I know it's a rich people problems thing, but man I just cannot frick with this car.

I know it's a rich people problems thing, but man I just cannot frick with this car. Visually it's a downgrade from the DB11 in every way. Also I hate the name; why not DB13? Is Aston afraid of a little bad luck? And no V12. Awful.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>~~*stroll))

Selling Britain by the pound

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Canada is British snow

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Indian*

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

India is also British

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a turbocharged V8 making almost 700 horsepower in a luxury GT.
    what else do you want mang?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Turbo v8 replacing v12s for rich homies is like turbo v6s replacing v8s for us regular people

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

NTA but they're still making the (turbo) V12 for the upcoming Vanquish.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

they called it the DB12, they shoulda given it the V12
          missed opportunity quite frankly

• 1 week ago
            sage

On that basis I'd love to see the V7 that was in the DB7. Or was it an i7, a bit like the Volvo engine but on steroids?

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Look man what's not to get?
            The DB2 had a vee-twin
            The DB Mark III had a Kei-car 600cc lawnmower engine
            The DB4 had an inline four from a Ford Consul
            The DB5 had a proto Mercedes five cylinder Diesel Engine
            The DB6 had an inline six (duh)
            The DB7, 9 and 11 had giant inline engines like a pre-war Buick

You can totally see why anon is so upset about the DB12, it totally disregards this scheme.

• 1 week ago
            sage

Yeah, I'm sorry. It's so easy to understand the nomenclature when you list it out like that

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's really nice. You just suck wieners, OP. That's your problem. Insatiable wienerlust

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Visually it's a downgrade from the DB11
    Everything since the DB9

• 1 week ago
      sage

Everything since the Vantage
      >but I am biased

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

baby db9

• 1 week ago
          sage

>baby db9
          But slightly better proportions, imho. Shorter overhangs; not so "extended" looking

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Visually it's a downgrade from the DB11 in every way.
    Hard disagree. This is a much cleaner design, the DB11 looks like a Nissan Maxima doing a fat girl angle shot
    >Name
    Eh
    >V8
    Not even it's final form

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah because that for sure is the only reason stopping you from purchasing one

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>And no V12. Awful.

Really? I love how these cars look, but now V12?! What's the point of a car like this if it doesn't have a V12? V12 is the rich man's engine. It's expensive for almost no gain other than unparalleled smoothness and the potential for the most musical of sounds. Replacing it with a V8 because it makes more power with less weight is like putting a quartz timex movement in your handmade swiss automatic timepiece's case because it'll keep time better. Missing the point. I've always considered any exotic with less than 10 cylinders to just be tryhard. So your 296 Ferrari is fast. Who cares? Fast is so passe. Cletus can put a turbo truck engine in his truck and outpace you on the drag strip. Sven can put a 10k into mods for his M3 and obliterate your terrified ass on the track. Quit trying so hard to be fast, and do something interesting. Make some beautiful noises and have an impractical, expensive engine that only you as a rich man can have. Pagani got it right with the Zonda, and on the other side of the spectrum there's twin turbo V8 and V6 supercars.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Also I hate the name; why not DB13?
    DB13 is an awful name, way too long. I get why they skipped DB8 (deviate) but don't get why they skipped DB10 (to save face maybe?).
    It'd be smart to skip all the teens and go straight to DB20.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The entire point is that the DB line has always been odd-numbered. The OG was the DB1. Then we had the DB3, the DB5, the DB7, the DB9, and the DB11.

The next model up should have been the DB13, but Aston fricked it all up and I have no idea why.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

damn whyteboy rockin dem swangas

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's blatantly wrong,

The first production DB was the DB2 in 1950, followed by the DB2/4 in 1953, then the DB Mark III in 1957, the DB4 in 1958, the DB5 in 1963, the DB6 in 1965, the DBS in 1967 (entirely new car), DB7 in 1994 (basically an XJS), the DB9 in 2004, the DB11 in 2016, and finally the DB12 in 2023.
        The 2 Liter Sports car from 1948 is has been retroactively called the DB1, but was not officially named this way.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>is that the DB line has always been odd-numbered
        Apart from the 2, 2/4, 4, and 6?
        Also there quite famously is no "DB1". Just an awful post all around.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

That's blatantly wrong,

The first production DB was the DB2 in 1950, followed by the DB2/4 in 1953, then the DB Mark III in 1957, the DB4 in 1958, the DB5 in 1963, the DB6 in 1965, the DBS in 1967 (entirely new car), DB7 in 1994 (basically an XJS), the DB9 in 2004, the DB11 in 2016, and finally the DB12 in 2023.
        The 2 Liter Sports car from 1948 is has been retroactively called the DB1, but was not officially named this way.

The only one they skipped was the DB8 because they didn't want people thinking it came with something as pedestrian as a V8 engine (lol)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Db10 was a concept/one-off. It was in a bond film

• 1 week ago
      sage

>but don't get why they skipped DB10 (to save face maybe?).
      They effectively sold the rights to that design to the film company

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I just cannot frick with
    ayo homie you zesty af tha whip fire

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't Aston Martins hold their value? Even pieces of shit like a Ferrari California can pull decent money on resale.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *