>I know, let's make a 2 liter engine like everyone else, but it will take up twice as much space and be 100 pounds heavier

>I know, let's make a 2 liter engine like everyone else, but it will take up twice as much space and be 100 pounds heavier

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Subaru is doing 4D chess with oil consumption, you wouldn't understand

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have been to the 5D. Urabus ain't doing shit.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

surely it's very fuel efficient

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Typically,no
      It’s built for performance

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>lower center of gravity

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>doesn't matter when you're pigfat and make virtually no power without being warranty-breaking built for thousands with aftermarket parts and tunes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

just mount the engine lower moron

what fine engineering, no compromises for the best performance even if it makes maintenance a pain
        theyre gonna use double wishbone suspension too right?

>engine wide as frick
        >now have to settle for McDonald's struts

>low COG
        >entire engine hangs over the front axle making you the mayor of understeer city

Has this even been proven to be effective? Because the laptimes and all the WRX/STI's wrapped around trees beg to differ.

hey neat all the experts came out. you should all reach out to the teams of engineers at subaru specializing in rally racing for over half a century now and tell them theyre homosexuals.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They are homosexuals, why can't they make their shit not moronic

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

they stopped building rally cars in 2008

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

subaru doesn't rally anymore, how is this even relevant?

https://www.subaru.com/motorsports.html

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>rallyx
            lol
            lmao even
            They exited the only rally that fricking matters in 2009 and haven't been back since. Subaru America != Subaru (Fuji Heavy), you know, the one with the engineers that make fricking race cars? moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>that fricking matters
            so tweak the facts until it fits your narrative.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

holy shit moron - subaru USA isn't engineering ANYTHING to make subaru competitive, that's the job of FUJI HEAVY engineers to do, like GR is doing with the GR Yaris, you pea-brained mongoloid. That was literally the original claim of

[...]
            [...]
            [...]
            [...]
            hey neat all the experts came out. you should all reach out to the teams of engineers at subaru specializing in rally racing for over half a century now and tell them theyre homosexuals.

, talking about "subaru engineers this" and "subaru engineers that".

They aren't engineering ANYTHING rally related.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

rally is gay and rally fans are gay

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

As a rally fan, I'm going to rape you

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

subaru doesn't rally anymore, how is this even relevant?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

just mount the engine lower moron

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

pure sex

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What? you want to put all of your luggage in the rain while you grab the spare from under the trunk floor? You want to lay in the mud and try to lower it from the bottom? That's a good place for a spare. Out of the way and it's usually warm when you need it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A full sized spare is pretty based, as is most things on this piece of automotive engineering. However, the temp cycles and oil killed the seldom used spare.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what fine engineering, no compromises for the best performance even if it makes maintenance a pain
      theyre gonna use double wishbone suspension too right?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>engine wide as frick
      >now have to settle for McDonald's struts

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>low COG
      >entire engine hangs over the front axle making you the mayor of understeer city

Has this even been proven to be effective? Because the laptimes and all the WRX/STI's wrapped around trees beg to differ.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Literal fricking who leaderboard
          Let me guess some homosexual soiboi cartuber advertiser

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you asked for laptimes idiot

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Laptimes from a relevant track.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

VIR has an absurdly long straight

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So does the memering and most tracks around the world. That's not an excuse. If your sports car can't out-accelerate a bunch of pigfat soccer mom SUV's you need to hire some new engineers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Inb4 NONONONO THAT DOESNT COUNT. YOU CANT CHERRY PICK A TRACK WITH A STRAIGHTAWAY REEEEE

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

it's MOSTLY a straight

So does the memering and most tracks around the world. That's not an excuse. If your sports car can't out-accelerate a bunch of pigfat soccer mom SUV's you need to hire some new engineers.

nobody cares about the nothingburgering

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

ZL1 LE is that good?

• 2 months ago
          S/ò/viet

>M2 and M5 above ZL1 1LE

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Has this even been proven to be effective?

watch from 21:34 to see how the boxer awd layout compares to others.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I will never get over the lack of a 2.5L skyactiv powered sporty coupe with Miata suspension bits and a 2+2 configuration on a longer wheelbase. It would hit the same performance specs as the gr86 with far better efficiency and reliability.

I love my Miata but they're not the best on the highway with the tiny wheelbase and convertible proportions mean surprisingly bad aerodynamics. Plus the aesthetics of such a short car are compromised, a Miata is never going to look that good with its chibi profile.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

*ND2ified, not the current 2.5 as is

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

because mazda refuse to let the dream of another rotary powered rx-# die

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i get 26mpg in my brz

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I trend 36 in the summer, 33 in the winter (winter tires and wheels suck), and hit the rev limit at least once a commute in my Miata

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

congrats you have an economy car. my car is tuned for performance

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post results

Attached is TC on and winter tires+wheels from a few days back.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i don't have a draggy or whatever that is

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you have a stock GR86 my ND2 is faster. It's a slap-fight between morons but it's true. Currently running catless header+high flow exhaust+93 tune.

If you're

https://i.imgur.com/FBJHpfn.jpg

then I couldn't care less, we're talking about the GR86 and there are plenty of faster cars than a Miata.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

*Brz

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Did you seriously bother to brag that your car is tuned for power without any actual follow-up? Like...did you pay some chucklefrick for an aggressive throttle remap and just take their word that it's totally more powerful now, or are you bragging about the way Subaru tuned their engine originally? I can't imagine getting my car tuned and not verifying any change. I'll take a YouTube video of your speedo hitting 60, but c'mon anon this is just sad. I'm not even looking to shit unnecessarily on brz's, I've already acknowledged they handle high speeds better and look better than an ND. My car is tuned to have different ignition, intake, and exhaust timing taking advantage of the aftermarket header, I can pull up the numbers, but I still wouldn't lead with that cringe "tuned for power" line rofl

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

brz engine is obviously tuned from the factory for power if it gets shit mileage and 10 more hp/liter than a miata. and i don't know another NA car that makes that much specific power other than the S2000 which gets even worse mileage

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Same liters per pound of car, same acceleration ignoring that 5.4s claim I've never seen replicated.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Imagine believing a natural aspirated 4 pot lifted from a cuv is a """"""""""performance"""""""" engine

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Bro I get like 6 in my miata

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Something must be really fricking wrong with it, even the worst mine was when it had a horrible pre-o2 sensor leak making it go pig rich, I still got 17 to a tank

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Big alternator mod

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

oh

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Also CR, really? "Mines never broken down" would have been a more substantial argument than that marketing service masquerading as data.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>predicted reliability
        >minicooper in 2nd place
        kek you know you're a ricer, no tools etc

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

no i have tools

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

how much do you think it cost for mini to buy their way up there?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I took mine on a 600 mile road trip this month just fine. I would have liked a 6th gear to get the rpm down some, but it's not like it was so twitchy it was tiring to stay in control or anything. If anything my other car (a Subaru wagon) is more uncomfortable on long highway trips because it gets pushed around by the wind more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Big bore 4s are for prostitutes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Miatas are for homosexual ass trannies

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Post bread on hood, and stop obsessing over men having sex.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Frick the 2.5. Why isn't their new straight six in the Miata?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Where's it gonna go?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fun fact, one of these dressed is 350lbs, and makes 228 hp. A dressed iron block dodge 6.4L weighs 550lbs and makes 485 hp. So, even with an iron block and half as many valves per cylinder, the 6.4 dodge makes 35% more hp per lb of engine mass. The more you know.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A Dodge V8 had no soul like Subaru’s legendary boxer engine. The Subaru can be tuned to be faster for only a few hundred dollars and have way higher reliability because it’s Japanese and not American junk.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

See

Did you seriously bother to brag that your car is tuned for power without any actual follow-up? Like...did you pay some chucklefrick for an aggressive throttle remap and just take their word that it's totally more powerful now, or are you bragging about the way Subaru tuned their engine originally? I can't imagine getting my car tuned and not verifying any change. I'll take a YouTube video of your speedo hitting 60, but c'mon anon this is just sad. I'm not even looking to shit unnecessarily on brz's, I've already acknowledged they handle high speeds better and look better than an ND. My car is tuned to have different ignition, intake, and exhaust timing taking advantage of the aftermarket header, I can pull up the numbers, but I still wouldn't lead with that cringe "tuned for power" line rofl

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>stating the obvious is bait
          This board has been on a downhill run

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It is a shame. You never get decent discussions because it seems like there's fewer than 20 anons on a given day who have DA relevant cars, and even fewer who actually get into it and know their shit. This thread is the perfect example, the only actual (possible) brz owner half-heartedly posts some troll data and wanders off. I'd love to actually hear real world experience, fuel economy, post-tune power on these cars as they do interest me, but dead board *shrug*

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My current daily is a GR86, so not the FA20 motor OP was referring to. Sounds like a tractor under 2k, but surprisingly playful past that. It ain't fast, but it really does feel fast. It *is* quick though, won't let you down for passing traffic.

I tend to drive with a lead foot, so my fuel economy is pretty skewed. If you're only on highways though, it's pretty easy to get 29 MPG. I still haven't figured out what the "magic" speed is for best highway fuel economy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

can you do me a favor? can you check if your oil dipstick smells like gas? mine does and i dont know if it's normal or not.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Pulled the dipstick, smells a bit like gas. I do a lot of short trips in it where the block doesn't stay heated for long periods of time though.

Is it normal? No. Once it gets warmer out though, I'll be doing a bit more road trips. I'll have to monitor it and see if it was just me not driving it for longer periods of time. I plan on changing out this oil anyways within a month or so, so I'm not too concerned.

By the way, the 6k/7.5k oil change times are bullshit. Change the oil sooner than that, especially if you drive it like you mean it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for checking. Much appreciated.

I read that short trips causes fuel to be mixed with the engine oil, but I also saw some people say that it's an inherent thing for direct injection engines. My commute is pretty long (30 minutes) and I wait for my engine to get up to temperature before I drive it in a sporty manner. So I was thinking that maybe it's simply a direct injection thing. I've been driving much slower lately to see if the situation improves, under the assumption that the fuel in the oil would evaporate as long as the direct injection is not used.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm pretty sure it was b8, to have the same hp/lb as the hemi, the 350lba fa24 would need to make 308hp, it takes a lot more than a "few mods" to do 300+ crank on a fa24

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't get this minmaxing about engines. There has to be more to engines than HP/L, I hope.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you want to talk more in depth, integrated area under the torque curve for the fa24 is likely even less favorable than peak hp/lb when compared to the hemi

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not hp/l, hp/lb

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

HP/L is a cope. It's no different than trying to justify Trq/L for mental gymnastics when an all aluminum v8 weighs the same as a 4 cyl

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

all aluminium v8 weighs the same as an all aluminium 4 cyl?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yes. Mad respect for them doing their own thing even if it is fricking moronic. It's the kind of autism I can get behind.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

luv me ej20, simple as

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>it's OK when Porsche does it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah because ze porsche nazi ss engines are actually good.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

looks like shit

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the Pentastar has an entire liter and a half, two extra cylinders, and 100 HP over the FA and still weighs less by about 50 lbs

How do you even do that?

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why does Subaru insist on making shartxer engines.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

autism

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

because that's where all their r&d has gone, it would be too expensive to start from scratch trying to build something else

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They could've stopped on 1970

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nakajima was an aircraft manufacturer before WWII and the boxer engines were originally intended for light aircraft, in fact a couple of the EJs are FAA certified I believe.
      They're like Japanese Saab. They build cars with the mentality of airplane designers, in terms of letting the function define form. The boxer has significant packaging advantages, their AWD system negates the extra mass, and then they pop it in an otherwise conservative body design that takes advantage of a low hood to look more appealing and sporty than it's rivals.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Shartxer engines aren't inherently bad but urabus is. They always spaghetti something about everyone of their engines.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why aren't Subaru a luxury brand?

They are already longitudinal so going RWD is easy, F4 engines have better inherent balance than the I4s in many of the mass market "luxury" cars. Rich people dgaf about higher maintenance/fuel costs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the wrx gt is basically a luxury car it's 45k

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

luv me turbo Subarus and their boxer rumble, simple as
    Brilliant and fun cars

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do you by chance munch carpet and look like a dike.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Do you by chance get pumped up the arse from your old man?
        Scoobys are based and you're a homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you dumbass, do you not see the fenders and scoop and badges on that thing
        he is clearly a vape addict, not an inhabitant of a Greek island

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think the boxer 4 packaging made more sense back when they were simple pushrod engines. Pushrods push gods.

14. 2 months ago
    Pissnigger

Holy fricking shit, an external water pump. Bravo. But chains, bro? You know its going to need like 4 sets of head gaskets throughout its life. The frick you doing?

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why does nobody build a v4? Seems like those would be great for a mid-engine rally car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you think there's any space/weight saving in that?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

More expensive than inline 4.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *