I drove one of the new Accords yesterday and after getting in I thought it was a Hyundai until I looked at the steering wheel badge.

I drove one of the new Accords yesterday and after getting in I thought it was a Hyundai until I looked at the steering wheel badge. Does Honda really like Korean car interiors this much that I can't tell the difference between the two?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks like the interior of my wifes 2024 Buick (which was made in korea).

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks pretty clean to me, like actual effort was put in. Looks more like late 60s US car design than anything. What am I supposed to hate about it?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How do you even know what a Hyundai interior looks like? I don't think I've ever been inside one.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>interiors are going back to using 90* angles everywhere

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That looks horrific
    Maybe things are just getting worse before they get better?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

things only get worse after they get worse

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hyundai interior looks better at this point. the PRND buttons on Hondas and Acuras are a really poor design choice.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no steering wheel badge so you aren't reminded you're driving a hyundai
      Great feature de su

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

In terms of technology, Koreans are moving fast, bit slower than Chinese tho. Chinese interior tech is more advanced than Koreans. Japanese are lagging hard. Americans are copying Teslas. Teslas are at the top of the food chain. Germans are not sure what to do and stuck between pandering to the past and compete against the future threat.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Chinks can't even into concrete, frick off

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Japanese put the money into the power train and give you a basic interior with simple tech, Koreans put it into the garish interior and the tech and give you a piece of shit car that spontaneously combusts.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Japanese power trains are trash. Theres not a single performance power train in the entire Japanese line up. Koreans/Chinese/American and even the Europeans (slowly) are pushing the boundaries of power train technology

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The only thing Koreans are pushing is the engine blow rate

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Korean boundaries
            >lower boundary of price to make a shitbox engine
            >Chinese boundaries
            >what's the lower boundary of displacement for a turbo 4 in a full size crossover "SUV"
            >American boundaries
            >how much displacement can we fit into this until people start killing themselves en masse?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>column shifters making a comeback
      that's actually pretty funny and i like it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They don't work like you'd think though, IIRC you're supposed to twist the knob at the end rather than move the whole column

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the way the steering wheel and the seat are misaligned

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I rookah new ah 3 series, no rikey rook rike Asian car ah so Germany got yellow fever naow

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

We really need a third world war. Imagine living a life so meaningless and boring that you have to get mad at what car interiors look like just to pass the time. There's a steering wheel on one side, a screen and some buttons in the middle, a console with some cup holders and storage, arm rests on the doors. All interiors look exactly the same except for like Mini Coopers. Cars have looked this way since the 60s. What you SHOULD care about is how are the ergonomics? How is the shifter? Are the seats comfortable? Not "oh the interior doesn't have enough visually defining traits for me to tell what brand it is" Black person you're INSIDE the car. You should know what the frick it is because you are driving the fricking thing.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>let GM co-develop their first American EV
    >GM
    Honda's definitely lost their way

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Honda and GM coming together to make the gayest shit imaginable

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Honda and GM coming together to make the gayest shit imaginable

I think what Honda is saying here is: "we're throwing this thing in the garbage (with GM) where it belongs."

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Honda's definitely lost their way
      Hondas last good car was the S2000, they have been lost since then.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Honda testing the waters to see if there's even a real demand for EVs, they don't care if it flops as they might as well take a smaller hit splitting costs with GM than making their own.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why don't they bring over this cute little guy?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

35k for 130 miles, and a 9 second 0-60. interior is also a bit junky. it wouldn't sell.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

its rwd

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

not anymore

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Honda Blazer E-CUV

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>transverse fwd car
    >giant center console
    Why

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

are you in asia
    this pic is the north american accord interior. same design style, but more proper dials and buttons and a regular shifter and dash

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nice Honda Sonata

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

equally disgusting
      fricking tablet shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>fricking tablet shit
        They're not going away. Even the cheapest cars have them. The most expensive cars have multiple.
        It's the easiest way to add a backup camera system, which is required by law in most countries now.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And still looks worse than a 19 year old Civic interior

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Holy shit it's so ugly

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No that looks great just for being driver centric. The interior in the OP is FLAT like it's trying to accommodate your b***h in the passenger seat above anyone else, THAT'S ugly.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Uh that honda's interior looks like a fricking Sony Walkman from the mid 2000s. Look at that hilarious steering wheel. The gear shifter! Hahahahhaha

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It looks pretty good.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>i hate glued-on tablets
        >here, have a whole glued-on second console

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i like my focus mk4.5 more even with the silly screen

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wow that's fricking miserable

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

honda and hyundai both rip off audi, no wonder they look similar

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've always thought Hyundais were just cheap copies of Hondas (an already cheap car) and this is pretty much the common normie conception. It wouldn't surprise me if Hyundai is just outright copying Honda, even the name is copied.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honda is trying hard to get the VAG audience. It shows, and they have a reason to be scared. 20:1 people want VWs and Audis.
    >Interior
    I honestly don't understand what thoughts go through interior autist heads. It looks like a normal car, and has better build quality not crummy like korean.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a 1991 BMW E30 318is and just got a 2024 Honda CRV Hybrid for more regular use.

The Honda is a total normie mobile. There's no joy in driving this thing. My E30 makes sounds and is constantly breaking but it really is just me and the road. The Honda is more comfortable and can haul a lot of shit. The interior is nice with a lot of physical, high quality buttons which is precisely why I chose it over every other new car on the market.

I don't mind this design language the East Asians are doing. Seems like they're keeping a fair balance between the tablets and what can be controlled physically. I think it's the best we can hope for. American cars are going to get deeper and deeper into Tesla design language and it's only going to get more pervasive.

Red Barchetta by Rush is coming true.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What do you think about its size? body roll? CVT? I really like the exterior and interior but man it's larger than I need even with my dog, guns, snowboard. Some kind of sport wagon would be better but I really can't find any that make any kind of sense. frick Volvo.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honda has had nothing to prove in decades. So naturally the chase the trends like the other car makers do, by catering to car buyers who want their cars to look like German cars. They really quit being good after the 1990s. Nothing on their cars is simple, but instead unnecessarily complicated. Too bad their parts department sucks dick compared to BMW/Mercedes-Benz.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *