I know I'm a pussy but are there any budget convertibles that won't kill me if a truck hits me?

I know I'm a pussy but are there any budget convertibles that won't kill me if a truck hits me? I like Miata but it's just too tiny

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

no balls
    but seriously pretty much all sports cars would be an instagib from that, I've seen one of those basically go right through a small suv killing all occupants.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lol STFU newbie

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

>snatches wheel left and right
      ROLL OVER PLEASE
      >ROLL OVER PLEASE
      ROLL OVER PLEASE
      >I WANT TO FRICKING LEAVE THIS WORLD NOW
      PLEASE ROLL OVER
      >snatching wheel violently back and forth
      GET PREGNANT GET PREGNANT

• 2 months ago
        p

no balls
        but seriously pretty much all sports cars would be an instagib from that, I've seen one of those basically go right through a small suv killing all occupants.

LMAO Ever notice how the only reply you get is people telling you to stop trying so hard to fit in, milhouse?
        Every time you post you sound desperate for our approval and its cringe af.
        Just lurkmore, and acknowledge that you will never fit in here, newbie.
        Also stop ban evading, Gaped Loose

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So in love.
          So cute.
          DA love stories are very heartwarming!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Makes me want to die just looking at it.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>budget
    Not really. Something like a '90s and on Mercedes SL will have things like automatically extending rollbars and but almost no car will save you from getting t-boned. Top hydraulics aside the drivetrains would be dependable.
    "won't kill me if a truck hits me" is very debatable but what it sounds like you really want is an old, full-sized convertible that's body on frame. You won't have any pretense of "sport" but if you're after a convertible and not a sports car it'd fit the bill.
    To throw yet another bone, I've seen things like Murano Crosscabriolets start getting real cheap. Just watch out for that Jatco CVT. If not any of those, just get a used Wrangler of some sort.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

sports cars arent as unsafe as people think, with crash test requirements theyre typically as safe as other cars of the same age. so in a 1990 miata youre about as safe as in a 1990 corolla. not very
    NBs are an exception to this since theyre basically the same as an NA so you get 1990 tier crash test safety in a 2002.
    most early 2000s sports cars dont have side impact airbags but youll be ok if you get hit in the front or back

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

> Wants to not be killed.
    Wow u gay bro

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Look at a Mustang. The convertible option makes it not quite as budget anymore, but it's a bigger car.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

bmw z4 or an audi tt

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

PT Cruiser convertible.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

convertibles are for gays that deserve to die. you're getting launched out of the car regardless

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I want to see the stars 🙁

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tiny but mighty.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. The low weight still means you'll eat it harder than a modern trugg, but a new Miata is safer than 99% of old (pre-2000) cars. I've seen crash photos of NDs getting pancaked between semis and keeping the wienerpit fully intact, the structure around you is far stronger than you'd expect, and unlike the old ones the A pillars are fairly structural - rolls aren't a guaranteed death sentence. Don't get me wrong, you'll feel the full force of being in a tiny car punted by a larger car (seat belt bruises etc.), but you probably won't get crushed and you'll have a full bubble of airbags around you.

It was a bit odd, when I bought mine the same people IRL who pitched shit from the 90s/early 2000s told me my Miata was a death trap. I'd rather be in it than an old boxster without a second thought.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. The low weight still means you'll eat it harder than a modern trugg, but a new Miata is safer than 99% of old (pre-2000) cars. I've seen crash photos of NDs getting pancaked between semis and keeping the wienerpit fully intact, the structure around you is far stronger than you'd expect, and unlike the old ones the A pillars are fairly structural - rolls aren't a guaranteed death sentence. Don't get me wrong, you'll feel the full force of being in a tiny car punted by a larger car (seat belt bruises etc.), but you probably won't get crushed and you'll have a full bubble of airbags around you.

It was a bit odd, when I bought mine the same people IRL who pitched shit from the 90s/early 2000s told me my Miata was a death trap. I'd rather be in it than an old boxster without a second thought.

ND is surprisingly endurant, it has 4 star crash test rating, which is better than BMW Z4 which much bigger and 500kg heavier convertible.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

FEED ME TRUCKOLDS

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no
    there are no budget, no convertibles, no cars that can survive a collision with a truck
    in fact, most of the time trucks don't survive collisions with each other- they are not designed to, they are designed to crash into cars
    personal trucks are murder machines and the only reason americans think they are acceptable is because they are also allowed to own literal murder machines aka guns that don't even serve a practical everyday purpose unlike trucks that at least function as transportation

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm in a truck and I'm probably dead if a trick hits me

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Youbian Puma

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My NA got totaled 5 years ago. I got rear-ended when stopped by a chick in a full-size newer SUV going over 40. I didn't get a single bruise or ache, yet she tried suing my insurance for medical lol.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that shit is basically a semi
    it's so stupid they should force truggers to take a different license test because there are too many idiots with them

17. 2 months ago
    god

miata is safe if you pay attention. what are you expecting? you think you will get tboned by a ford f150 running a red light?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No, a nigsan altima doing 65 in a 30 running their red light

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

get a g6. hp anywhere from 185 to 280 depending on engine. and they come with a 5 or 6 speed manual if you look hard enough. I see a bunch of these for sale for like 2-4k

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *