I make $27k per annum. Can I afford to drive?

I make $27k per annum. Can I afford to drive?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Generally yes (if you're saving even 3-4k to get a cat worth 10-15k.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What, like a bengal or a maine coon?

What happens when I have the cat?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Your happiness level increases

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

post skin color

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a scoot-scoot with seating for two and a 3/4 helmet in size girl

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

125cc with classic looks, specifically, don't get any edgy shit or a Grom

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm liking the man I could become with a Grom

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's a good second bike, but chicks don't want a Grom, they want picrel
          Euro romance flicks have conditioned their brains, they're hard-wired to latch on to your back
          I believe scientifically studies have shown their ovaries pick out the good eggs toodling around on the back of these

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Euro romance flicks have conditioned their brains, they're hard-wired to latch on to your back
            >I believe scientifically studies have shown their ovaries pick out the good eggs toodling around on the back of these
            Wouldn't be surprised. Women are so driven by hormones that they turn into completely different people when those hormones don't work right, or work at all. It messes with them down to their instincts and fundamental sense of self, which is as transient as their feelings.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

According to DA financial gurus: no. If you make 27k a year then you're only allowed to drive a car with 3k. No one really understands where this arbitrary rule comes from but it's the law and if you dare have the audacity to drive anything else then you're living beyond your means and you'll literally never retire. If you want to drive a car, you need to make at least 100k a year and then we will allow you to buy a 17 year old car worth no more than 10k.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Reality checks are only called for so commonly because people have no sense of personal finance on this board. You should be making level-headed decisions based on real data, not your gut feel. If a car is over 30% of your disposable income at any given moment, it's a significant burden.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Do you rent, own or live at home? If the latter, sure.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I make $27k per annum.
    That is below the federal minimum wage

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

There are other countries and also taxes in this one

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

apply for section8 housing and food stamps, OP. game the system.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

But then he will get his car stolen by his neighbours.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>7.25*40*52=15,080

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>15k
        >there are people pulling 40hrs per week for walmart and this is what they make

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Haven't seen anyone take $7.25/hr for a while. even illegals won't take that rate because inflated prices will eat them alive even if they pool their resources.

My last stint at a grocery store was $17/hr to toss boxes at night. Retention rate was three weeks on average since most night jobs in that region paid way better. Only caveat was that those jobs don't flex time as easily as a grocery job.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Three words brother: Rice. And. Beans
    also, no.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

a hellcat my homie. Just get a loan and dodge the repo man. frick timmy gon do?

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How is that even possible

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That'd be way too substantial portion of your income here. From what your employer pays:
    >pension: 24%
    >income tax: 18%
    >municipal taxes: 10%
    So you're left with maybe 18K/yr. From that car taxes and mandatory insurance is ~1,5K/yr + the running costs of a regular shitbox optimistically 350/mo

So that car would drain a bit over a third of your total net income. Don't forget you still have to pay 25,5% VAT on everything you buy.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

homie.

I'm 19 and I make the equivalent of 9300 USD in my Eastern European shithole.

If I can afford to not be a busrider, so can you.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is that before or after tax? I thought Americans earned more than us Brits...

Anyway, get a 2002-2007 Corolla LE (base model).

You'd be surprised how expensive used cars are in America. Their insurance and fuel might cost very little but they get raped on other fronts.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *