I made $3,000 a month. What car can I afford?

I made $3,000 a month
What car can I afford?

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

What income are you left with after your expenses?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Somewhere around 2,500

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Buy a car with cash. We don't know your savings, but there's plenty of reliable and fun cars out there for under $10k.

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Okay
          Like what?
          I have 10k to spend right now

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

mid to late 00s corolla or camry

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Ok. I was thinking about a range rover or a (used) 911

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

this better be bait
            you will become a debt slave either through financing or repair bills

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Thats not even me
            I just want a car that have AC and won't shit out on me or cost me an arm and a leg

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>Honda Civic
            >Honda Accord
            >Honda Fit
            >Honda Element
            >Honda CRV
            >Honda Crosstour
            >Toyota Corolla
            >Toyota Camry
            >Toyota Yaris
            >Toyota Rav4
            Pick anyone in the 2005-2015 range with under 200k miles.

• 3 months ago
            s10fag

>used 911

Black person the only 911 you're buying for $10k is blown the frick up , just rent a corvette at ncm or some shit and wait until you double your income before you even buy a boxter

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Good luck with that.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

> corolla or camry
            > fun
            lmao

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

op didnt ask for fun, learn to read

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Alright smartass. Fine. Let's make the thread boring.
            Go buy an 8th Gen si.
            Reliability, some fun and room for more fun if you bolt things into it.
            There. Next thread. Wrap it up.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

I think he meant funny

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

buy a new car with 10k down. Imo you could buy any decent car, I'd recommend sedan like camry, civic, jetta, etc or could also go for little sportier versions like gti etc,. All this depends on your credit . if you have decent credit score with some loans paid off in the past even small one, you could get good interest rate and can get those cars with around 250 + hp for around 500 to 600 monthly ( it is a lot for some but as you mention you have 2500 left each month after expenses than it should not be too bad. you will still be left with around 2000 minus insurance. I used to recommend buying used cars to begin with but used car market is shit rn and you'll waste 5000 for not good car which will last you max 2 years with 1000 plus thrown in repair, etc on top in those years. you can keep saving money then pay the rest amount as you desire later on all together or monthly, your choice. That is all depending on your future goals, if you want to start business, buy house, etc. then should go for cheaper option which would be better second hand car or little cheaper but good new car ( don't go for truck or SUV or anything American ) . with around 600 to 700 monthly payment, it will be 7200 to 8400 in a year which would not be too much compared to buying used car and only lasting a year or 2. plus, you can keep your car the way you wanted and could even sell after few years to get around 20,000 plus if used decently.

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

Worst advice in the thread

• 3 months ago
            Anonymous

>buying used car and only lasting a year or 2
            Hyperbole or actual opinion?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

That's quite an exceptional living cost, are you sure you're including all of your recurring expenses? Ie. clothes, hygiene, breaking appliances? The lowest I ever got to was ~$800

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

If his living costs are only $500 a month I'd be willing to wager he lives with family. Hell, my mortgage alone is almost $1300.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

>2500
        Post your ledger, breh. We may be able to shift some numbers around to make you more attractive to lenders

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Used gen 3 prius

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

No. Those batteries are a ticking time bomb.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

Replacements are cheap, easy and you can diy. No reason to avoid the Prius.

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

BMW 320i e46
    still good looking, not too unreliable, decent performance and still amazing to drive

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Not so sure I'd recommend these to younger buyers or budget minded. Getting much older now, a lot of the rubber is deteriorating now, many replacement parts needed. Vacuum lines, intake boots usually torn on these, etc. A lot can be DIY, bet get ready for coolant system updates, oil leaks, oil filer housing, O2 sensors, cats and check engine lights. You'll end up spending more then what you paid for the car. Ask me how I know this. Perfect project car though.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

you only have to do that stuff every 100k miles. I'm currently doing all of that on an E39 I just bought for my mom and am spending maybe half what I paid for the car on parts plus my own time to change all the shit to make it reliable for the next 20 years

• 3 months ago
          Anonymous

Good ones that aren't beaters are getting hard to come by now. Most are in disrepair and will need a LOT of work if you buy one now. Don't see too many well maintained ones for sale and if you do it won't be in the affordable kid pricing range.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

honda pre-2010 accord. V6 coupe if you can find it. not a head turner really, but an excellent, affordable car that will impress passengers after they ride in it.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Pretty sure this exact car is always parked outside this one house in my neighborhood that I walk by frequently.
      It's weird how it looks small and not small at the same time.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

it's a regular sedan size the coupe doors are just frickin huge. that's why the it looks funny. honda does this kind ofscaling thing both ways, like on the Beat the handles are so tiny you can only get three fingers in them.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Let's keep v6 accords in the shadows before normies find out about them and inflate the value

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

I thought of buying one, but I just assume they're fricked up by a modder by now. Do you see a lot of clean examples near you?

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

V6 Accords are shit without the 6spd anyway, Honda autos that are mated to V6s are trash.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Dis homie likes blowing trannies

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

For you Anon, it’s “6 to 10 year old economy vehicle”. Or a scooter if so inclined.

I’d recommend a Mazda 3.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

>sorry chud a new corolla is for only those who make 150k and moar
      do i neck now or later

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

DALE HERE. WHY DONT YOU GO BUY YOURSELF AN OLD MOPAR AND FIX HER UP, THAT WAY YA GOT SOMETHIN YOU CAN PASS ONTO YOUR KIDS, UNLESS YOU'RE A homosexual HAHA JUST KIDDIN.

Dale
    201st Marine Janitorial Division, 1969 Vietnam
    1969 Dodge Charger (The south will rise again)
    1976 Dodge Pickup (just a V6!!!)
    2003 Dodge Neon SRT 4 (Stage 8 tuned)
    2011 Dodge Grand Caravan (Wife's piece of shit)
    2009 Chevy Impala

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

MOPAR OR NO CAR, AIN'T THAT RIGHT DALE

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

challenger

8. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

94-01 ford ranger with 150. to 250kmi

an 00's reliable land barge with abyssmal gas milage

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy something you can sleep in, trust.

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

in similar situation im currently looking at used VW’s found a 2011 CC for like 6k with only 112k i recommend looking at cheaper sedans for insurance cause whats gonna kill ya aint the car payments its the insurance cost

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

You can afford a Pinto.

12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

a 2900$ car

13. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

A bmw 2010 f10 525d l6.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Laughable, a 3,000 - 2010 525d I6 will be over 225k miles, sun faded and beat to hell.
      Sure buy one, eccentric crank shaft failure is 3,000. New cats are 4,000. New elec fans is 1,700. repair. Window lift motors is 500 per door. Go ahead, buy one you budget minded fool you.

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

I just saw one for 70k miles for sale.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

But was it 3,000?
          The thing that concerns me about seeing low mileage cars this many years later. Two, things made this possible, retired person that doesn't drive much, had money for routine maintenance, garage kept, passed away. Good deal. The more common is Juan and Akmed from the local shady car lot find wrecked cars sitting for years. The car was totaled at 70k, it sits for 7 to 10 years. Akmed had Juan pull it out and take it to the chop shop around the corner where they piece it back together, slap some paint over it, buff it up a bit and resell it. Get under the car and look for lot rot. They'll get the top and clean the interior, they don't replace rubber grommets or bushings and that's where they story is. You see this wasn't garage kept, you can tell it's been sitting somewhere a long time before repair.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *