least 100,000km without any issues then it would be worth it to me.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rav4 let u do stuff with ur car besides commute to ur slave job homosexual id get rav4 even if i worked from home
    Easy to think everyone is dumb expect you but then u are the one on DA

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The Rav4 is 44,000 dollarydos for the base model. Cars like the Picanto cost half of that. You're a fool easily parted with his money.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Rav4 less mpg with 2.5 engine x5 the value of what u pay lasts forever, picanto x0.5 the value of what you pay lasts for 2 years get mogged by every car on the road even 90s shitbox mog u. Only make sense as a small girl car

I agree with the second part

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>mogged
          >mog
          breasts or GTFO

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks like its hitting the same niche that Ford Fiesta used to in the US. Bought a brand new base model manual fiesta in 2017 for 11k out the door in New Hampshire. Had zero issues with it, zero recalls, eventually traded up to a minivan because of kids, but I agree entirely with you OP. You'd probably be ahead financially having two cars, the one that pleases your particular type of autism(big truck, muscle car, luxury flex SUV) and one for racking up miles for daily work and groceries.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>5 speed manual.
    not efficient any more

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

whoa prados and rav4s, what ridiculous cars

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honestly I wish they made small manual shitboxes like this in America. We have one left, the Nissan Versa, and it is set to be discontinued in the next year or so.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Agreed. Even though I wouldn't buy one more variety is good.
      I know it's bad when I have issues telling what cuv I am looking at is.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>light,
    Those cars are almost a tonne.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>2000lbs or less
      >not light
      sir, it's 2024.
      Your average vehicle is 3500lbs+
      "sports cars" weigh 4000lbs.
      GT?
      6000lbs
      Your mom?
      over 9000lbs

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because most Australians aren't poor, and for 20k you can get a pretty decent used car that will last longer than a Piccanto. Having said that, the Sport looks good, but is still slow as frick.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *