Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ok.
    Nice car anyways.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As a racing machine, repurposed for the street, it looks best in racing trim.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gay sex, staight sex. A hole's still a hole as long as it's warm and wet, you incels.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's what I told the judge; but then he started rambling on about how I traumatized all the kids at the petting zoo.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Deer fricking is in the other thread.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't get the hype behind these. I don't think they look much better than any other given sports cars of their vintage but everyone acts like they're divine beings sent straight down from heaven.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Cause british people are world class circle jerkers who think they invented everything and that everyone should worship the ground they walk on

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Enzo said it's the most beautiful car he'd ever seen and everyone agreed. The fact that it's straight 6 made 265 HP and 240 lb-ft (increased to 285 lb-ft in 1964) of torque and did 0-60 in 7s with a 15.1s ¼ mile, and had a top speed of 150 in 1961, made it one of the fastest cars at the time. Just behind the DB4 GT Zagato and the 250 GTO, which were much more expensive. They were also one of the first production cars to have fully independent front and rear suspension using double-wishbones on the rear axles (why the rear had 2 shock absorbers per wheel still baffles me), and torsion bar suspension on the front. The rear suspension is a neat setup in which the half-shafts act as the upper control arm. This setup was so good that it kept being used all the way into 2006, last seen on the Jaguar XK8, but was also used in the Aston Martin DB7, albeit modernised and revised in those cars. It's engine was also placed in a front-mid-engine position which is an ideal position for front engined cars. This combination of Independent suspension and front-mid engine position with the relatively light weight gave the E-types exceptional handling for the time. They were also one of the first production cars to use disc brakes on all four wheels. For reference, Ferrari at the time was still using drum brakes. The E-types were one of the first cars to use a unibody chasis design with a front subframe carrying the engine, instead of a ladder-on-frame chassis that most cars had back then. As a result, they were also lightweight (but not the lightest cars on the road), with a range from 2,770 lbs for the series 1 convertible and swelling up to 3,090 lbs for the 2+2 V-12 series 3. To add to that, the C-type and D-type Jaguars had been quite successful in Lemans, which blessed the E-type with racing pedigree. They were very desirable cars that had lots of firsts back in the 1960s. They were sold for $2600, about half the price of anything Enzo was putting out.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Sorry my bad, it's double-wishbones in the front as well. The torsion bar thing was from an un-reliable source.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Enzo said it's the most beautiful car he'd ever seen and everyone agreed. The fact that it's straight 6 made 265 HP and 240 lb-ft (increased to 285 lb-ft in 1964) of torque and did 0-60 in 7s with a 15.1s ¼ mile, and had a top speed of 150 in 1961, made it one of the fastest cars at the time. Just behind the DB4 GT Zagato and the 250 GTO, which were much more expensive. They were also one of the first production cars to have fully independent front and rear suspension using double-wishbones on the rear axles (why the rear had 2 shock absorbers per wheel still baffles me), and torsion bar suspension on the front. The rear suspension is a neat setup in which the half-shafts act as the upper control arm. This setup was so good that it kept being used all the way into 2006, last seen on the Jaguar XK8, but was also used in the Aston Martin DB7, albeit modernised and revised in those cars. It's engine was also placed in a front-mid-engine position which is an ideal position for front engined cars. This combination of Independent suspension and front-mid engine position with the relatively light weight gave the E-types exceptional handling for the time. They were also one of the first production cars to use disc brakes on all four wheels. For reference, Ferrari at the time was still using drum brakes. The E-types were one of the first cars to use a unibody chasis design with a front subframe carrying the engine, instead of a ladder-on-frame chassis that most cars had back then. As a result, they were also lightweight (but not the lightest cars on the road), with a range from 2,770 lbs for the series 1 convertible and swelling up to 3,090 lbs for the 2+2 V-12 series 3. To add to that, the C-type and D-type Jaguars had been quite successful in Lemans, which blessed the E-type with racing pedigree. They were very desirable cars that had lots of firsts back in the 1960s. They were sold for $2600, about half the price of anything Enzo was putting out.

Edit, just looked at it again, it's a combination of front-double wishbone with front torsion bar. Very weird.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            Edit, just looked at it again, it's a combination of front-double wishbone with front torsion bar. Very weird.

Torsion bar is common with double wishbone fronts, heaps of utes, trucks and vans use it.
            It's real compact compared to double wishbone coild springs because you can just join the torsion bar straight up to the upper wishbone where it pivots on the inner bush.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Oh really? I didn't know that it was common. But, does it have any handling advantages or disadvantages vs a purely double-wishbone front suspension?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's just packaging.
            If you look at a lot of early double wishbone coil spring setups you'll see they have trouble mounting a spring with a lot of travel.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

you people are such insufferable homosexuals

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

tell that to Milhouse OP

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Alright, I'm sorry dude lol. The E type was cool, fine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're supposed to shit on the OP!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The Elan was wrong wheel drive.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You're thinking of the 90s Elan. The 60s one was RWD.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That a plus, but I don't like those weird Lotus Y-frames either. They flex and twist in the middle. The Delorian borrowed that frame design and it's the reason they are shit as driver's cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Elan was light enough it didn't matter.

• 1 month ago
          p

>x
          Unsafe at any speed

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>thread about 60s sports cars
            >singles out this one for being unsafe
            Your point? Literally nothing from the 60s is safe compared to even 90s or 00s cars. You're welcome to stick with your soulless grey blob cuckover #749384 if you're so scared of driving a classic.

• 1 month ago
            p

yea let’s celebrate shitty engineering because “old”…
            paraplegic frame lookin ass mofo

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>it's automatically better because it's new
            I didn't know they allowed special needs children to post here.

• 1 month ago
            p

Yet here you are, posting

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>n-no u
            I accept your capitulation, dilettante

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nice narrow urethrae (exhaust)

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous