I love both cars and public transit.

I love both cars and public transit. Cars are cool and driving has it's attractiveness, but I live in a city with a very good public transportation system, so good in fact that you can get to a lot of places quicker than by car. Shit on me all you want, but the ability to relieve yourself from the stress of driving and not depending on your vehicle is invaluable. And before you ask, yes I do have a license and a car, I just don't use it very often because I don't have to

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its*
    It's == it is

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If I get confused I recall that it's the same as the other third person posessives "his" and "hers" which also don't have apostrophes.

But my phone auto-corrects "its" to "it's" and "were" to "we're" every time. And I tend to use "its" and "were" fairly frequently, so that's just annoying. If I want to write "it's" or "we're" I can type the damn apostrophe myself.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

stop using an iphone

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

okay good for you i guess

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>>>/n/

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't love either. always had a car but would take bus/lightrail all the time when I lived in seattle like 15 years ago. it was pretty quick and convenient but then the homeless population got even more out of control and became fricking awful

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

While im not a big fan of public transport having good public transport system is a blessing.
      It means that i do not have to entirely rely on my car to get around.
      Car breaks down?
      Take the bus to work.

Too many DUIs?
      Take the bus to the liquor store.

>the ability to relief yourself from the stress of driving and not depending on your vehicle is invaluable.
      based. this is coming from a guy with 3 separate cars btw. only two of them ever run at the same time, the two that run perfectly always alternates. i kind of hate the shitbox life but i’m pretty good at wrenching now so the tradeoff was worth it. living with the constant fear that someone didn’t work on your shit correctly is too much for me.

Also better public transport options = less people who hate driving and are bad at it on the roads. Also, imagine if cars were so optional that pretty much EVERYONE didn't have to have one, which is why they've all converged on the crossover. The car market could be more like the motorcycle market if they weren't so mandatory for American life.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Also better public transport options = less people who hate driving
        People that hate driving aren't going to prefer being crammed into a bus/train. People wish they could teleport to their destinations

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

While im not a big fan of public transport having good public transport system is a blessing.
    It means that i do not have to entirely rely on my car to get around.
    Car breaks down?
    Take the bus to work.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Too many DUIs?
      Take the bus to the liquor store.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Amen brother

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the ability to relief yourself from the stress of driving and not depending on your vehicle is invaluable.
    based. this is coming from a guy with 3 separate cars btw. only two of them ever run at the same time, the two that run perfectly always alternates. i kind of hate the shitbox life but i’m pretty good at wrenching now so the tradeoff was worth it. living with the constant fear that someone didn’t work on your shit correctly is too much for me.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/hWxXR06.jpeg

I love both cars and public transit. Cars are cool and driving has it's attractiveness, but I live in a city with a very good public transportation system, so good in fact that you can get to a lot of places quicker than by car. Shit on me all you want, but the ability to relieve yourself from the stress of driving and not depending on your vehicle is invaluable. And before you ask, yes I do have a license and a car, I just don't use it very often because I don't have to

This. Public transit and bicycle for everyday mobility, car for NIGHT CRUISING.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trains (no poor peopel)>Car>Bus(no poor people)>>>

[...]

(with poor people)>>Bus (with poor people)>Subways

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The main issue with having both is that usually you can't have both. Either you city is designed around car travel, with large parking lots and highways to facilitate that. Or it's compact with no parking and tiny intercity roads that are a pain in the ass to drive though.

You can't have both because having large parking lots and roads is directly antithetical to being able to walk around and take large public transport hubs.

Even if you use buses, it doesn't get you from your final destination sites, like you can't take a bus from the mall to go bowling to go to the bookstore etc... without it being a massive pain in the ass.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ill just keep driving even if it takes longer and cost more.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I ride the train to work, its nice to have a car just for fun. You can do anything you want, if it breaks, such is life.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

in America, you have to deal with the stress of public transportation:
    --will the bus/train/subway show up on time or even show up at all if it snows/rains?
    --will I be harassed/beaten/killed by mentally ill homeless bums?
    --will I mugged/killed by the criminals?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the world isn't america

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's why I said "in America" not
        "in the fricking entire world"

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i like good *optional* public transport and cars as well. the problem is that the the people pushing public transport generally see it as an either/or and want to use it to wedge in their "you will own nothing and be happy" car-free utopian fantasies. in other words, i simply don't trust the public transit zealots to not incrementally ban cars outright or make their ownership unfeasible. car bans are wholly within their worldview.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like public transit when it doesn't share roads with cars. Trains, boats, planes, etc. are cool. Buses are fricking garbage, they combine most of the downsides of cars with all of the downsides of public transit.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You go back to /n/ to suck other strangers passengers dicks. I hate public transport and majority of people inside those. I refuse to use public transport despite me living in about 4-5 minute walking distance from it. I will drive my car even when it takes longer or costs more than public transport. If my car breaks down then I take rent car when my car is at repair shop, If I dont get my car fixed then I buy another car. Alternatively as temporarily solution I would pay for friend to drive me to places with his/her car or I would just take an uber.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You sound like absolute human refuse you fricking homosexual. I'm curious what kind of car you drive.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *