I hate restomods so much

I hate restomods so much

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Stolen valor. They want all the coolness and looks of a classic car without actually having to deal with all the bad that also made them great.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i dont think shitty brakes and suspension made old cars great honestly.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not to mention the noodle chassis and rust.
        Also lack of safety, and essential comfort features like electronics, Santav, adaptive cc and carplay or android auto

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Not to mention the noodle chassis and rust.
          >Also lack of safety, and essential comfort features like electronics, Santav, adaptive cc and carplay or android auto
          You forgot butt wipes and sippy cup.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>comfort features like electronics, Santav, adaptive cc and carplay or android auto
            Tbh frick all that just give me an aux cable

Why stop there then?
            May as well get a horse and cart

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

See

>Tbh frick all that just give me an aux cable
            Agreed AUX input is the best way to play music in a car other than maybe a head unit with a hard drive. Just a stream of audio without giving up your data or having to use a touchscreen on the dash. And no compression or data losses like with wireless things such as bluetooth.

No wires is better than wires.

Wrong, aux setup allows hassle-free switching between audio devices without any bluetooth pairing.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>hassle-free
            Mommy cut your Sammie into sailboats?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Aux cable is the simple do-it-yourself option here. Bluetooth/Android Auto/Car Play is like getting pic related. Pointlessly complex and extra time because you're afraid of appearing like a luddite.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>aux setup allows hassle-free switching between audio devices without any bluetooth pairing.
            This is incorrect.
            Bluetooth is easier to switch, and the quality is much better.
            Besides, what devices will you be realistically switching that all have a 3.5mm jack that has been out of use for ten years already?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Bluetooth is easier to switch, and the quality is much better.
            No on both counts. You've got to sync up phones to bluetooth on some shitty slow touchscreen, whereas you just plug a cable into your device with AUX. AUX doesn't compress data or lose packets in transmission.
            It's actually better than bluetooth through some app.
            Also, again, if you sync your phone to a modern car with BT or USB manufacturers can grab any other data from your phone.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>But you have to sync it up once
            After that its done.
            Still better than fumbling around for some dirty old cable that just sounds awful anyway.
            Plus, aux won't let you use the controls from your steering wheel, meaning you have to unlock your phone, then crash your car while looking at it.
            Heaven forbid someone calls...

>Muh data
            Control your permissions, and take your meds.

You do realize that even iPhones have an adapter with a 3.5mm jack, right?

>Just use some shitty adapter from Temu (shopping like a billionaire™) bro
            Yeah nah, thanks but see the above.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>for some dirty old cable that just sounds awful anyway.
            Just say you personally prefer not having cables. Don't come up with fake excuses or act like your way is the only objectively best way. AUX has better audio quality than BT.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Already did.
            Also, BT is the most popular way, therefore the most successful and better way.
            Walk me through how you change albums on your phone while driving, with the aux cable.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just pick up the phone and hit back once on blackplayer to scroll artists or albums. It’s a lot faster than touchscreens even on six-figure cars and I don’t have to lean my whole body in an unsafe manner.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I just fumble my phone in one hand, then take my concentration off the road to look at the phone screen, which will have to be unlocked.
            >Then, i concentrate more on the phone screen as i navigate directories, while the car is in motion
            >Much easier than just hitting the buttons on the steering wheel!
            I mean let's be honest, you qre showing extreme coping signals rn

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Six figure cars have steering wheel controls
            In fact my 23 year pos E46 has steering wheel controls

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I have to listen to my favorite Playlist while driving!!!
            Typical NPC.
            I'll bet you've spent more money on video games than books, furniture or property.
            You're nothing to this world beyond a source of tax revenue.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Resorts to childish insults
            I accept your surrender.
            But to play out your logic, anyone who has a stereo is now an npc kek.
            >Nooo you can't just listen to audio easily while driving!!!
            Lol, lmao even

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not the "listening to music" aspect.
            It's how big of an issue it is to you.
            A normal person would shop for a car based on safety rating or engine performance or genre- you're focused on if it has apple carplay and adaptive cruise control.
            You're just a mindless peon, floating through life, with nothing to show for your wagie job other than debt.
            Go ahead and post a pic of that stack of Xbox games or your stream account.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Seething this hard about other people listening to audio in their superior cars
            Kek this is delicious.
            You are right about one thing though, I earn a lot more than you, so i don't have to worry about the poorgay problems you are crying about lol

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>earn a lot more than you
            Highly doubtful.
            Successful people don't worry about their playlist when driving.
            You watch tiktok videos while you're on the shifter in your 1 bedroom apartment.
            You're the definition of a peon.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Out of nowhere references tiktok, xboxes, playlists, apartments etc
            Lol keep seething and projecting poorgay sounds like you are doing an inventory of all of your failures in life

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're the one who is going on every other board right now starting shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>going on every other board right now
            LMAO meds

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Did i hit a nerve?
            Is it disturbing that a complete stranger was able to describe your life so accurately?
            You should step back and look at yourself and what an abject failure your existence is.
            Maybe it's not to late to change.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You do realize that even iPhones have an adapter with a 3.5mm jack, right?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You argue like a redditor

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>waaaahhh! i hate when things are civilized!!
            >waaahhhh you need to drive a car made by and for cavemen!!!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Technology takes living out of life.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ah yes it is always better when your tools make you do more work instead of less

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You don't drive a 60era muscle car because it's civilized.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>comfort features like electronics, Santav, adaptive cc and carplay or android auto
          Tbh frick all that just give me an aux cable

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Tbh frick all that just give me an aux cable
            Agreed AUX input is the best way to play music in a car other than maybe a head unit with a hard drive. Just a stream of audio without giving up your data or having to use a touchscreen on the dash. And no compression or data losses like with wireless things such as bluetooth.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No wires is better than wires.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bait

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not bait.
            All those points are correct, and it doesn't even mention tires and airbags either.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>airbags
            airbags in conjunction with seat belts increase the survival rate by a few percent, compared to just seat belts alone.
            depending on whom you ask, every percent counts, or it's not worth the added expense

• 4 weeks ago
        Greased Geese

alot of cars handle fine if you just put stock replacement parts back in them.
        I do like having wider wheels and better brakes than stock for some of the heavier older cars but there's no excuse for putting dakota digital dogass shit in or some of the ugly styling cues.
        alot of restomods I see on marketplace are laughably bad shit.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There's a difference between bigger wheels & Donk. Someone should tell that to Chip.

• 4 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

nomatter how many inch of wheel you can fit under the car foose will have that deep of gay wheel manufacturers hands up his ass.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If the network forces Foose to Donk-Out his cars, I get it. What doesn't make sense is all the normies that buy into it. I guess they are that weak.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not the network.
            Foose has a mental illness.
            His entire shtick is cnc billet staggered wheels.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I disagree,
            Every aspect of life has been overrun with ghetto culture. (By design) Chip is just smart enough to make some cheddar through the process.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a classic car without actually having to deal with all the bad
      Ya, and?
      Do you also reminisce about polio and small pox?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Stolen valor.
      Well articulated.
      It's complete cringe and no doubt overpriced garbage.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That thing is sick. I like more sidewall but I can't afford that thing anyways so who cares.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>That thing is sick
      commit sudoku at your earliest convenience

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>what if we put aliexpress lights and fully sick rims on your beautiful 60s car?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What year is that Alpha? Those are one of my top 3 cars.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sour grapes, the thread

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

poorgay

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nah poorgay is b***hing about drum brakes leaded fuel and vacuum everything tech being removed and upgraded in a restomod like there wasn't a reason the entire industry moved on from it

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's not sour grapes I'd want that XB if didn't have Black person rims and candy blurple paint

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So don't buy it.
        I don't want whiny little b***hes on DA but here you are....

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's a rendered image anyway.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ricer

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>sour grapes, the thread
      As someone who owns two classic cars I couldn't see myself going the restomod route like this personally. I just think the cars that come out the other end are overdone and tacky; the pic in OP is very much an eyesore to me even if I can appreciate the amount of work and money that went into it.

That said, I'm fine with restomods that leave the exterior feeling period-appropriate, even though I personally wouldn't want Apple Car Play or whatever in mine.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you wanna hate on resto mods go watch this frick

?si=L-pCCOsqpqFg9Tmp
    Takes rusty shit, grinds away all the casting marks, fills holes with bondo, takes away all the soul.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Takes rusty shit, grinds away all the casting marks, fills holes with bondo, takes away all the soul.
      You're a fricking idiot. Also I love his series on that S30 restoration.

It's not sour grapes I'd want that XB if didn't have Black person rims and candy blurple paint

Agreed. Where did this Chip Foose school of putting donk wheels on classics start from ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>take working item
      >put a bunch of rust on it
      >film a video taking the rust off
      all those restoration channels do the exact same shit lmao

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My question is, why is it always some boring ass metallic paint? It’s like boomers and Harleys, it’s the same shit of “wait till you see it in the sun”. I want my paint to look nice all the time instead of another boring off black color in any light other than direct sun.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

so what's the better option then? rattlecan?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I’m talking about colors that aren’t boring or need just the right lighting to not look shit. You spend all that money on a car just for the paint to be super meh. Kind of like how so many cars these days are some variation of neutral colors.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wouldn't turn down a Singer DLS though.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How do you steer?

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't like the paint color; but that's subjective if you like purple then its well done. I don't think the wheels are appropriate for it and obviously the suspension has been lowered to a stupid degree. Other than that I don't have a problem with it.

>I hate restomods so much

They can be good or bad. I'm fine with taking a car with a good body and turning it into a modernized daily driver. Unless a car has a particularly great, rare, or historically important engine and transmission I have very little problem with swapping them out for something modern and reliable.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like it

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/news/cam-waters-xb-falcon-hardtop-and-more-insane-motorex-unveils-part-three

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

frick you its the best car style ever.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hatchbacks?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no restomods.

https://i.imgur.com/joSivmf.jpeg

I love restomods as long as they don't have Black person wheels on them like these. Chip foose is a white Black person so his wheels count as Black person wheels. What's not to love about a stock appearing restomod? Modern performance and handling in a car that doesn't look like a sculpted dog turd with some creases added to look aggressive.

"Black person" wheels being one of the key parts of it. good looking, stylish wheels like op is good. donk or bling insane inch wheels isnt. good steelies is also great but you just know these cars suffered so greatly from their era tire tech and sizes.
        the myth american cars cant turn doesnt come so much from the cars and suspension setup, but from the hockeypuck pizzaslicer tires in full profile that rolled over sideways in every turn. making them wider did help a bit but not much they still roll over and its still hockeypuck rubber.
        we call it hollywood tires here when they squeek in every corner.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You don't need to put ugly 20" wheels that clash with the car's styling on a restomod, it's just nigmode
          >mUh RiMz
          but with white boomers

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Would you prefer this? I'm not such a purist.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's nto about purism, I don't give 1/150th of a FRICK if you put an LS in a mopar or a 2JZ or a hemi, it's about wheels that look good on the car instead of lookign like you threw a dart at a wheel catalog after flipping through it blindfolded and picked whatever you got closest to.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All the manufacturers are following the Ghetto trend. It's the new norm.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stop liking things I don't like!!!!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stop not liking things I like!!!!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

as i said dont put Black person wheels on the car.
            lots of rubber might give good drag times, lots of rim give good track times. find the middle ground, and you can do that with modern or retro looking rims, its up to you. some modern rims look good on old cars, if you dont like it i dont care. go cry to your mom she can pat your head and tell you to her you is her favourite daughter.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love restomods as long as they don't have Black person wheels on them like these. Chip foose is a white Black person so his wheels count as Black person wheels. What's not to love about a stock appearing restomod? Modern performance and handling in a car that doesn't look like a sculpted dog turd with some creases added to look aggressive.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This anon gets it

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't mind bigger wheels; as long as it's tasteful.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are these morons still putting halo lights on $100k+ builds

This shit was played out 20 years ago, it's tacky ricer garbage

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

SMASHED AND SLAMMED

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i dont

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

HOLD ON!

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

restomods are based because they look cool and unique and remain reliable while making boomers seethe

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate you so much. That car is badass.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Seeing a nice clean and stock YJ or TJ Wrangler is so rare and interesting. Most are owned by guys that buy every piece of shit mod and part in the 4WP catalog and they all end up junked and looking the same.

Not really the same as a restomod, but same problem

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *