I have a Miata but I want to buy another miata. what should I do?

I have a Miata but I want to buy another miata
what should I do?
mine doesn't have pop up headlights and some zoomed at a gas station told me it's not a real miata

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is it an NC? Then he was right.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's a ND..

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's fine. If it's B or C, you suck the d.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

NC is unironically the best gen.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nc2 only. Nc1 sucks apparently.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1.6L
    >less power than squid with a whole litre less
    >iron block 4 pot weights the same as 4 litre alloy V8
    >silly lights make his car slower at night
    >contamination form when uncle Sam dropped the sun on their assembly plant
    >probably watches donut and other such pog-face Nintendo children
    next time. pat his little broccoli head and tell him he's a little cutei patooti.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine buying another car just for popup headlights envy. Lmao

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fellow ND owner here (though this post is probably moronic bait)

Buy another Miata. Get an NC and 2.5 swap it, make it your project car and the ND your daily. NCs are ugly anyways so you're not messing anything up by ricing it out, and you can have a not slow NA RWD car as God intended. NA/NB are only fixed by turbos, which IMHO just don't fit what a Miata is supposed to be good at.

Don't do it because of some moronic zoomer though, do it because Miata is always the answer, and with two Miatas you won't feel as bad when you wreck one.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's not bait, every time i see an insta reels of two NAs doing the headlight thing I get sad.
      if I get the NA im looking at, it will be a project and eventually get a turbo and all the fixings

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

do it, then. you're so weakminded that tiktok already fricked you.
        it will all go down as a bitter "desire not fulfilled" in your head if you don't.
        tip: fulfilling a desire is worse

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>fulfilling a desire is worse
          nta. depends. at first i hated my big american barge when i got it but apparently it was only because there was a lot of bullshit involved in registering it. now that thats done im more at ease and am having fun making other yurostanis impotently rage because its frick off loud.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You're going to realize the NA has -half- the whp of your ND, a floppy noodle chassis, and 30 year old car problems, all for a good chunk of cash now that zoomers bought them all.

If you intend to go full crazy and build it into something go for it. If you think a stock NA is going to scratch any itch your ND doesn't beyond the first few days of "popups lol" you're being moronic.

You seem to need others to make your decisions so let me help. Everyone will shit on your car no matter what it is. If you think you want another car sit down and decide what specific things your current fails to satisfy. If you're chasing approval honestly get into DA, cars will never give you what you want.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Idk low boost turbo na/nb feel a whole lot like exactly what a Miata should be

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your car goes zoom zoom. His doesn't so ignore the zoomie

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

follow your heart, old miatas are still relatively cheap. just make sure you're not following someone else's heart, because ND is based beyond words so in the end, NA could only work as a project car for frick around purposes

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a question: all Miata owners seem a bit weird. Are all of them animegay incels?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You're asking if miata owners are weeblets? Of course they are. Otherwise they'd get a non-weeblet car. Think about it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I don't know. At first I assumed they were good cars, but actually paying attention to who were driving them kind of put me off, because there was no way those slobs could know what a good car was.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

A lot of miata drivers seem to be impressionable nerds like OP. But, I know a guy that has a miata as a second car and isn't a weeblet at all and works at a machine shop that builds engines. So they're definitely not all bad. Miatas suck though. They're only fun because of how shitty they are which is lame.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, that and 40+ year old homosexual gentlemen.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>losing interest in my NA while I'm halfway through a vvt swap
    I'm hoping when it runs again I'll like this car. Took a 1.6 NA and swapping a vvt, got the torsen diff in, got a 6 speed, megasquirt 3, and an AEM.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Participated in a VVT swap some time ago, also with ms3. It was my first take on ECU tuning and it was fun beyond words, plus it got me to appreciate VVT because the difference between turning it off and setting the right angle for every RPM range is night and day. Keep going, I bet you'll love it. It's not a dramatic difference, but as much as I appreciate 1.6, putting 1.8 vvt with a bit of tuning up was exactly what took the car from "slow but fun" to just plain fun. It's not fast, but with this engine, it feels just about good enough, 1.8 gives you exactly as much as you need to have a nice day while having some effortless fun on backroads.

not mentioning track performance because straights aside, i can't say I didn't have fun even with a 1.6 on nordschliefe. tracks are just always fun

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Miata is fun for the driver. NA miata is fun for the bystanders who are used to soulless blobs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

na miatas look like gay little jelly beans what are you saying

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>let's a zoomzoom talk shit about his car to his face
    >reacts by wanting to buy a new car and making a thread about it on his personal blog, DA
    Stay winning, miatagays.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

AC compressor on my 90 went out. It used to sound like a bag of rocks spinning and then it just stopped. A clutch kit is only $80. Worth doing ? Whole compressors are pretty expensive and used ones on eBay look like dogshit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He's dead, Jim. A clutch kit isn't going to fix the internals that just imploded. You need a new compressor and a new condenser because when compressors shit the bed like that they launch debris into the whole system that's impossible to get out and will slowly sand your new compressor to death too.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

welp. reman compressor it is. I'll wait until I fix everything else and this is the last thing I'm waiting before I order more parts...

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I would trust a used compressor more than a reman. I've never had good luck with remans, we had 3 bad ones in a row on a customer's car who refused to pay up for a new one. Two of them just straight up didn't work out of the box, but one of them did catastrophically fail and ruin their brand new condenser, so it needed a condenser again that time.
          t. AC tech

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Damn. I'll find one that doesn't look like a POS. Or I need to convert the whole thing to r134 which has way more availability of parts and compressors since my model year currently is only '90-'93.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

frick whatever zoomies think
    i have a ND2 and multiple NA6s
    both cars are great
    i do love the NA6 more though, it feels a lot more analog than the ND2
    the ND2 is quite refined, which is great for daily reasons, but it does make it a little bit more dull to drive
    NA6 is by definition what the Miata was supposed to be, and when you drive one like you stole it you'll know what that means

just my two cents

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What're the headlights that make them look like that ?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You better keep your ND Miata, not switching to older Miata unless you want to gamble taking the risk of having to do welding repairs. The old Miatas have rust issues.
    >mine doesn't have pop up headlights and some zoomed at a gas station told me it's not a real miata.
    Ignore stupid people like that.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *