A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>saves your kneecap if you crash
    >saves your pocket from being ripped off
    >saves you precious few seconds every time you start your car

There are much worse tech in modern cars than keyless ignition.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>saves your kneecap if you crash
      I almost forgot that there were cars out there that had the ignition cylinder so far down instead of just below the instrument cluster. sucks to be you
      >saves your pocket from being ripped off
      lmfao how absolutely shit are the quality of your pants if your goddamn pocket gets ripped from taking your key out
      >saves you precious few seconds every time you start your car
      I still wait for the engine to turn over either way

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

(You)

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

no, i am Mi

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

why the hate for push button start?
      ya'll know that all cars upto like the 1960s used push button start
      sure, you still had a key to turn. but the starter worked off a button
      the only downside to push button start is how the vehicle turns off
      >arrive at location
      >want to either continue listening to music, or the call your on
      >dont want the engine running
      >push the start button to turn off engine
      >car turns off, all accessories turn off, radio, and call goes silent
      some cars would stay in accessories mode until a door was opened, then it would turn off
      otherwise you need to put it neutral, turn off the car, that would leave it in accessory mode, and then put it to park. hitting the button again will fully turn everything off
      basically no standard on how that works. only annoying thing.
      otherwise what this anon said
      its convenient not to have to take your keys out, or worry about having a large keychain hanging
      although most modern cars have HUGE fricking fobs that eat up space.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>ya'll know that all cars upto like the 1960s used push button start

The button told the starter to wake the frick up directly. These days the button tells the computer the "driver" would kindly prettt please to start and if you don't want to that's ok

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>antitheft bad
          that's a new one

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

NTA, but proximity keyless entry and start is the opposite of antitheft. You're asking for your car to be opened or even driven off and your shit stolen in the most inconspicuous to the bystanders manner.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Easy fix, don't store the key fob near the car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Where should I store it when I'm near the car myself? Genuinely asking, because one of my cars has this shit along with the disgusting button, and I turned that system off.

And when I'm not near the car, there's always a possibility someone has a relay system to transmit chatter between the car and the fob over the longer distance, they are pretty cheap and can be DIY'd. We don't have nogs here, so the average car thief is a bit more intelligent.

If the manufacturer does it properly there is no more risk than a mechanical lock.

That's a pretty big if, and judging even by the American news, the answer is a negative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0QFVbNjfB0 (first search result, there are more)
            Aftermarket systems blocking and circumventing factory PKE are pretty popular in my country along with aftermarket immobilizers with concealed code entry.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Where should I store it when I'm near the car myself?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, that's really convenient

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If the manufacturer does it properly there is no more risk than a mechanical lock.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>mechanical lock - requires specialst tools and skill to breach without setting off the alarm, also you have to be stood next to the car looking like a criminal to pick it
            >electronic locks - sit in your car across the street and brute force your way in, car automaticlaly unlocks for you and you can just take it
            >Land Rover - clone the key from 100 yards cause it's always broadcasting, just walk up and take it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Fwiw modern cars with keys work like this too, my 2020 truck still has one but you only need to bump it into the start position for an instant and the ECU figures out how long to crank etc. just like it would with a button.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>push the start button to turn off engine
        >car turns off, all accessories turn off, radio, and call goes silent
        Hermano....
        Read the manual for your car. Mine keeps the acc on if I turn off the car while holding the shift lock.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Mine keeps the acc on if I turn off the car while holding the shift lock.
          And mine does that with a brake pedal instead if I recall correctly. While every car with a physical key you can rotate have pretty similar key positions you can't miss and don't need a manual to learn.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Same.

What the frick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>key not recognized

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If I crash bad enough to have my dashboard come in on me and steering wheel and fricking key and starter unit with enough force to mess up my knee, then I'm ending my life immediately while my nerves are still working. I have no interest in living as a cripple and I will end it right then before medics have a chance to "save me" to live on as a paraplegic. Frick you and everyone with your mentality.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>what are key grabbers
      At least with a regular key you need to break the lock or whatever
      With keyless - 10 seconds and your car is gone

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

too much work for the average crackhead
        if a black jc denton is trying to steal your car with a wish.com multitool it's going to get stolen no matter what

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

your kneecap if you crash
      most car's keys sit perpendicularly to the knee
      your pocket from being ripped off
      they fold, though?
      you precious few seconds every time you start your car
      saves a thief with a grabber precious few minutes of breaking your lock, too

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>not my problem
      >not my problem
      >not my problem

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>have push button start in my v6 chally
    >has never failed or even struggled at all to start

Problem?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

same i like the keyless entry on mine
      >senses my hand and unlocks automatically
      >drop on the seat like a sack of potatoes
      >falcon punch the start button
      >just go

>stop
      >get out
      >close door while locking from the inside
      >honk honk honk hey you left your keys inside
      >oh wow thanks chally wally
      >no problem moron

FRICK keys

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>hey you left your keys inside
        Literally NEVER happened to me in 15 years of driving. I can't even relate to someone leaving their keys in their fricking car. You're an animal, you belong in a zoo.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

same i like the keyless entry on mine
      >senses my hand and unlocks automatically
      >drop on the seat like a sack of potatoes
      >falcon punch the start button
      >just go

>stop
      >get out
      >close door while locking from the inside
      >honk honk honk hey you left your keys inside
      >oh wow thanks chally wally
      >no problem moron

FRICK keys

Keys are Keyno. I have a 392 Chally too and it's convenient but picrel sounds like slot machine when I get in and start her up.
      >key goes in door and twist
      >gently lower myself in (no side bolstering)
      >reach across car to unlock passenger door for gf
      >the passenger door latch is frozen on the outside
      >put keys in ignition
      >twist: nothing
      >oh looks like the parking prawl didn't fully engage
      >shift to neutral
      >key twist again
      >roars to life and shakes like Michael J Fox
      >drive gingerly until she warms up
      >stop
      >jam it into park for a better chance of a park start next time
      >pull the key release latch
      >get out of car
      >notice I left my lights on
      >get back in car to turn them off
      >get back out
      >proceed to be stuck in the parking lot for 20 minutes talking to boomers
      >thanks chally wally

I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. It's not that much of a big deal

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>key release latch

Are zoomers even aware that such a thing exists?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I had a key release button on my 1996 Sentra. I live in a turd world so about 30% of the cars on the road are still from the 90's so it is possible that some zoomers know of a similar device

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The funny thing is that I am a zoomer (early into the generation but still "gen z") and one time at a detail shop I had to show a guy twice my age how to work it and also how to put the keys in the right way

>>oh looks like the parking prawl didn't fully engage
          That's not how that works

Ok Scotty Kilmer, how about you tell me what is causing that issue. Every so often, when in Park, it doesn't want to acknowledge that I'm turning the key. It's not failing to turn over, it just doesn't register at all. Then I slip it into neutral and voila. If it's not something related to the parking mechanism then I don't know but would love to learn.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's a park/neutral safety switch. The parking pawl will still be fully engaged, the trans will actually be in park. It's just that the switch isn't telling the ignition that. Google it for your car, it's most likely a piss easy and pretty cheap fix. I bet wiggling the shifter in park sometimes works too. Or sometimes something in the shift linkage has play but not usually.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for actually coming back with something useful. I'm all ears and trying to learn all I can. Much appreciated and it's a cheap part and relatively simple fix

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Np. I'm not actually not a dickhead I was probably just drunk. Well, I'm always drunk... I try to actually help people usually though.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>>oh looks like the parking prawl didn't fully engage
        That's not how that works

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>get in car
    >put KEY in ignition
    >start car
    ???

I swear you homosexuals are just looking for gimmicky tech to blog post about when it eventually breaks

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you have missed a critical step
      >get in car
      >put KEY in ignition
      >clutch all the way in
      >start car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why do I need to be clutch? I'm driving not playing sports.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

pretty sure there's some homosexual "safety features" that prevent starting if clusxadmttch is not in

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>clusxadmttch
            kek
            but yes most cars have a clutch safety switch that connects the starter/starter relay circuit when fully depressed

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Why do I need to be clutch? I'm driving not playing sports.
          I have a 6 speed and this right here was funny.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>get in car
        >put KEY in ignition
        >rotate key to first position
        >clutch all the way in
        >switch to neutral
        >turn off ac
        >wait for abs and others lights to turn off
        >press gas pedal a little
        >start car
        >turn on ac

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>unlock car
          *beep beep*
          >get in car
          >greet car with a "Hey, babe"
          >put my KEY into her ignition
          >turn key to accessories position
          *steering wheel comes down and she greets me with some bing bing bings*
          >wait for binging to stop (5 bings)
          >depress brake pedal and turn ignition on
          >release parking brake and wait for revs to settle
          >put it in D and go because I always park backwards and manuals don't belong in isolated 4 door sedans

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>not bypassing the clutch safety switch

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

try that in a 2010+ VAG, the clutch "safety switch" is a series of hall effect sensors that have to be activated in a certain order and with a certain timing so no amount of bypassing will trick it. i hate newer cars so goddamn much.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My 2006 Lexus has 200k miles and the push button works just fine. When exactly is it supposed to break?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The starter motor

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>get in car
      >put KEY in ignition
      >start car
      >???

I swear you homosexuals are just looking for gimmicky tech to blog post about when it eventually breaks. Just flick on the ignition switch, moron the timing lever a touch, tickle the carburettor and give the starting handle a swing

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Need is a very strong word. I never needed it, the cars I've driven have always just had it so now I just do it all the time.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is it an engine start stop when the keyfob itself is the button?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I assumed it was a dumb gimmick because I never had any complaints about putting my key in the car and turning it to start the car. Then I got a car with keyless entry and ignition. It's quite nice to just walk up to the car, have it automatically unlock as I touch the door handle, and just get in and drive. No reaching into my pocket. I can do it wearing gloves and with my hands full. I like it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>have it automatically unlock as I touch the door handle
      So... does it read your fingerprints or no?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no it just senses any object placed under the doorhandle, then looks for the key's signal and unlocks. it's actually an old mercedes feature from the mid '90s. nothing fancy

7. 2 months ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>push button
    Nah, imma sick with my screwdriver

• 2 months ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Kek forgot pic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

2nd gen cummins? How much of your dash is left?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>i hate it
    >gives no reason
    nice troll thread you fricking loser.
    now have a nice day for being a life failure of a homosexual.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

its soulless

9. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

buy a car that doesn't have it

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People who hate push-button starts tend to crank their starter way too long and damage it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

how do you crank it too long? just crank until the engine roars to life. should take no more than a second, maybe two, depending on other factors of course

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>source: my ass

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

that is the dumbest fricking shit ever Black person how about you shut the frick up before the fricking moron cattle start repeating that ignorant fricking shit that you just posted.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>copies you fob through the walls and takes your car

?si=FUSvexg9tVQ9CT2m

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>copies
      It's just relaying

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah I miss the good ol days when cars had turn key ignitions, it was literally impossible to steal them.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>fiddling with the door lock
        >then sitting inside while fiddling with the ignition lock
        >car alarm going off (optional)
        vs
        >opening the car like you own it (1 second)
        >starting the car like you own it (1 second)
        They should've made these things harder, not easier and faster

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wanted to hate it, but its too convenient and just works too well. Got my first push button start car a few years ago, and havent locked my keys inside since. Never have to frick around getting your keys out or putting them away to start or lock your car. It's great, anyone who says otherwise is coping.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>and havent locked my keys inside since.
      This is who push button starts are for. People that need nanny's to not do stupid shit. Ya know, the fact that you can't lock the keys in the car is taking away a feature. Lots of my customers want me to lock the keys in the car so they can pick it up with their spare after hours.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love turning the key so hard, bros
    I once got to turn the key on a 4,6l V8 crown vic and the feeling almost made me coom on the spot

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The best part about this is the surge of carjackings due to keyless entry. Just go to a gas station, get in someone's car and hit the start button while they're standing on the other side of the car lmao. It's a thiefs dream

You can't lock your car while filling up or the gas tank cover won't open, so everyone just leaves it unlocked while they fill up. And yeah the tank is on the far side from the driver door so ...

?t=14m15s
    Watch this 30 sec clip, it's this easy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My car won't start that way unless the key is physically inside the car. Catches me out a lot too. It knows when the key enters the frame of the door so if it's in my back pocket and I reach into the car from the outside to start it it refuses.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>My car won't start that way unless the key is physically inside the car.
        Incorrect. The car doesn't know if it's the key or if it's inside or outside, it knows only about the RF signal it receives using multiple receivers on the inside and outside. Even shitskins stealing cars know that, and you and the average buyer of this tech apparently doesn't. The said shitskins just retransmit the signal using the relay and side channel, and if the transmitting part of the relay is inside of the car, for the car it's the same as if the key is inside.

no it just senses any object placed under the doorhandle, then looks for the key's signal and unlocks. it's actually an old mercedes feature from the mid '90s. nothing fancy

So anyone can unlock and open the specific door if you're nearby with the key in your pocket.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>So anyone can unlock and open the specific door if you're nearby with the key in your pocket.
          yes technically if someone were extremely bold they could attempt to jump in the passenger side the second you open the driver's door, but they still can't start it without your key being physically inside the car. if they had collected your key's rf signal with a spoofer/booster beforehand then maybe they could get the car to start but if they could do that then they could get in without you present.

also if they really just want in the car to steal things it's a hell of a lot cheaper to just break your window than wait 6 weeks for hoodrat shit from china. the key spoofers are more for stealing the entire car and require quite a lot of forethought and planning as well as you doing the same thing every day.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

oh and it is possible to set on these cars how many doors open with the keyless entry so you can only unlock the driver's door if you want.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yes. With some cars you might need speci software though. With my old Lexus the manual says the dealer will customize it once for the original purchaser. Lots of people use cracked techstream software to mess with those options though.

>My car won't start that way unless the key is physically inside the car.
            Incorrect. The car doesn't know if it's the key or if it's inside or outside, it knows only about the RF signal it receives using multiple receivers on the inside and outside. Even shitskins stealing cars know that, and you and the average buyer of this tech apparently doesn't. The said shitskins just retransmit the signal using the relay and side channel, and if the transmitting part of the relay is inside of the car, for the car it's the same as if the key is inside.
            [...]
            So anyone can unlock and open the specific door if you're nearby with the key in your pocket.

>nearby
            It has to be within a couple feet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>yes technically if someone were extremely bold they could attempt to jump in the passenger side
            Don't have to jump, they can just open any door and steal my shit. That's one of the reasons I turned the system off.
            >if they had collected your key's rf signal with a spoofer/booster beforehand then maybe they could get the car to start
            That's what they do in those videos.
            >but if they could do that then they could get in without you present.
            They can open the car the same way (by relaying the signal) to get in, and that's the first thing they do in those videos.
            >also if they really just want in the car to steal things it's a hell of a lot cheaper to just break your window
            It's kind of hard to break a car window if it's laminated or has any film (doesn't have to be tint) applied to it. Also noisy and attracts attention.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the spoofer requires your key to be in range of it, you realize? so in a parking lot for example a thief could only steal your car while you were looking at him as you were walking up to it.
            at home the only way those spoofers work is if the key and the car are close by already and the thief will have to case you and learn where your keys are kept. Not hard but not your average crackhead shit. I've seen those videos, they require very specific positioning of the car and key to work. Quite frankly if you live in an apartment or condo you're impervious to this attack.
            The sunroofs on Chargers and Challengers are easier and quieter to open than breaking a window, but breaking a window is a lot faster.
            Furthermore once inside, if the thief can get the car into IGN and you have an 8" Uconnect, he can program a new key from the Dealer menu and not need the spoofer to start the car and drive off. The 5 and 7 inch radios do not have this function.
            Basically if someone wants your car badly enough it will get stolen and there is not shit you can do about it But if you buy a base model car without a sunroof or fancy radio you just removed the other two biggest vectors aside from KEnG. If you live in a fancy house and you park your nice Hellcat Chally out front instead of the garage and hang your keys on your wife's "live laugh love" keyhook by the door it's probably gonna get stolen.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>has no idea what's he talking about
            It's normie-tier knowledge at this point, it made it's way into *merican news, some of the videos were posted in the thread. Why are you so damn ignorant?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you literally just proved what I said was right with the image

>it's far too complicated for the average crackhead
            >the key and car need to be in a specific range of each other
            >they need to know where you keep your key in the house

keep your key in your bedside drawer and not by the front door and you never have to deal with this problem

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>the key and car need to be in a specific range of each other
            Where does it say that?
            >they need to know where you keep your key in the house
            Or they can approach you while you're shopping with the key in the pocket and the car they saw you getting out of is in the parking lot.
            >keep your key in your bedside drawer and not by the front door and you never have to deal with this problem
            An advice from a real RF engineer here, I see. Even forum boomers who put keys in metal boxes understand the problem better. Also you don't seem to be able to convert meters to stuff you usually measure length with or you think everyone lives in really big houses.

if you think American posters are so dumb imagine what the criminals are like
            it's a nothingburger
            street thieves in the US can barely operate a cell phone without breaking it, much less some wacky Chinese key spoofer + a laptop

Their news prove otherwise. The idea of a typical Mutt DA poster being less intelligent than a shitskin criminal from the same country is nothing new.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

if you think American posters are so dumb imagine what the criminals are like
            it's a nothingburger
            street thieves in the US can barely operate a cell phone without breaking it, much less some wacky Chinese key spoofer + a laptop

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

literally does exactly the same thing as turning the key

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

At least the mercedes is based and lets you revert back to normal key

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you don't even need to put the key in the hole, just stick your finger in there and turn with the fob in your hand

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>normal key
      cum on now

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>normal key
      >IR port

https://i.imgur.com/HRK9Bxd.jpg

>not my problem
      >not my problem
      >not my problem

The positioning is comfy, but these particular things like to shit themselves, and adding another key requires dealer scan tool like Tech 2 or MDI set up and running.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

its not infrared, it uses rfid
        if the fob battery is dead you can still start the car by pressing it into the button, the underlying emergency ignition cylinder is just the same thing but holds the key

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>its not infrared, it uses rfid
          Earlier versions were definitely infrared and they have the same "connector" shape.
          https://media.mbusa.com/releases/Infrared-SmartKey-Standard-on-All-Mercedes-Benz-Models

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Stick key in hole
        >turn it
        >engine starts
        thats just how a normal key works.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

If you mean the Saab key, it's not a normal key. It's a smart key with a smart hole. I have the same car.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

After setting up my race car to a push button start, I've changed my mind.
    Not having a key to lug around is great.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>only need to try 2048 combinations of switches to steal anon's car

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>2048 combinations
        B R U T E F O R C E

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

skill issue

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's
    >insert, turn key
    >flip magneto switches
    >prime fuel lines
    >set fuel mix
    >set spark
    >press starter button

20. 2 months ago
    Giddy

Why

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

push button start unironically steered me towards buying the cheapest base spec 2013 Scion FR-S when I was buying mine years ago. I was debating between the multitude of year and trim options, I could have bought a newer facelift one or a BRZ, but I was absolutely against push button start at the time which left me with only a base spec FR-S or the rare base spec non-LCD facelift 86. I'm past that now and bought a brand new car with push button start and all the doodads, but i enjoy what my autism about push button start did for my ownership journey in hindsight.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>break your window
    >press the button and drive away
    stealing cars have never been so easy

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I find the only people who hate it are those who are too moronic to understand how a button works

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *