I have a 2019 Mercedes CLA200 that I bought for $57,500 (Australian dollars) second hand in December 2022.

I have a 2019 Mercedes CLA200 that I bought for $57,500 (Australian dollars) second hand in December 2022.

So far I have paid for two car services. One was $3150 (included new front and rear brake pads + gearbox oil replacement). Second service was a minor one for $1230. I'm guessing the next one will be the major. I've done about 46,600 kms (approx. 29,000 miles)

Now I love the interior and how it feels on the inside but now that it is getting older I wonder if I should get rid of it and buy a brand new (or second hand) Toyota RAV4 or Corolla Cross instead?

Pic related.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>but now that it is getting older
    It's a five year old car, is this bait?
    >buy a brand new (or second hand) Toyota RAV4 or Corolla Cross
    Do you hate having fun in life?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Jesus. 60k for a used base model Mercedes
      Tragic.

For a German car. Yes it is.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Tragic.

Actually I take it back it's a fricken 4 banger base model Mercedes, I don't know German cars that well.
      A corolla would unironically be faster.
      Get the real deal with these luxury cars or don't get them at all.

• 1 month ago
      OP

No it's not bait. My previous car was a 2013 BMW 3 Series and it was a money pit so I don't want the same to happen to this one.

Can confirm, I don't hate having fun in life lol.

Tragic.

They are more expensive now brand new (a big price increase).

Tragic.

Yea the downside is the 1.3L turbo engine. I have to put it in Eco mode because in Comfort it holds onto the gears for too long and drives like a 3 year old was giving a cup of cordial. Weird powerband.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>bmw 3 series was a money pit
        >so I bought a modern mercedes instead
        buy a fricking lexus from here on out, you idiot

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Dumping it now is a good idea yes.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

buy a fricking Mustang/BRZ and frick off

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>minor service
    >$1230

>break pads and gearbox oil change
    >$3150

Is the AUS dollar completely worthless or what? Those prices are absolutely fricking insane

• 1 month ago
      OP

Yea it has gone downhill really.

This is the reality of German car ownership. The rich use these breakdown machines as a way to flex, it says "I'm rich enough to afford the expensive imported parts repairs for this fancy looking piece of shit." They seem to all be in a contest to see who can buy the worst piece of shit to have in the shop for as many weeks if not months as possible, while they roll around in the dealership's courtesy car which is the biggest flex of them all. The most coveted car in any rich area is the Mercedes, BMW, Landrover, etc courtesy marked vehicle.

Anyone in a bougie ass area tell me this isn't exactly what you observe.

I found this interesting. In Australia there isn't many courtesy cars available at most dealerships though. I get what you're saying.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nah op is just a moron who allowed himself to be fleeced. It wouldn't cost more than $600 even at the most ripoff tier dealerships.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

while it's a case of the aussie dollar being quite shit at the moment, it's also a case of the country just being a gigantic ripoff in general.
      >welcome to straya where everything tries to kill you
      >(or rip you off)
      i miss when the aussie dollar reached parity with the US dollar, then went a bit further...I'd imagine car nuts buying burger parts would've had a field day

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

oh but in this case, OP just got taken to the cleaners lol.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

deseved for buying a front wheel drive "mercedes"

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is the reality of German car ownership. The rich use these breakdown machines as a way to flex, it says "I'm rich enough to afford the expensive imported parts repairs for this fancy looking piece of shit." They seem to all be in a contest to see who can buy the worst piece of shit to have in the shop for as many weeks if not months as possible, while they roll around in the dealership's courtesy car which is the biggest flex of them all. The most coveted car in any rich area is the Mercedes, BMW, Landrover, etc courtesy marked vehicle.

Anyone in a bougie ass area tell me this isn't exactly what you observe.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Brake pads front and rear are no more than $250 in parts. Gearbox oil is $40.
    Labor is half a day.
    You got ripped off by $2500.

• 1 month ago
      OP

>One was $3150 (included new front and rear brake pads + gearbox oil replacement)
      what the frick

Trust me, I know

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If he re-sells it, buyers may want to see that all maintenance was done at the dealer. Oil change at a dealer is easily over $100. Brakes are easily $1k for OEM parts and a few hundred or more in labor.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i like it

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>One was $3150 (included new front and rear brake pads + gearbox oil replacement)
    what the frick

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *