I just can't decide between a sports/muscle coupe and a comfy sedan.

I just can't decide between a sports/muscle coupe and a comfy sedan.
Sometimes I imagine having lots of accessible power and fun rowing through gears in some scenic road, so I want the sports coupe.
Other times I imagine having a long day at work and wanting to just comfortably cruise in a car that is practical and useful, so I want the comfy sedan.
In both cases, I want a V8.
I'm leaning towards the sedan, because it would be my only car and most driving situations are just commuting or running errands, in which you want it to be comfortable.
However, I'm only 23 so I don't really have a need for a sedan at the moment, but I feel like it can be more useful long term.
Pic unrelated.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Challenger backseat is big enough for two more adults just get that.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy a 4 door coupe.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>4 door coupe
      2 door sedan

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what's with the idea that having an extra set of doors makes a car less 'sporty' or something. you think you can't 'have lots of accessible power and have fun rowing through gears' in a sedan? like if you drove an M3 and an M4 back to back you think you'd be able to feel any sort of difference whatsoever

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because some carless moron on a Vietnamese oyster harvesting forum said so

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Well Im looking for new cars with V8s, and there aren't many options for sedans to choose from in my budget. There's just the Lexus is 500, chrysler 300, dodge charger. none of these have a manual option, and could hardly be said to be "sporty" overall. They're just for comfy cruising.
      Whereas mustang and camaro are without doubt much more fun to drive but will be much less practical and harsher for daily driving.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

what's your budget
        does it have to be new

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

$70k & yes (I got my first big boy job so I need to waste money).
          It's honestly between the Lexus IS 500 (MSRP $70k) and the Camaro 2SS (MSRP $55k).
          I'll have more fun in the Camaro and it suits my age better, but the Lexus is built to last, and I feel like I can get more value out of it, despite it being pricier. I feel like I can get a used weekend Camaro if I ever wanted to in the future anyway. But a daily driver for me needs to be new.

>However, I'm only 23 so I don't really have a need for a sedan at the moment, but I feel like it can be more useful long term.
          Just buy a fun car and get a mid/full size sedan later when you actually need it. You can have performance and comfort in most luxury coupes.

>mid/full size sedan later when you actually need it.
          I completely understand what you're saying, but I feel like it's also a race against time. How many attainable V8 sedans are going to roll out of factories past like 2025? If I can secure one now, not infested with the cum and farts of previous owners such as in the used car market, then I'm good for whatever situation occurs in the future.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't waste your money. $70K means you should be driving a $2k hand-me-down shitbox.

I make $500K and daily an old Camry. Many of the people I work with are in dual-income households of $800K-$1M+ and daily old Priuses. I don't understand how some people can be so reckless with their money.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Uh my budget is $70k, not my income lol.
            I also don't really care what non car enthusiasts drive. We don't have the same interests.
            I'm not planning to save money in life by driving shit boxes, I plan to work hard and get promotions and bonuses.
            The difference between buying a $70k car (so financially irresponsible!) and a $35k car (so financially reasonable!) is $35k.
            That much money can be made in a single promotion or bonus in a year.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>35k promotion or a single bonus in a year
            Huge doubt. Seems like you don't understand the value of money. Then again, you're only 23.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Huge doubt
            It's happened to me though? After two years of work, I was promoted from entry level to a "normal" worker which involved a pay increase MORE than $35k.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's an incredible amount for a promotion and I would never expect someone making those kinds of strides to ever post on DAgs lol. Shouldn't you be thinking about Bugattis and not Lexuses?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Going from $250k to $300k over three years doesn't make me in the market for a Bugatti kek
            A huge number of my coworkers bought $35k Teslas in their first year (with federal tax credit), while I held on to my shitbox (not that I wanted an EV anyway).
            Some of my coworkers have $100k cars like porsches usually, but they've worked longer than me and are in higher positions.
            Most don't have $50k+ cars, though, because most aren't car enthusiasts. I understand that, but i am. I simply dont care about "depreciating asset" and "just get a corolla"
            Yes the lexus isn't "smarter" than a toyota, but I can pretty much guarantee that I will continue to live comfortably even after the purchase, thats what the point of managing your finances and budget is.

https://i.imgur.com/26TaOfp.jpg

[...]
            >A cool car is a cool car, man.

A V8 isn't going to fit underneath the line, I dont understand what the frick you want

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>$300k at 23 years old
            Damn. I kneel king. You do you, my poorgay ass is in no position to give you any advice.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

buy a balls out camaro, or a 2ss and throw some mods in it + tune.
            then, later when youre tired of the fuel bill, buy the compact economy car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are a small number of richgays on DA just as there are a small number of richgays IRL. I've been posting for 15 years now and just got a new job with a $50k salary increase

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>There are a small number of richgays on DA just as there are a small number of richgays IRL.
            Statistically 1 in 10 americans make $200k. It's really not that uncommon to meet successful people, if you don't live in bumfrick, kansas, that is.
            Of course making that income at 23 is slightly a different story, but still not unheard of for college graduates who studied engineering and worked hard to get a job.
            I'm very fortunate and grateful to be in the position i am, for my parents, for my university, and for America, which provided these opportunities and set me up for success. And of course a bit of luck had to be on my side.
            Nothings guaranteed though. I could eat my words and get laid off tomorrow. But you can't live life in constant fear that your livelihood will collapse the next day.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Statistically 1 in 10 americans make $200k
            do you mean 1 in 100? how can 1 in 10 be possible when 50% of households (that generally means on 2 incomes) make less than 55k? 1 in 10 seems rather unrealistic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well I make well over $200k so I'm bringing this thread's average up.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Hmm that was household income making $200k actually, so combined salary. I guess individual is much less, online it says 5.7%
            So a bit more than 1 in 20. Probably more where I live though.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>college graduates who studied engineering and worked hard to get a job.
            I graduated with an M.S. Eng (3.9/4.0 GPA) and my first job offer was $50k in 2010 and now, fourteen years later, I only make $88k.
            I went into the wrong fricking field.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i graduated with a bachelor's degree in math (B average) and make $120k a year after graduation doing remote work
            i went into the right fricking field

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if you need to buy new then i can't help you. your only options for a manual are CT5-V blackwings which are out of your budget. if you want to be less low-T and consider used you have some options, namely an F10 M5, E90 M3, Audi RS4, CTS-V, plus a few others.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/results/?body_style_slugs[]=sedan&cylinder_counts[]=8&list_price_max=70000&maximum_distance=all&mileage_max=50000&page_size=20&transmission_slugs[]=manual&year_min=&zip=90210

my advice is don't even consider a lexus as a man in your 20s. they are for asian woman and people in their 40s and 50s. if you must buy new and need a manual then go with the camaro.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>don't even consider a lexus
            A cool car is a cool car, man. I doubt that demographic you mention is buying IS 500s, only those who really want the V8 old-school style sedan are. The engine + reliability is the value proposition.
            I want a new car to daily, because I want warranty, free maintenance, and overall just peace of mind that I don't have to keep discovering new issues to fix every month, which has been my experience with used cars. For a weekend car, I'd definitely look into the used market and get something MUCH cheaper.
            I appreciate you doing my homework for me by sending that search link though, haha. I don't really care about having a manual all that much, I'll just take it whenever available. I'll take a good deal on a used car whenever possible, but I just have this bias that I can't get rid of. I'm a wrenchlet too, so old German cars scare me.

>but I feel like it's also a race against time. How many attainable V8 sedans are going to roll out of factories past like 2025?
            >not infested with the cum and farts of previous owners such as in the used car market
            My friend has this mentality with used cars but if your car couldn't take a beating, it probably wasn't that reliable anyways. I don't think most low mileage and newer cars would be that beaten up unless it was in like a shit hole.
            Anyways don't let FOMO dictate too much over your decision with V8 sedans. Get a car you want that you feel like you didn't have to compromise and if that happens to be a V8 sedan so be it.

>Get a car you want that you feel like you didn't have to compromise and if that happens to be a V8 sedan so be it.
            Good advice, though I just wish it was 10 years ago when no such compromise had to be made.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

next time you go to a car meet count how many lexus owners there are. and if you can find one, see who's driving it. you sound like you've been watching too many cartuber shill channels. those videos are all just paid advertisements.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a car meet
            I have no interest in nigging it up with shitskins in hand me down BWMs while flirting with law enforcement.
            >cartuber shill channels
            You mean the ones that read a spec sheet and always praise krautslop while telling you everything else is le bad because the paper reports a 0-60 of above 3 seconds, all without even spending a minute behind the wheel? Well guess what, you're getting smoked by a soiguzzling wojak in his Tesla regardless.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

move to a white area. as for the second half of your post you sound like you have mental issues so actually maybe just stay where you are.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/qhF3XCF.jpg

They call it's interior outdated. That's a bonus if you ask me.

>A cool car is a cool car, man.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ah, schizo ramblings my favorite

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>but I feel like it's also a race against time. How many attainable V8 sedans are going to roll out of factories past like 2025?
            >not infested with the cum and farts of previous owners such as in the used car market
            My friend has this mentality with used cars but if your car couldn't take a beating, it probably wasn't that reliable anyways. I don't think most low mileage and newer cars would be that beaten up unless it was in like a shit hole.
            Anyways don't let FOMO dictate too much over your decision with V8 sedans. Get a car you want that you feel like you didn't have to compromise and if that happens to be a V8 sedan so be it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's honestly between the Lexus IS 500 (MSRP $70k) and the Camaro 2SS (MSRP $55k).
            get the lexus, better storage and nicer image

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>$70k & yes (I got my first big boy job so I need to waste money).
            Unironically have you considered a used LC500?
            Big fat Toyota V8 but also a stupidly comfy cruiser.
            They can be had for ~$60k at 20k on the odo.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Going from $250k to $300k over three years doesn't make me in the market for a Bugatti kek
            A huge number of my coworkers bought $35k Teslas in their first year (with federal tax credit), while I held on to my shitbox (not that I wanted an EV anyway).
            Some of my coworkers have $100k cars like porsches usually, but they've worked longer than me and are in higher positions.
            Most don't have $50k+ cars, though, because most aren't car enthusiasts. I understand that, but i am. I simply dont care about "depreciating asset" and "just get a corolla"
            Yes the lexus isn't "smarter" than a toyota, but I can pretty much guarantee that I will continue to live comfortably even after the purchase, thats what the point of managing your finances and budget is.
            [...]
            A V8 isn't going to fit underneath the line, I dont understand what the frick you want

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what did he mean by this

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

some idiot thinking he's le epic quirky and funny by trying to force his moronic meme no one pays attention to

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that describes at least half the posters on this board

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek spotted the ugly car driver stancelet ricelet

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stancelet ricelet
            i drive a stock 2000 camry
            and lrn2terminology you fricking moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you are on /o and you don't know what a stancelet ricelet mean. I suggest you got back to redit with your stock 2000 camlet

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Learn to fricking terminology lmao you're a total embarrassment

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

These are a great option if you want sort of a blend between those two types of cars in the OP. LC500s look amazing in person, most people will think it's a supercar, tons of room and a beautiful interior, much higher build quality than german or american sports cars, some are approaching $50k with relatively low miles. Definitely more flashy than a is500 though

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I got my first big boy job so I need to waste money
            Lease something boring and buy an older fun weekend car? Test the waters by occasionally driving the fun car to work and see what your coworkers/boss have to say. I'm sure you're not so autistic that you can't figure out the office politics, so if they approve then just dump money into your fun classic so you can drive it all the time when the lease is up.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Get a Genesis G70 or a Volvo C60 Recharge

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>However, I'm only 23 so I don't really have a need for a sedan at the moment, but I feel like it can be more useful long term.
    Just buy a fun car and get a mid/full size sedan later when you actually need it. You can have performance and comfort in most luxury coupes.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Alfa Romeo Giulia

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can only afford the 4 banger versions.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Id just get a corolla at that point.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sedans are for family men, if you aren't planning on carrying around 3 or 4 passengers with you + cargo, get the coupe, nowadays clutches are becoming lighter and lighter to the point that it's not that much of a hassle driving around with a manuel car anyways. That and I'm pretty sure you can still raise a kid at least for a while on the backseat of something like a Mustang

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

buy a wagon, homosexual

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wait a minute camaros later than 2021 are banned in California if they don't have some copper free brakes option
    What the frick is this shithole state

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sedan thread?
    I need a comfy professional A to B daily. Considering a Q50 since I've done rebuilds on VQ's and VG's before, so in that sense I'm covered to wrench at home, but I'm not sure about the rest of the car, if its worth going out of my comfort zone and getting a similar priced toyota/lexus.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They call it's interior outdated. That's a bonus if you ask me.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

But I heard that there were some turbo issues, but this is old news, not sure if it's been fixed.

>turbo issues
        I'd be looking at the NA version, I have zero interest in turbocharged vehicles. Simply something I can do everything on my own at home, without annoyances. Last turbo car I had was a Z32 and it was incredibly expensive.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Uh I don't think there is an NA Q50? They all use the VR30 engines which are twin turbo V6s.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>VR30
            What? Isn't it the VQ37 out of the 370Z?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No the VQ37 hasnt been used since the G37 in 2013 lol
            Since then the q50/q60 use the Vr30

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the g37 uses the VQ37VHR engine, every model after that one uses boosted VR engines

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Uh I don't think there is an NA Q50?
            Q50's that predate 2016 have the VQ37 instead of VR30

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But I heard that there were some turbo issues, but this is old news, not sure if it's been fixed.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Alfa Giulia

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wouldn't be a v8, and while it would drive better than any of the muscle options, it wouldn't have the NOISE
      can't underestimate the power of "big engine go vroom"

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Comfy sedan

You'll get your license pulled with a sports car

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Used M550 or M850 Gran Coupe. Both are basically packing a slightly less tuned M5 V8.

The M550 in particular is a total sleeper, but will straight up embarrass a lot of sports cars.

Both are also practical and comfortable. They'll even return decent mileage if you drive em nice. I've got around 31-32 MPG in my M550 on long drives, which is not bad for a 500hp+ car.

I haven't priced the recent gen M5s lately, but they might be getting down in the 70s range. Up to you if you want the full ///M car or a bit more under the radar.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I’m surprised no one else said this, but there are two types of v8 cars:
    >comfy cruisers
    These are mom suvs and the Lexus ()500. They are designed to make a nice sound and feel comfortable. If you want a car that can get you from at to b and be fast, get this.

>sports cars
    These are the bmw sedans/coupes that have an m attached to their name, the rs audis, Porsche, and amg (except the turbo 4 amg lol). I guess the American garbage goes here as well. These cars are built for racing, so only get them if you have the racing bug. They will cost more than the first category in both maintenance and insurance. The only reason you would get this category is to seriously race or to regularly go 140+ on the highway.

Aside from the engine, these categories are not very similar. The most reasonable thing to do is to buy some newer shitbox for commuting, and a sports coupe for fun. You have the money for it.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a coupe it's more fun and more streamlined. A bachelor has no need for more than 2 doors.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Counterpoint I bought a 2 door car and my girlfriend shortly thereafter trooned out on me and I haven't gotten a good date since.
      I'm convinced coupes are cursed now.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>OMG YOU DONT KNOW MY gay JARGON YOURE NOT HIP!!!
    jfc these ricers are so delusional and stupid

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

NTA but you really should speak properly

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>newfriend gets called out
    >newfriend immediately projects his shame/embarrassment onto other posters
    many such cases

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You have no fricking clue what [thing]let means you goddamn brainlet lmao

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i'm not calling you a newfriend dummy
    i'm calling the other guy a newfriend

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I figured as much, I just didn't want to give the blatant moron another (You)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

replying to someone but not quoting their post number for the sole purpose of thinking you're not giving them the satisfaction of a '(You)' has to be the weirdest most autistic thing i've seen on DA which is a website for weird autistic people.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is the use case of a Tesla. It's a sedan that can go 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a manual station wagon.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I'm only 23
    buy whatever cheapest beater you can find, preferably something toyota or honda
    think about cool cars when you understand the difference between "having enough money for something" and "being able to afford something"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I already have a beater and i want a new car now

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *