physics experiment

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous
        • 1 month ago
          Anonymous

lel

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I keep thinking this is just beating a dead horse at this point, but then I see shit like this and chuckle

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

this is why im in favour of these threads never going away. diamonds in the rough etc. etc.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

A gem like shed-posting on DA or the bore evacuator threads on /k/

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>shed-posting
            is this it? looked it up and this was what i found. had a good kek

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous
        • 1 month ago
          TooZ

I hate these threads but that was worth a (You) anna RightClickSaveAs.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>aims driver side away from impact so most energy is on the passenger side, the guy he barely knows
          its the subtle details, after all he even traded several marriages for this car he was going to ultimately total... HOLD ON!!!!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That was something they used to point out alot on Canada's Worst Driver. Whenever they did the arch challenge (driving through multiple arches at speed), the bad drivers if they hit would often hit on the passenger side. Even if the arch they were going to was on their side.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Further proof most people aren't qualified to pilot anything beyond a 49cc scooter.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Loved this show, only one that gave a damn educating people on how to drive. Shit you now I learned how to reverse a trailer because of it

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>reversing a trailer
            >not just yelling HOLD ON while you plow it into the back of a minivan at full speed
            ngmi

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's just common sense / instinct. Why would I willingly take the brunt of the force as a driver if my passenger is someone I don't care about?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I love you

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

and they say conservitaves can't make art

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

RTX ON

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

utterly KEYED

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

1000 horsepower. Seatbelts optional. Brakes are for pussies.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

retirement boomermobile

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

humiliation ritual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Showing off

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Baby Boomer hot rod fantasy build. You can tell he has no idea what the frick he was doing because he just made a car that has too much power with no way to control it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
  2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

After making the Apocalypse Now joke last thread I'm out of jokes for this thread.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

newbie here. Story on this?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
      • 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Why didnt he keep downshifting?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's an autotragic

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This is Russ, as I sat in the hospital for a couple days, I replayed everything in my head hundreds of times, things that I should have noticed as a warning, and what I could have done differently.

I’ve seen lots of comments so I’ll address a few of them, not being defensive at all.

In a normal car throttle sticking at 2200 RPM’s is not the end of the world, in my car that’s 900 ft/lbs of torque. I should have realized the load that was putting on the brakes. Didn’t cross my mind at the time. FYI: It had double springs on the throttle.

In a normal car, I could have pulled emergency brake, I even got a quote at Good Guy’s Del Mar for an electronic e-brake & bigger brakes. Hindsight’s 20-20, I was just gonna trailer it to a few shows & not drive it much till I could do that.

Why didn’t I downshift? Car had a B&M ratchet shifter, once I shifted up thru the gears you can’t downshift till you put it in park. So much going on in those last few seconds, forgot to downshift it after putting it in park, but it was probably too late to have had a big reduction in speed.

As far as I know, driver of van was not seriously injured. Beauty of a modern car with crumple zones, self tightening seat belts & air bags.

Car had liability coverage but no collision, I was still in the process of getting stated value insurance

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>stock shitbox brakes From 15 years ago pull up a 5k 120mph+ falcon fine in a 55c day
    >These dipshits can't get a road rocket with 250k dumped in it cant stop maybe going 70mph
    I will never not laugh my ass off at this

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

When you boil all the fluid away that's what happens.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Spontaneous pneumatic brake conversion

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LOL @ that wheel grip

6. 1 month ago
    Russ Stover

This is Russ, as I sat in the hospital for a couple days, I replayed everything in my head hundreds of times, things that I should have noticed as a warning, and what I could have done differently.

I’ve seen lots of comments so I’ll address a few of them, not being defensive at all.

In a normal car throttle sticking at 2200 RPM’s is not the end of the world, in my car that’s 900 ft/lbs of torque. I should have realized the load that was putting on the brakes. Didn’t cross my mind at the time. FYI: It had double springs on the throttle.

In a normal car, I could have pulled emergency brake, I even got a quote at Good Guy’s Del Mar for an electronic e-brake & bigger brakes. Hindsight’s 20-20, I was just gonna trailer it to a few shows & not drive it much till I could do that.

Why didn’t I downshift? Car had a B&M ratchet shifter, once I shifted up thru the gears you can’t downshift till you put it in park. So much going on in those last few seconds, forgot to downshift it after putting it in park, but it was probably too late to have had a big reduction in speed.

As far as I know, driver of van was not seriously injured. Beauty of a modern car with crumple zones, self tightening seat belts & air bags.

Car had liability coverage but no collision, I was still in the process of getting stated value insurance

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Car had liability coverage but no collision, I was still in the process of getting stated value insurance
      Oof.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

ok i'll bite, why didn't you turn the car off?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>i'm putting over 6 times as much power in my car as it originally had
      >not upgrading brakes?
      >nah man, hindsight is 20/20
      moronation seems to be 100/100

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is this an actual quote?
      If it is boomer hubris is something else how could someone possibly be dumb enough to drive this around in traffic.
      E brakes are there for a reason lmao

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

He's just pasting the pinned comment on the video. So yeah it's a quote from him.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>E brakes
        It's a parking brake you golem

• 1 month ago
      p

>Car had liability coverage but no collision
      As expected

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I still call bullshit on the secondary throttle spring.
      EVERY race sanctioning body requires them and since those mandates, incidents with over-revving throttles have become so rare that they're not even cataloged anymore.
      He's either trying to save face in the hotrod community or attempting to avoid a negligence lawsuit from the SUV driver.
      His "it doesn't have a parking brake because it interferes with the look of the interior" mindset is proof enough.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is getting old and in all honesty mods should start permabanning anyone posting this.

Alright he spend hundreds of thousands and forgot to spend a dime on brakes, get over it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>he held on

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

no, it's still funny. it will probably still be funny in 10 years

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

holy shit have a nice day, these are the best threads on DA hands down

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

He could have 10,000 dollar VAGborghini brakes and they still would have boiled over BECAUSE HE DROVE AROUND WITH THE BRAKES CONSTANTLY APPLIED

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I say this every thread but the "OMG those Brembo brakes are trash" posers won't come back to read your post.
        It would have stopped with the original 4 wheel drum and single jelly jar master cylinder system IF he wouldn't have been riding them for 2 hours because of a stuck throttle.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

goddamn i love these threads

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i still dont know where this is from

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oO226PgSkg

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I just had the rotors turned
    He never said that.
    You can see the railroad tracks in them.

He did say it was one of the first mods some 15+ years ago and he's been meaning to get around to replacing them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>He never said that.

?si=GvVu4kMitTqu5QIy&t=265

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I didn't hear him say that the first time I watched it, audio mixing is shit.
        >just turned the rotors.
        Bullshit.
        Those haven't been touched since he installed them 17 years ago.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

what do you mean? they turn every time the wheel rotates

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

pic always makes me laugh.
          those are the same Wilwood Superlites ppl put on Miata fronts.
          they use a HB100 pad.
          I run hb100 Race pads on the rear of my race car.
          the rear, not the front kek.
          he probably had those street bp10 Wilwood pads on it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

what wilwood pads would you use for a street + circuit car? i see that some of their compounds like bp40 say not for street use but their friction coefficient is higher than say bp20 at 150F

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wilwood pads are trash.
            Atleast the new Cali Eco friendly ones are.
            The legacy pads are good.
            The H-Pad is an excellent Track pad for example.
            Raybestos pads are also excellent.
            The ST43 is a good track pad as well.
            anyways.
            The issue with track versus street pads, is track pads typically don't function very well when they're cold they produce a lot of noise and a lot of dust.

my recommendations.
            street driving+ some autocross: Hawk HPS 5.0
            light to medium track use: ST43 pads.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

yeah i know, but there's street + track pads out there and while they might not be as good as dedicated track pads it's better than nothing. i'm running dixcel z pads on my car at the moment and so far i've yet to encounter brake fade with them, they're pretty damn great. but they mostly make pads for jap cars because they're a jap company. was wondering looking at the wilwood stuff because i am quite seriously looking at buying an old burger barge and enjoying it as both a croozemobile and a hoonmobile, thus i've been looking at disc brake conversions and the wilwoods conveniently seem to have some street + track rated stuff when it comes to pads. I'm hoping that there's HPS pads that fit into the wilwood calipers if the wilwood pads are really that bad, otherwise i'll just settle for the wilwood poly B/H compounds

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Companies like Wilwood, rabestos, hawk performance, exe; they all sell racing and street pads for pretty much any brake caliper available.
            doesn't have to be a Wilwood caliper, they still sell pads for even the OEM stuff.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>they still sell pads for even the OEM stuff
            yeah but keep in mind im looking at a front disc brake conversion kit for a late 60s car that had drums. leeds and some other companies offer kits as well but wilwood was the only one i found that also sold grippier pad compounds that would definitely fit right in. for whatever reason leeds seems to be harder to find info on which pads fit what calipers, what size the pads are etc. wilwood just tells you all that right from the start, so i at least have a better idea of what parts support i have.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Nani
    >Burēki no koshō?!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this pic is so moronic that it's perfect. i love ai

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>been through two marriages
    >throws together a shiny piece of shit
    >still wrecks his car
    >blames babby brakes even though he was barely cruising
    >liability only

The women were right.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Boomers like him just can't lose I swear.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

that's just the quintessential Boomer.
      imagin millions of boomers acting like that across alll areas of life.
      there's a reason Boomers ruined basically everything.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

BEEN THROUGH TWO MARRIAGES TOO MANY.......... IF HE HADNT BEEN MARRIED HE WOULDA FINISHED THE CAR 15 YEARS AGO WHEN THE BRAKES WERE STILL NEW........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If only he had both his wives in the car with him at the time

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

YOU SAID IT.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i've seen this a million times but I still don't know what tapatalk is

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

it's an app you can install on your phone that lets you use boomer forums like they're a social media app

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>HE HADNT BEEN MARRIED HE WOULDA FINISHED THE CAR 15 YEARS AGO WHEN THE BRAKES WERE STILL NEW........
        Holy shit this made me laugh, lamao

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *