>8.3 NA V16, the KING of all engine coonfigurations in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT
they just surpassed everyone's wildest dreams
i was hoping for an INLINE 8 but this... is even better

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

shame they are bowing out of speed record runs. that was the whole marketing hype behind these cars. their engines don't really mean anything if their performance is never put to the test.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It was their only claim to fame other than be wildly expensive. It's why VAG had to divest in the brand. It was just so incredibly pointless and wasn't really attracting customers that could afford it. It's part of the reason why they had to make so many "editions" just to stay relevant to the public. Meanwhile old supercars from the '80s and '90s are changing hands for the price of a new Bugatti or more. They also didn't have any other offerings besides the Chiron which was really just a warmed-over Veyron.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the same reason mclaren and koenigeggs bowed out, tire technology just can't handle it. speedtail is electronically limited, jesko is geared low, both can probably break records but investing into pirellis that can handle 100500 km/h and suck at everything else is not feasible when off the shelf compounds and constructuions will handle 100% of what customers will ask for better.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>shame they are bowing out of speed record runs. that was the whole marketing hype behind these cars. their engines don't really mean anything if their performance is never put to the test.

Cope, you just really don't get it. Speed doesn't matter anymore. EVs have made speed pointless. The fastest production car in history is a 100k Tesla Model S Plaid. It can go 0-60 in less than 2 seconds. Rumor has it the next gen Tesla Roadster might be able to do 0-60 in less than 1 second.

Electric motors will always be better at delivering rapid speed than internal combustion engines. Speed isn't the point anymore. But what Bugatti has with this V16 is a soul. That engine will scream and roar to life, and when you put the pedal down, the power delivery will be so smooth and effortless.

If they were smart they would work on licensing this to other automakers. Maybe Cadillac could finally turn the Cadillac Sixteen Concept into a reality

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>The fastest production car in history is a 100k Tesla Model S Plaid.
        wrong

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Why It Will Work For Bugatti
    >First, it caters exclusively to billionaires. A few years ago, Bugatti shared the profile of its average customer. They already own 84 cars, three planes, a yacht, and at least five politicians (We may have added that last one, but it's a joke). Basically, they cater to the kind of people who wouldn't bat an eyelid if the Chiron successor cost $10 million. Compared to their net worth, $10 million is a drop in the bucket.
    jesus

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>We may have added that last one, but it's a joke
      i feel like the guy typing this had to do so with a gun pointed at his or his family's head, literally and figuratively

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That's why I don't get the reason people get excited by those things. 99.9% of us can't afford it and we'll be lucky to see one in person. They could've put a 1 liter 4 banger in those things and wouldn't change a thing.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

There's trickle down from billionaire cars.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Can't wait for my V16 family car in 5yr time.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>8.3 liters NA
    Weak. America did it better.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Burger product
      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Faster than euroshit 3x as expensive

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

unless your speedo reaches 500, lower your tone when talking to me

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Kmh
            My car gets 963 israelite foreskins per minute

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It was so fricking good at racing in Euro it was mostly banned. I hate Chrysler myself but it's faster than everything made, and the Bugatti couldn't even do Spa without burning the wheels or brakes off.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>FCA
        >American
        Anon i...

So is it american or not? Frick Euros are so moronic I can see why all of my grandparents left.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>FCA
      >American
      Anon i...

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

who cares. I'll never see a track. Hell it'll never see a road, its doubtful its even functional, like the North Korea claims of rocketships.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

only few people remember w16 was bought from bentley since bugatti engineers couldnt solve the heat transfer problems.

https://www.below-the-radar.com/bentley-hunaudieres/
    this car was below 3100lbs btw.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Bentley and Bugatti were both owned by VW at the time.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nobody cares. They were all owned by VW. VW employees built the engine. That's all that really matters. Whichever brand they were under was irrelevant and ephemeral.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anon you are a busrider, aren't you?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

People like you never knew the W motors were just VR6s stuck together.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>V16
    It only took VAGgays 30+ years to realize their W and VR engines were a failure and a meme.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

VW sold Bugatti to Rimac (the EV hypercar memelords)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Bugatti was not sold to Rimac. They merged to form a new company. Porsche AG (majority owned by VW) still holds a 45% stake in Bugatti-Rimac as well as 24% in Rimac themselves. In effect, VAG is divested from running Bugatti themselves.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Does that mean Porsche is helping engineer this thing?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Probably. When it comes to design and engineering for a large corporation, it's not that unlikely that you get moved to work on other projects within the corporate umbrella. It really depends on how open that corporation is with fraternizing with sister entities. VAG, like most large automanfacturers, has a long history of doing that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Kek it's just gonna be two of pic related slapped back to back, the displacement matches up perfectly

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yawn it's been done before.

• 1 month ago
      S/ó/viet

Not production

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

CHEVROLETS ARE FRICKING GAY

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>for the devel sixteen
      jej

8. 1 month ago
    p

Will it outperform an average American family sedan this time?
    Pic related

• 1 month ago
      Greased Geese

shut the frick up homo

• 1 month ago
        p

That monstrosity is an embarrassment

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Ahahaha stfu GAPED LOOSE newbie lol

• 1 month ago
          Greased Geese

https://i.imgur.com/4y19MRQ.jpg

That monstrosity is an embarrassment

https://i.imgur.com/jBN6cb1.jpg

Will it outperform an average American family sedan this time?
          Pic related

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

where's the engine

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

straight 16 when

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

v12s are better

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

why do americans always say that europeans only build tiny-engined cars when all the biggest engines by cylinder count are european?
    and then they start moving the goalposts saying most people can't own those cars
    why are they so angry all the time?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>not obese
        >not sharting
        not real amerigolem

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>the biggest engines by cylinder count are european
      lol what kind of cope metric is that? Why do American engines get shit on for their shit HP/L when American V8's make more power with half the turbos and half the cylinders?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

This, where's yurop's 2100hp NA engine?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You don't even need to go that extreme. I can walk into a GM dealership and walk out with a 10 liter crate engine that makes over 1000hp NA on pump gas, with a warranty.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

And it'll only set you back about the price of a Golf rather than the price of a house.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Probably in an aircraft from the forties.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Thanks to Ford

>In his book Not Much Of An Engineer, Rolls Royce supercharger designer Stanley Hooker states that Ford UK looked at the Merlin engine drawings and said “we can’t build an engine to those tolerances.” Hooker said loftily (his words) “I suppose the tolerances are too tight for you?” ” No, they are much too loose – we use much tighter tolerances for car engines so all the parts are truly interchangeable without any hand adjustment needed.”
            >Ford re-drew the blue-prints for the Merlin, making it more suitable for mass production, and by 1944, over 400 engines a week were flowing out of the plants.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's a hint at 10, 12 , 16, etc. I don't follow that unless you count the number of different engines you can get with more than 8.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>all the biggest engines by cylinder count are european?

Let me know when yuropoors have reached >1L/cyl, kid.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

detroit diesel made 2 stroke v16 diesels. they sound pretty fricking awesome

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

wait nvm that was actually a v8. this is a v16

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

This one has a V24 Detroit. It's a working truck too.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

why all the big detroit engined trucks are cab overs?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *