I just bought a Honda Ridgeline, stop making fun of me.

Two months ago my boomer neighbor was selling his 2010 Ridgeline with low mileage for a good price and I bought it. I've only owned a 2003 Tacoma prior, but it had 290,000 miles and I felt it had ran it's course. I work as a Carpenter and personally love the way the Ridgeline drives, plus I keep my all tools in the trunk which is very convenient. Since this purchase my friends have all constantly talked shit saying it's not a real truck. It can tow 5,000 lbs and can hold 1500lbs in the bed, which is the same as any other v6 truck from the same year. Should I have bought a new $38,000 tacoma instead?

Make me feel better, bros.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, you're fine. Tell your friends to enjoy their car payments. If you're not towing you're the prime demographic for Ridgelines.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's a good little homie to have, if you happy with it why do you care about others take.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i just cant get past how fricking stupid it looks. its like the down syndrome version of a truck

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They're good trucks and I regret selling mine. Funkiest bit IMO is lack of a full size spare and the bed being a bit shallow vs regular mid or full size trucks.

Latest models solve for that well I think.

im trying to convince my parents to get a ridgeline. they like honda, and have an accord and a civic.
      they really need a light truck.

Same. It's basically a grandpa truck.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What makes it a "grandpa truck"?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>its like the down syndrome version of a truck
      If it drives and carries things in the bed, does it matter what it looks like? When people ask how I do my work, they usually don't ask what I drove. If they do, the first question is usually, "How the frick did you fit that in your car?"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Quiet trucktoddler

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

im trying to convince my parents to get a ridgeline. they like honda, and have an accord and a civic.
    they really need a light truck.

5. 2 months ago
    sage

You didn't write how much you paid for it,so you already know the answer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I paid him 11k and it had 96,000 miles on it. Seemed like a good deal to me. Its the RTL trim which has leather seats and all that jazz, plus he had installed a touchscreen center console.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Did he do the timing belt?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not bad. I wouldnt call 96k miles low though. If you arent in the rust belt, itll go for a long time. Basically a Honda Pilot with a bed.
        And this

Did he do the timing belt?

. Get the timing belt done if it hasnt. Might as well change all the fluids while youre there.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why are these so damn hated?
    >fairly capable
    >rides nicely
    >Honda reliability
    >roomy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No idea. Could be car payment bros justifying their 50k+usd f150 with ecoboom engines.

https://i.imgur.com/FoFFxrc.jpg

Two months ago my boomer neighbor was selling his 2010 Ridgeline with low mileage for a good price and I bought it. I've only owned a 2003 Tacoma prior, but it had 290,000 miles and I felt it had ran it's course. I work as a Carpenter and personally love the way the Ridgeline drives, plus I keep my all tools in the trunk which is very convenient. Since this purchase my friends have all constantly talked shit saying it's not a real truck. It can tow 5,000 lbs and can hold 1500lbs in the bed, which is the same as any other v6 truck from the same year. Should I have bought a new $38,000 tacoma instead?

Make me feel better, bros.

As long as it can do what you need, it's fine.
      If you had to carry lots of sticks then something with a lumber rack would be better, but the carpenters I knew just had a toolbox in the bed and a bunch of tools in the cab so they don't get stolen.

Buying a truck like that off your boomer neighbor is the best you can do.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I personally don't mind them, but they drive more like a minivan than a truck?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They're a unibody truck about the size of a minivan if it had a topper. That's about what you'd expect for driving dynamics.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Why are these so damn hated?
      Because they're FWD or FWD-based AWD. That's the whole reason.
      In the older AWDs it's always FWD until slip is detected, in the newer ones it's AWD if you're using throttle.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>wrong wheel drive
        >transverse
        >no V8
        >no transfer case
        >no low range
        >no frame
        >no midgate
        >car suspension
        >car axle shafts
        >car wheels
        >unpractical "bed"
        Many such cases

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

All things that do not matter to the overwhelming majority of modern truck buyers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>speaking for large groups of people
            >while not even being related to them
            Every fricking time.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Check the stats homosexual, it's a grocery getter vehicle at this point.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The only homosexual here is (you)
            People buying the stuff means the stuff matters to them
            They don't want it they don't buy it, simple as

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>implying people logically think about purchases like this
            Most people are cattle bro.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>implying the only things that matter are those you can rationalize "logically"
            And I'm not your bro, definitely-not-cattle anon.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

And most of all

>it's fine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, if you want to larp

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

because they're not a "real" truck and honda never really cared about marketing them because they only made the truck for people who wanted the brand

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For something that's not a "real truck", I see a shitload of people using first gen Ridgelines as work trucks. And they can do everything that 90% of truck owners use their trucks for.

I think some people just can't get past the unibody construction and funky look.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

99% of truck owners don't even use the bed lol.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Truck bros hate the fact that a "minivan with a bed" is often used more like a real truck than their "real trucks"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>some people just can't get past the unibody construction
      That mentality has been an issue for 60 years.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

> the one-piece cab and bed body was still mounted to a traditional ladder frame chassis.[3]
        It's not a unibody, moron, it's a Unibody™
        Bean counters from Ford decided that having two steel walls between the driver and the cargo is too much. No surprise it was poorly received.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So just like the Ridgeline then

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, if you mean "misleading the customer by the choice of words".
            Ford used "unibody" to describe body on frame truck
            Honda used the word "frame" in the name of their unibody design, it's Uniframe™ or something like that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Damn had no idea they had a real unibody f100

Learn something new every day

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Should've bought the Avalanche.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yah I was considering buying an Avalanche at first actually. There was a guy selling his '07 on AutoTrader for 6k, it had 240,000 miles but he had put a new transmission in it. I test drove it and thought it was too big and bulky, especially compared to my Tacoma, so I decided not to buy it. I like to think I made the better choice but oh well

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I like to think I made the better choice but oh well
        If this is OP, then add me to the List that thinks you made a good choice.
        You can always sell it or trade it in if it turns out to not suit your needs.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>truck the size of the GMT900 Suburban is le big and le bulky
        >proceeds to buy an oversized big and bulky 2 ton car
        Big brain move
        Regarding the mileage 240k for the truck is definitely not low, but 100k for what is essentially a car isn't low either. I mean, there's a reason trucks don't depreciare that fast with mileage and hold their value on the used market better. A lot of stuff in the Ridgeline will require attention: independent suspension on four corners means more consumables and more work, car suspension in a cuckover used like a truck means it doesn't last long. Transverse engine is harder to wrench on and is less bulletproof, especially if it's a DOHC V6 with belts instead of an OHV V8 with a short chain that probably didn't even have VVT in 2007, so a big brain move again. I don't even want to touch the transmission/drivetrain topic for an AWD Honda and the midgate you missed out on.

because they're not a "real" truck and honda never really cared about marketing them because they only made the truck for people who wanted the brand

Probably this. A significant portion of *meritards is willing to buy anything with Honda badge for some reason I personally can't understand.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a minivan with an open cargo area, but it's also a Honda. A daily doesn't have to be fun, just practical and reliable.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a UTE marketed as a truck like the Maverick and mutts can't handle that

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Make me feel better, bros.
    No, you could have bought an early 2000's super duty with the 7.3 turbo diesel for just a bit more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>implying anon has the skills and willingness to deal with that headache
      lol... lmao even. The honda passport ute sounds perfect for OP's needs. I know plenty of tradesmen who use ridgelines as work trucks and they all love them. The truth is if you're not regularly towing 8k+ lbs you don't need a diesel truck.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That would be worse in every way.
      >but it's more capable
      He doesn't tow. He commutes to work with it.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Make sure you get there transmission looked at, timing belt, fluids, all that. Other than that, it's a ute the decided to bulk. Easy to drive, I knew a guy who would cross country one every year until it died at 450k. The leather interior is prone to cracking, but is super comfy.
    Over all, I'd say it was a good buy. Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the "not a real truck" club.
    >t. 96 Tacoma 4cy 2wd

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>it died at 450k

Wow. Why even buy this thing if it won't last at least 1 million miles?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

well he was doing over 3,000 miles in half a month every year, maybe that has somthing to do with it. but I'm just a C Tech, I wouldn't know. Also, will your car do a million miles?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

My V6 Chally is at 136k and still going strong. The check engine light has been on for only the last 3,000 miles.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

May it run for 900k more

13. 2 months ago
    p

SUV made of plastic
    Great for a nerd who needs a suv, not so great for actual men who needs actual utility.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Well, like I said originally I'm a carpenter not a "nerd who needs an suv"...Regarding the "plastic" my 03 Tacoma was full of it too. I can't think of any Truck made after the 80s that isn't really.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your friends are moronic OP but so are you for caring enough to start this thread. Also I hate white cars

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *