I just got hired here

Got hired at Autozone at an event, I've done all my boarding stuff thru email but I have no start date. How long does it take for them to actually schedule you? Sorry if this is the wrong place I'm just assuming some of you work here and I'm not making a reddit for one stupid question.
Background check hasn't come back but I'm assuming there's not much on it, never did anything and I only worked one other job

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's the point of working if you are only going to be making $15 an hour?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because I'm too moronic for higher education, dont worry about it. its only 12.75 here

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Congrats on getting a job and dubs. Hopefully you don't make this a career. Get into trades.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

thanks! i don't plan on staying here forever, I'm hoping the experience will help me get hired by a trucking company at some point (i'm going to be doing delivery driving here, so by the time I'm old enough for trucking I'll at least have a bit of commercial driving experience)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Exactly bro why doesn't he just get a job that pays $100k a year right out of high school smdh

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i will once i'm driving semi trucks but for now this is what i'm doing
        does anyone have an actual estimate or nah?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I doubt it man. Most people here are either 50-60 y/o boomers or 18-35 y/o yuppies who went to college, got cushy jobs right after graduating and now call everyone else poors.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Actually alot of anons are poorgays/busriders larping as rich people.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oil, natural gas, long haul trucking, ship work, some noncucked trades without seniority, longshoring, and crane work are all paths to quickly get to that much annually. You're a slave if you think that's big money by the way and something you need to work up to.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i'm 5'4, weak, and under 21, most of that is off the table for now. this is the job i have so i'm running with it

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh I'm not actually an American. Also yes that is big money you people have no idea how rich you are - top 5 highest averagte income in the world at $63k per annum and you think that's nothing while the other 90% of the world would give their left arm for that much money.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well i dont think its nothing, these other guys are talking out of their arses

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

US has an effective 40% tax rate if you consider federal + state + local + FICA which is actually more like 50% if you consider sales tax (5 to 9.5%) and property tax and dozens of nickel and dime quasi taxes like annual vehicle registration. Then you're also taxed if you buy an asset and sell it. And you also have benefits that you and your employer pay into which further reduced what you actually earn. Finally, the cost of living anywhere in the US is exorbitant. The cheapest rent is generally $1200 a month in low cost of living areas and average mortgage payment is around $2700. Food is expensive. It costs $20 a pound for ribeye when it used to cost $6.99 on sale a few years ago.

It would be big money somewhere else but in the US it's not. Most foreigners online seem to understand this. It's usually Americans who say " woah woah woah.... we need to put it into perspective.... there's a lot poorer countries so you should actually be grateful for the banks, landlords, and employers to rip you off because the rest of the world has it worse.... you're actually privileged and in the top 1 percent globally so shut your mouth"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's like folks from southern California or Massachusetts talking income with folks from Mississippi and Oklahoma. $120k/yr will buy a house and support a family of 4 in MS or OK, but $60k/yr isn't enough for one person to afford a studio apartment in socal or MA. The cost of living doubles if I drive one hour north of where I am, or goes down by almost half if I drive an hour south of here. Can be hard to communicate between these gaps. "Minimum wage is $19/hr there!" Yeah, because an apartment "there" starts around $2k/mo, gas is $5/gal, and a weeks worth of groceries runs $300 per person. Those folks live an hour from people dealing with a $9/hr minimum wage, $1k/mo apartments, $4/gal gas, and $150/wk in groceries, and think the folks making $19/hr are "rich" by comparison, when in reality they're all living in similarly sized places, eating similar food, driving similar cars, and dealing with the same issues.

some tips to get promoted at autozone:

>show up on time and in uniform ready to work
            >1 customer at a time and don't get distracted by other customers, even if you're the only worker in the store and there's 30+ people in line
            >don't ever agree to tool rentals without first taking the deposit no matter what they promise or if they leave credit cards/drivers licenses
            >don't EVER do forced return overrides
            >phone number for all sales/returns mandatory
            >push merch credit instead of cash returns, the company's KPIs doesn't consider mech credit a loss at a store level so the SM will keep his bonus
            >don't make political comments
            >clean the oil tank and toilets
            >don't smoke inside, don't smoke in the delivery truck, don't drink and drive, don't use the delivery truck for uber, don't use it for grubhub, etc
            >don't invite your friends over and frick in the bathrooms
            >take out the trash

AZ policy in my district has all red shirts with good attendance get mgr training at 4 months and grey shirts at 6. Mgmt pay starts at $19.50 whereas all our local McDonalds now start at $21.10 per state law while caregivers, non-licensed med techs, ambulance drivers, physical therapist assistants and nurse assistants start at $25.10. AZ will underpay you and tell you you're scum for asking for more. Most go to O'Rileys after 18 months as OR will at least give them commission. Advance does commission too but mgmt only. Most guys wind up at car shops.

When they finally raised minimum wage here from $8/hr to $12/hr, the AutoZones just cut their staff down to the bare minimum, so now they're all understaffed and disgusting places with merch strewn on the floor. I like the self-checkout though, and I like that they've stopped caring so I can just walk into the back and find my own parts while the one-or-two employees are busy smoking meth out back.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>top 5 highest income
            Everything in this country is priced for that income. 40 grand a year in the US is barely scraping by. A household income of 75-80k needs welfare to afford 2 kids and still have a house mortgage WITH savings. this is why marriage rates are officially "down" people will game the welfare system by listing the man as somewhere else and the woman as head of household with only 35k income.

Stop looking at the raw dollar. In india they price the video games 1/4th what we pay in the US. In Sri Lanka a whole chicken is like $2 compared to paying $10 in the USA.

The US is a "3rd world country" that just doesn't know it yet.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

lmao
          >Triple the US median income isn't big money
          Nice larp, buddy. Here's your (you)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lmao where I live if you're making $15 an hour, you're doing pretty well for yourself. I make $14 and I'm struggling; lots of people I know are making it work somehow on even less than that. this is a flyover shithole, so your mileage may vary, but it's pretty hard to get out of here and seek better opportunities when the best you can do fresh out of high school is basically sweatshop labor at subsistence wages

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>vato zone

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

guys please i dont want to make a fricking reddit

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lol come back in 24h

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

better not be an archived thread by then but aight

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how long until OP loses his mind from dealing with angry morons and not being able to speak spanish?

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you just show up to the store and ask when they need you. The SM doesn't care, he just needs coverage, when in doubt just be there at 2pm so he can go home and you can close.

I did 5 years there, 3 as an ASM. The only thing I got from it was constant ass kickings.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

some tips to get promoted at autozone:

>show up on time and in uniform ready to work
    >1 customer at a time and don't get distracted by other customers, even if you're the only worker in the store and there's 30+ people in line
    >don't ever agree to tool rentals without first taking the deposit no matter what they promise or if they leave credit cards/drivers licenses
    >don't EVER do forced return overrides
    >phone number for all sales/returns mandatory
    >push merch credit instead of cash returns, the company's KPIs doesn't consider mech credit a loss at a store level so the SM will keep his bonus
    >don't make political comments
    >clean the oil tank and toilets
    >don't smoke inside, don't smoke in the delivery truck, don't drink and drive, don't use the delivery truck for uber, don't use it for grubhub, etc
    >take out the trash

AZ policy in my district has all red shirts with good attendance get mgr training at 4 months and grey shirts at 6. Mgmt pay starts at $19.50 whereas all our local McDonalds now start at $21.10 per state law while caregivers, non-licensed med techs, ambulance drivers, physical therapist assistants and nurse assistants start at $25.10. AZ will underpay you and tell you you're scum for asking for more. Most go to O'Rileys after 18 months as OR will at least give them commission. Advance does commission too but mgmt only. Most guys wind up at car shops.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

note: most FT redshirts quit after 30 days and most PT redshirts don't get promoted due to bad behaviors/lack of coverage. If you take shitty shifts they'll promote you faster so you can take worse shifts. Overnights are awful but I enjoyed them as they didn't have customer interactions and I'd just spend half of it drinking.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

by "bad behaviors" I mean smoking weed in the parking lot in front of customers, doing unlicensed car repairs on company time for money, or disabling the fire alarm so they can smoke weed inside

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

fricking based

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's been disabled for at least 7 years now and the county just sends them a bill along with the haz waste bill for the battery stack the driver can't fit into his trailer because it's been double brokered

autozone logistics is an entire other mess that I won't get into, it made me understand how fricked trucking is unless you buy a dedicated lane

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you just show up to the store and ask when they need you. The SM doesn't care, he just needs coverage, when in doubt just be there at 2pm so he can go home and you can close.

I did 5 years there, 3 as an ASM. The only thing I got from it was constant ass kickings.

thank you two and everyone else for the tips, this stuff is actually gonna be really helpful. I'm not a junkie so that should already give me a leg up, I'll stop by the store when I can and ask about when they want me on the floor, I already bought most of my uniform.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that a thing?

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Auto parts stores sound like hell in this industry what with how moronic everyone is now.

I have my own parts department to myself. Love it.

>t Mazda dealer parts

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Check your spam folder.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *