Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just read your owner's manual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Tried, just doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve driven automatics my entire life

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Then you're moronic.

is automatic hard to learn for manual guys too?

No, it's comparable to already knowing how to ride a bike and then moving down in difficulty to training wheels. Automatic is easy mode. But the drawback is less gas mileage and control.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

i heard one guy say that automatic is as fuel efficient as manual even more so these days then he proceeded to show me how cool his car was that can switch between auto and manual
          manual mode was just using the knob like a switch up and down to shift seemed goofy af

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I do

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ok. Dont do it. Its incredibly simple yet complicated. It Requires an IQ of under 90 or over 105. Midwits cant into shifting

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

dont worry. no one at DA knows either. anyone that says otherwise is lying. i shouldn’t say this but it’s an inside joke. nobody actually wants or drives a manual transmission. they’re ugly, slow, and gay.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I watched many videos on the matter, so I'm very well acquainted with the theory, but on my practical I stalled the car many times and did the hop and jump.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i think most people aren't told that they can slip the clutch a bit. getting going from a stop became so much easier once i learned this

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The more torque, the easier it is to learn taking off from a standstill. Taught my son to drive manual in like 15 minutes, never touching the gas pedal once. Car goes 20 in 4th at idle rpms. Just let that clutch slip little man.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Finding the clutch bite and slowly releasing it to get moving is, quite literally, the first practical thing you're taught in your first lesson. You won't even touch the accelerator until the instructor thinks you're capable of moving off using just the clutch.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the instructor i went with didnt have any manuals when i was learning. figured it out after manual swapping my car, stalling and kangarooing my way across intersections

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Conquer Driving on youtube has a shit ton of videos that over explain even the simplest things about driving a manual, very helpful if you're struggling.
        That being said the best way to learn is to go out and drive a manual and accept that you're going to frick up.

This is the biggest issue from my own personal learning experience and from friends and family who also learned or tried to.
        Everyone seems to focus too much on the "don't sit on the clutch too long or you'll break it" point when they first learn and end up scared of being on the bite point and giving it any gas when its slipping.
        Also automatics kinda rot your brain into thinking you can just let go of pedals really fast and you have to unlearn that when learning how to drive a manual.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You need to be gradual on the pedals when moving from a standstill.
      >Clutch in
      >Shifter into 1st
      >Gradually depress the clutch while also gradually giving some gas. Listen to the engine and look at the RPM to avoid stalling
      >If you juggle them right the car will move without hopping or stalling
      Imagine some sort of string connected to both the clutch and the gas pedal: As you release one you press the other.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

everyone explains it this way, but it's wrong. it's not a 1:1 press gas/release clutch swap (or at least it never was in any shitboxes that I drove)

first point - the clutch has a distinct "biting" point when releasing it, feels like a gradual resistance/friction building up the more you release it when in gear. between "floor" and that biting point, nothing really happens. at the biting point the resistance will rise very quickly. when the clutch bites and you're not on the brakes, the car can already start moving even on idle revs/no gas pedal

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Depends on the motor. 2.0 diesel? No problem. 1.4l eco gasoline? Probably not going to happen

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I did my lessons in a 1.2 and the car starts moving at 5mph in first
            you can definitely tell the biting point. with the handbrake engaged, the front of the car starts to rise up and the pitch of the engine changes, and if you release a bit more you can hear the engine start to stall.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I agree people should start with zero throttle to learn the bite area. I start all the time with no throttle in normal traffic and my last 2 cars only have/had 170 and 110 ft-lbs of torque.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yup. I find that it helps avoid stalls with an unfamiliar car if I carefully probe for the biting point while still holding the brake. The engine's idle sound typically changes a bit when the clutch starts making contact, and there might be a slight vibration.
          Just don't leave it there for long, unless you really enjoy clutch fumes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

homie just let that clutch slip a bit and you're golden

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i think most people aren't told that they can slip the clutch a bit. getting going from a stop became so much easier once i learned this

>i think most people aren't told that they can slip the clutch a bit
      This. I was trying to teach someone verbally and they kept stalling so I went back in the driver's seat. It turns out we were on a very slight incline which required you to stay in the friction zone longer than I expected. I had xher too focused on getting through it as quickly as possible.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you throw the shift lever from 3, 2, 1 to race and then lift the parking break, put the pedal to the metal, release the clutch and go. if you want a faster launch, start the countdown from 6th or 5th gear.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You press the clutch every time you shift gear on your shifter. You move from 1 to 6, the faster you go, the higher the gear.
    Ignore the parking brake. It's for parking.
    Literal basic shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Ignore the parking brake. It's for parking.
      I thought it was for doing epic DORIFTUS

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hardest part is all starting and that only involves 1 of the circled things and 1 of the non circled things. Shifting is separate and easy.

Once you're in first gear with the clutch in just balance gas and clutch and forget everything else until you're moving.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what do automatic gays even do with their left foot

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sometimes when traffic is really bad, I slide over and use my left foot to drive. only in the workvan tho. Damn bucket seats and manual transmission make my car impossible to operate improperly

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>what do automatic gays even do with their left foot
      Brace myself for hecktic skids

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I wrote this years ago, read it.
    https://pastebin.com/XM3ZCejd

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Am I the only one who just starts familiar cars by turning the ignition key with the clutch floored? If they allow that, that is.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm pretty sure my car won't start without flooring the clutch, even in neutral.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

if you have a clutch start cancel button you can start without the clutch, even in gear. its supposed to be some offroad feature but its only slightly useful when its hot and you dont want to get in fully till the A/C is on.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, but the guide recommends always making sure the gearbox is in neutral, just in case. I don't think I've ever bothered with that, and I don't recall my driving instructor caring either.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's one of those things where 99% of the time it's fine, but I wanted to instill good habits in learners. When you're in a rush or otherwise distracted, that might be the one time you start it with the clutch pedal, take your foot off the pedal without thinking, and now you've bumped the car in the parking space ahead of/behind you depending on parking orientation and preferred parking gear, and that just ruins your day. Or just drive off like a scumbag.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, makes sense. Maybe I should make a habit of that, too.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Well, that sucks, but there's nothing to understand there, becomes muscle memory if you do it enough

No, that's the correct way to do it, why would you want to put more load on the starter if you don't need to?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>got a new car
    >bring it over to my parents one day
    >mother is interested, wants to drive it around the block
    >sure, why not
    >she hops in, I get in the passenger seat
    >starts the car, tries to get it into gear
    >"it's really stiff"
    >"really? I haven't had any issues with it. you sure you have the clutch all the way in?"
    >"yeah, I can't get it into gear"
    >I give it a try, shit's stuck
    >thought enters my mind, she's been cruising around in an automatic Mercedes for the last 15 years
    >"the left pedal, right?"
    >"no, clutch is the middle pedal"
    >realise I have to teach my own mother how to drive again

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

is automatic hard to learn for manual guys too?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No. A car rental place once gave me an automatic Toyota with a CVT when they didn't have the car I'd requested. I had it moving fairly normally on the road a couple of minutes later. Probably spent more time messing with the aircon.
      Though somehow I couldn't quite find the muscle memory to slow down without the clutch pedal there, and in the next two or three red lights I probably looked like a beginner driver when I ended up braking way too hard.
      And it's pretty easy to end up going too fast without the clues from the selected gear and the engine noise. I don't think I triggered any speed cameras, though.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I drove nothing but stick for 18+ years and then got my first auto less than 2 years ago, so I think I'm pretty well qualified to answer this.

There isn't a physical skill to learn and I think it's a lot easier than going the other way, but there IS something of a learning curve. It's more about tactics, getting the transmission to do what you want it to do, and learning to deal with auto's particular quirks like rolling forward on its own, as well as losing habits from driving manual like reaching for the shifter every time you're pulling up to a stop sign.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>car feels like it's time for an upshift
        >left foot instinctively goes for the floor and clips the brake pedal

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>do the sorry, sorry! wave to the guy behind you who thinks you just brake-checked

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

bait thread

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Clutch, neutral

Clutch, gear

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

YouTube has tutorials. Train yourself.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

don't just try to learn the moves by heart, start by learning how your car works and what the controls do. it will make sense after that.
    for instance the clutch isn't "the pedal you push when you need to change gears", it's the pedal you push to disengage the engine from the gearbox.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Clutch, gas it to around 2000-2500 rpms and then start pulling out the clutch.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

DA can be oddly supportive at times

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>3 pedals
    >2 feet
    manualgays can't explain this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>3 pedals
      >2 feet
      >1 hand
      The hand (emergency/parking) brake plays an important role.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

make sure to train on inclines lel

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Rules here are if you can't work that then you get a special licence for thickies. Your driving licence will then prevent you from operating anything with more than two pedals (one foot for both) until you can.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *