just buy an older car
    or, if you're not a homosexual, you could even retrofit a key

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why? Just don't drive one lol?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I work on them

Muh trug is so quiet that the keys jingling in the ignition would be maddening. Glad I don't have to hear that shit anymore.

The only key you should have on the ignition is IN the ignition, keep your housekeys separate

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I used to keep the house keys on a seperate ring and remove them for bumpy roads but you'd still hear the plastic keyfob flapping around.
        First world problems I guess.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

not my problem, i have never started a car with anything but a key

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Me too. The car knows I've gotten in. It has a sensor for the key, it has a sensor for the driver seat being occupied. Why not just turn on right away? Why make me push a button?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

some Camrys have a remote engine starter button on the keyfob

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My Lexus has one, but it has a security feature where it shuts off the engine when you unlock the door. Rendering it useless for get in and go utility. Only to use climate controls in places where they are more needed. Many cars don't have a dedicated remote starter, but still have one that is activated by a pattern of button clicks and holds.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's why I love Teslas. Just shift to drive. No need to start the car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You love hairy man butt

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/KpJmfXm.jpg

i don't have to worry about mine starting at all

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>caring about Cheeto Hortler
          He was funny for his 15 minutes but now he should be hanged along with anyone else that's ever been within forty feet of the Chicklet-toothed blackmailer.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ironically Boogie has committed worse crimes than Trump

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i don't have to worry about mine starting at all

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Who cares? Go back to an old enough shitbox and you'll have a button to start it too, since the ignition switch expired in the 80s.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I hate that remote start isn't a universal standard at this point

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i know this airheaded girl who lost her key in her car months ago so she just leaves it unlocked and drives it around like normal because it's push to start

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>lost her keys in her car
      A car isn't very big. How the frick can you lose it? It's probably just under one of the seats.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frickin boomers on here don't remember that every car made prior to 1950s all had push start

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And Chrysler did the world a service by introducing the key ignition

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And it was a robust metal contact instead of a moronic carbon film rubber plunger.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Muh trug is so quiet that the keys jingling in the ignition would be maddening. Glad I don't have to hear that shit anymore.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I really like push to start. It annoys me when I have to take my key out for my other car.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Worst in the EU... you gotta push to start then push another button to turn off the stupid stop start

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just drive an older car then?

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't mind it, I still have to push the clutch in anyways. It just makes it harder to forget my key because I never have to take it out of my jacket

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Precisely what is the problem? Worked fine when it used to be the standard on rides like classic Jaguars and there is zero electrical reason it should be a problem UNLESS the ones you work on are badly done.

My hidden add-on industrial pushbutton kept my truck from being stolen because the thief cracked the column which did no good at all. Security by obscurity works on cars because thieves expect unmodded rides.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Does this actually negatively impact the mechanics of a car? I don't see a problem in terms of efficiency/reliability (unless it is start/stop in traffic)

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Keyless entry, keyless igntion.
    >Steals your car in 60 seconds with key signal amplifier.
    vs
    >Car not stolen.
    >Keyless keyfob receiver from car goes bad.
    Repair cost about 1000$.
    Vs
    >aged car with keyless ignition.
    >Emergency situation occurs.
    >Try to start the car, but push to start button is broken and needs to be replaced before you can start the car. Kek nothing personal big guy.

Traditional immobilizer chip key. Replace the keyfob battery 1-2 years, no RFID so need to replace keyfob battery. Also car doesnt consume more electric from its battery for constantly searching the key.
    VS keyless entry and keyless with keyless ignition keyfob.
    Car constantly searches for the keyfob, part of the computer systems wake up soon as the fob is near the car or signal is amplified by thief. When car computer systems wake up theres more electric drain at the car own battery.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Damn, I should watch out, JC Denton is going around stealing cars!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>JC Denton is going around stealing cars!
        This but unironically, some nerd is just going to walk up to your car and steal it with a flipper zero.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Finally, the cyberpunk distopia we were promised

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Finally, the cyberpunk distopia we were promised

>Keyless entry, keyless igntion.
          >Steals your car in 60 seconds with key signal amplifier.
          vs
          >Car not stolen.
          >Keyless keyfob receiver from car goes bad.
          Repair cost about 1000$.
          Vs
          >aged car with keyless ignition.
          >Emergency situation occurs.
          >Try to start the car, but push to start button is broken and needs to be replaced before you can start the car. Kek nothing personal big guy.

Traditional immobilizer chip key. Replace the keyfob battery 1-2 years, no RFID so need to replace keyfob battery. Also car doesnt consume more electric from its battery for constantly searching the key.
          VS keyless entry and keyless with keyless ignition keyfob.
          Car constantly searches for the keyfob, part of the computer systems wake up soon as the fob is near the car or signal is amplified by thief. When car computer systems wake up theres more electric drain at the car own battery.

>he doesn't run a switch for his fuel pump relay under his seat

plebs

not only can nobody steal my car, but nobody can kill me by commanding full throttle and open brakes

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

well unfortunately for you, moronic fricking prostitutes have decided unanimously that this, and the year your car was made are the pinnacle of luxury. the same prostitutes that are responsible for most brand new car sales, and as such, are, have been, and will continue to fricking ruin cars.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

start buttons are cool unless theyre in some gay car like an x-trail or something

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like it on my 2009 Mondeo.
    >car detects the key in my pocket
    >driver seat has sensor to detect me
    >press the button without clutch, only electronics turn on
    >press the button with clutch, engine starts
    >no annoying start/stop function when car is stationary
    Ford did everything right with the keyless start on this gen of Mondeo.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love it. I leave my remote in my pocket and just walk up and my door opens then I just push my start button. I have a penis so I do not have remote start because of a manual.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *