I messed up really bad.

19 year old moron here, tried doing my own oil change on my 2014 Toyota Tundra. Ended up cracking the plastic housing for the oil filter because it was on way too tight. Talked with my mom and step dad, they said I can take it to the nearest lube shop about 5 miles down the road from here with no oil and be just fine. I got about half way there, lost power steering I pulled over and turned the engine off. I tried turning it over once more a few mins later and got nothing. It's sized, ain't it? It's over man, that's everything I had. I still got 25k on the loan, it's all I had and it's over ain't it man.
I have 6k to my name, is this enough to replace the engine? And is it even worth it to replace the engine or will I always have little problems because it doesn't all fit together perfect anymore?
I was planning on running this truck to at least 300k.

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

well it's a brand new truck, engines are more expensive new cars. you can buy a whole engine for $100 for a normal car but a new headlight is $4000 on new cars
    that said you can just replace the engine

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I should probably add, I put oil in it before I left. About 7 quarts and added more after I shut it off. Problem is it leaked all out because of the cracked housing for the filter.

I think that's my only option then. What are the odds of the engine being fully shot? Maybe it just overheated.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

there’s no way 7 quarts leaked out in this short amount of time from a cracked filter housing

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Being that oil is pumped directly through the filter, it could all leak out in a minute or 2 or not go through the whole engine in the first place

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

not only did it probably all leak, he likely had garbage oil pressure until it seized up

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I

>2.5 quarts
          it only took this much to get back on the dipstick? no oil pressure light?
          I'm suspecting you did not grenade the motor. curious what it was keep us posted op

This is exactly what I was thinking
          and the tire shop probably has morons working for them so they wouldn't have don't proper tests. that's why they don't work on engines, too dumb

agree with this. he only had to add 2.5 back as well. no oil pressure light, but battery light. op make them pull the belt and try to crank it or spin all the accessories

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>asked mom and dad
    >didn’t ask the br/o/s
    >destroyed engine
    You deserved it, 6k might get you a used engine, won’t cover labor. You cannot drive the engine with no oil.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I have 6k to my name, is this enough to replace the engine?
    No. You're too stupid to diy it and shops + parts would be more.
    > And is it even worth it to replace the engine or will I always have little problems because it doesn't all fit together perfect anymore?
    Properly done it's like it came off the assembly line.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Should have repaired the crack with RTV.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

kek. a quick ebay search shows a bunch of 5.7l engines for $3.8k with free shipping. you might get lucky and find an engine locally in a junkyard for cheaper. no idea how much labor would cost, you'll have to ask local independent mechanics.

do yourself a favor and get a AAA membership. i pay like $100 a year and get a few hundred miles of "free" tows.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My labor guide shows 16 hours, so OP should expect to spend over 2 grand after fluids and supplies at a mid tier independent shop.

OP, what lights came on in the dash leading up to breaking down?

Also your parents are morons, 1, for telling you to drive it with a cracked filter housing, and 2, for letting you go 25k in debt for a 10 year old truck at 19. Disregard all of their financial and automotive advice from now on because it sounds like flipping a coin is more likely to lead you to the right choices than listening to them.
      >step dad
      It's all starting to make sense

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/tmFq5Cl.png

This is just a random screenshot, but you can get a perfectly functional car for $2000... at least on the west coast. It isnt "cool" but its actually more durable than a Toyota pickup. Whatever stupid shit you do to an old Hyundai barely matters. Ive changed the oil in my Elantra 20x without breaking anything cause its all metal and ive hooned it around extensively. It Gets great MPG and just doesnt break down

>OP, what lights came on in the dash leading up to breaking down?
        Battery followed by engine as I was shutting it down for a sec.

>shitbox
        This is where my life is going man. Sucks to be such a fricking moron. I pray for a brain so often but wake up every morning dumber than the last.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Shitboxes are fun. I have owned a brand new car and hated it. Good thing covid market bought it back for full price and I didnt lose money on it. But whipping the old Hyundai is always fun and cheap. I have savings And I dont have to work full time.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Wait, no oil pressure light?
          Is the serpentine belt covered in oil by any chance?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No oil pressure light
            Serpentine belt is dry

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

After you broke down, was there oil on the dipstick? How much oil did you add after breaking down, and where did the level read after that?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Getting towed to the shop now. Didn't check dip. Added about 2.5 quarts after breaking down.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Didn't check dip.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Very interested to hear how the mechanics react to your story

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The filename was a nice touch

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>2.5 quarts
            it only took this much to get back on the dipstick? no oil pressure light?
            I'm suspecting you did not grenade the motor. curious what it was keep us posted op

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>do yourself a favor and get a AAA membership. i pay like $100 a year and get a few hundred miles of "free" tows.
      Even without AAA a 5 mile tow is like $50 during business hours. Anon racked up a massive bill to save $50. The plastic housing is probably cheap and an easy repair as well, he could have fixed that in his driveway.
      OP you learned a powerful lesson today in being stupid and taking advice from stupid people.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Skip AAA won't pick ya up even a few minutes outside a city.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>cracked housing on filter

Hit the gym lmao I bet I could have twisted it off with my bare hands

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Whats done is done, lesson for future. Better tow it to nearest shop and tell them story. Pray they wont rip you off, they will.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I recommend buying an approximately $1000 shitbox and going bankrupt over the loan unless you're making enough money to fix it and pay it off. Shop rate for engine swap is probably $5000 to $8000. Your absolutely moronic to pay $25000 gor a 10 year old truck, or to drive with cracked oil system etc.

A clear plan and mind is exactly what I need right now. Thank you guys. Nothing to do now but keep going forward.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This is just a random screenshot, but you can get a perfectly functional car for $2000... at least on the west coast. It isnt "cool" but its actually more durable than a Toyota pickup. Whatever stupid shit you do to an old Hyundai barely matters. Ive changed the oil in my Elantra 20x without breaking anything cause its all metal and ive hooned it around extensively. It Gets great MPG and just doesnt break down

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

shitboxers will inherit the earth

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Next time look up the torque spec

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I recommend buying an approximately $1000 shitbox and going bankrupt over the loan unless you're making enough money to fix it and pay it off. Shop rate for engine swap is probably $5000 to $8000. Your absolutely moronic to pay $25000 gor a 10 year old truck, or to drive with cracked oil system etc.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>2014 Toyota Tundra. Ended up cracking the plastic housing for the oil filter because it was on way too tight.

literally a $50-100 part, but you are fricking stupid

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>owing $25k on a 10 year old truck

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That’s better than most truckgays believe it or not.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Ended up cracking the plastic housing for the oil filter
    were you using the specific adapter for it or just an oil filter wrench.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I was using the crown looking thing. It was just over tightened from the previous change.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you deserve it for being a little kid driving an oversized truck despite living with mommy and mommy's boyfriend

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I needed the truck for work. My parents atleast give a damn to give me a stepping stone in life you worthless homosexual.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They make older cheaper pickups with metal oil filter housing. But do you actually need one for work? Ive had lots of jobs and none of them required a pickup truck.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/tacoma-1997-chevrolet-silverado-1500/7757242839.html

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm the worthless homosexual and you're the one in debt over a 10 year old bricked truck lol

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you "need" a truck for work you'd better be self employed or getting paid for mileage because otherwise your boss is exploiting you.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Any work place that requires me to have a specific type of vehicle also provides the vehicle. Op just wanted a big overpriced pickup.

Minivans are better for hauling shit anyway. They dont let your cargo get wet

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>he fell for the wrenchlet meme and tried to DIY something that cost like $50 to impress incels on DA who don't even own a car

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>19
    >somehow has $6k in spare money
    >listens to what his mommy and daddy say without second guessing their decisions
    >blows up truck instead of letting it sit at home and learning how to wrench (or calling a tow truck)
    many such cases

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What a dumb fricking c**t.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm willing to bet that OPs mom's boyfriend is a minority. Top KEK.

Where is your truck fricktard.
      She is a total Black person.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

OPs mom's fricktoy confirmed a minority. OP is indirectly a cuckold for allowing filth to enter his home.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm willing to bet that OPs mom's boyfriend is a minority. Top KEK.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hope your parents have offered to pay for your repairs after giving you such terrible advice

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never drive anything without oil. It needs to be towed.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Or just fricking borrow a car to go buy a new filter cap

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Op thought it was a good idea to drive with no oil. So lol. Advice that makes sense to backyard mechanics goes over his head. Most people know nothing about vehicles.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This was some pretty good bait OP, but your mother is still a mudshark; and your biological father is THRILLED to be spending father's day without you!
    >verification not required

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Update
    Got it towed to the shop. Engine is completely seized. Got recommended a shop by the worker there since big o tires apparently won't work on engines.
    I need a new small block 4k used 9k new. Will work with the shop. If it's more than I can afford might just kill myself.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ask your mother's black boyfriend for some of his weed money.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

oh man, sounds like 8k for full job. good luck and dont worry, money comes and goes.

15k into the loan. They are both broke as frick.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>15k into the loan
          >25k left
          >FORTY GRAND for a 10 year old truck
          >that's as many as four ten thousands and that's terrible
          Holy shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/9gWnIcg.jpeg

>paid $40k for a 10-year-old vehicle

There's no way. Did you get one of those ghetto-ass loans we always joke about?

A brand new f150 is cheaper, there is no way someone did this.

its perfectly believable that someone would pay this much for a toyota truck. they last forever, remember?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>paid $40k for a 10-year-old vehicle

There's no way. Did you get one of those ghetto-ass loans we always joke about?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A brand new f150 is cheaper, there is no way someone did this.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It was bait as soon as he said the engine seized. Normies wouldn't know that. Plus he said it turned over which it wouldn't if it were seized.

Mudshark arc is just icing on a troll cake.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You don't understand. People LOVE Toyota Tacomas. I've driven them, and they aren't that good. That 5.7 was reliable sure, but the acceleration was mushy, and the suspension wasn't setup for real heavy towing. They also all came with open diffs or lsd, even on 4wd models, which made no sense. At least that's how they were for a time.

Meanwhile, customers eat this shit up like candy. 2014 Tundra with 60k miles? 40k off the lot. Can you really get a new F150 for that? No, not really, even work trucks out here are upcharged beyond that price point. But it's close enough to consider just getting a new F150 or Ram 1500.

I need you to understand, when I bought my Colorado I was cross shopping every truck out there, and eventually went with the best new deal I was offered, 26k OTD with 7 miles for a WT with a tow package and rear lockers. A 2019 Tundra at the time was, minimum, 44k. That's the bare minimum, SR5s were the lowest trim any dealers carried and when SRs came on the lot they were taken instantly at SR5 prices anyway. A used 2015 with 90k miles on it (in 4 years mind you) SR5 was listed for 39k. That's pre covid pricing. It sold the same day, despite new Tundras being within the same price bracket.

I really didn't understand it. I thought Tundras and Tacomas were a money laundering scheme. They were so abysmally underwhelming compared to the Silverado and F150s at the time, and the salesmen were blatant liars about the Tundra having best in class power/towing, to the point I called them out on it and asked what the frick they meant by best in class if they're beaten by everything else in class when optioned. Yet Toyota fanboys buy these trucks by the dozens every day. I had one salesmen tell me being moved from a Toyota dealership to a GMC dealership was the biggest kick in the balls he ever experienced, and his paycheck was cut by over 75% when it happened because the sales aren't there.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>People LOVE Toyota Tacomas
            Tundras* I test drove both a dozen times.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so much cope

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You don't understand. Mexicans LOVE Toyota Tacomas.
            ftfy
            never seen a Tacoma not being driven by a mexican.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I see young people and democrats love tacomas

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

oh man, sounds like 8k for full job. Good luck and dont worry, money comes and goes.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

don’t save it. it’s not within your budg-
      >i still owe $25k on it
      >and it needs a new motor for at LEAST $8k
      HOLY KEK. Feels fricking good to have a a truck way older than me.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

he should have bought a ranger or something for $10k. kek.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Get the used engine for $4k. Don't install it yourself though lmao

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dont get a used engine. Just get the older cheaper truck and let repo take the broken POS. You're going to have $35 k into a truck made of plastic and then the plastic transmission will break and then the plastic axel will snap, and then the plastic engine will crack and lose oil after the grease monkey over tightens something.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>let repo take the broken POS
        Even if they repo, if they cannot get the full amount of the outstanding loan debt when they sell it, OP will still be responsible to pay the difference.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this is shitty shitty advice. if they repo this truck, they will sell it to a wholesaler for $5k and then sue OP for the $20,000 difference, he'll destroy his credit and have his wages garnished for the next 50 years paying it back with interest and fees

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

nta but he deserves nothing less than this for being so fricking stupid.

>19 years old
          >destroy a $40k truck because you literally no knowing about cars
          >listen to moron normie homosexual parents who spoil their 19 year old with a $40k truck

prison time might actually be justified ngl

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That's where bankruptcy comes in handy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I swear this board has the worst advice on DA. Bankrupcy costs thousands to file, is a pain in the ass, makes sure your life is hell for 7 years, and many times you still have to make payments on your discharged debt. the only people that benefit from bankrupcy are israeli bankrupcy lawyers.
            It would be much, much cheaper just to put a motor in OP's truck.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know a bunch of boomers who went bankrupt and it solved all of their problems. They drove shitboxes for a couple of years, saved up money and became rich afterwards. Except my aunts who just credit maxxed their whole lives. But they always had expensive shit, travelled the world and they live in SO-cal.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>drive truck with no oil because parents say it's okay
      >engine seizes
      >tow it to a tire shop
      holy shit i'm not even halfway through this thread and i'm dying

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>since big o tires apparently won't work on engines
      Sorry about your current situation, but thank you for the huge kek.

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I still got 25k on the loan
    How much of the loan had you already paid?

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BORN 2
    TRUCK

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>op installs used engine himself
    >forgets to add oil
    >mom fricks nigs
    >cycle continues

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not plastic, it's aluminum. Most modern Toyotas use this sytem now and you need a special cup wrench adapter that slots onto a 3/8"
    drive ratchet or breaker bar end.

I have done many oil changes on modern Yotas and it's never an issue. You are moronic for not doing your homework beforehand.

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP learned the lesson the very hard way but this is why you need a proper oil wrench. If it’s on too tight a tool like channel locks will just apply pressure on two points while an oil wrench applies pressure all around the filter.

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Five miles is a deceptively long distance in a car, I can look at my satnav to see there's 1 mile to my next turn and I think to myself I should gun it be because I can't be arsed waiting.
    Anyway post your bussy.

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bruh i hope this is fake your mom and step dad are morons

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And so are you btw

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I feel for you OP my first car also went wrong not helped further by bad parental advice though I took precaution of buying a cheap car outright with a good aftermarket so I only paid £1000 more.
    Post bussy though.

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

never take advice from people who dont know anything about cars. Its gonna be a new (or junk yard) motor. In the future, if this happens again youll need to just replace the oil filter housing. You might have been able to get one at autozone. certainly on amazon or ebay if you could wait on shipping. Dont feel too bad, everyone fricks up. You just didnt get lucky on your frickup.

30. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Update
    God is good. My mom talked to me and she has some cash I didn't know she had and she even offered to sell her car to help me pay for repairs.
    We are also considering trading in her car, my broken truck, and cash down-payment to get a whole new truck we would have to share.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You are very fortunate. Take care of your mother.
      But seriously post bussy.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Thank you

Bro just buy the damn engine

God bless.
        >and cash down-payment to get a whole new truck
        Bro... have you not learned your lesson?
        Embrace the shitbox. I'm almost 40 and making $90k, but I still drive a shitbox that I bought for $6k. No stress, no mess.

Drive with oil this time and it will last

Never owned one but that gen tundra is pretty good, the 5.7 is held in high esteem (is it the 5.7 that you have?) and toyotas have a good rep. I'd rather keep it also since you owe money and buying a car is a hassle. I have no idea what someone would pay for your truck as is either, but i don't figure it's good

Not sure it makes sense to try to sell your fricked up Tundra as is. You are not going to get a good price for a 10 year old truck with a burned out engine. You could fix up the engine, try to sell it then for a decent price that might pay back most of your loan. Or just keep it, assuming you can get good life out of the used engine.

Will shop around and see what option is best. Expect to see another thread with a couple options of what to do in a few days because I'm too moronic to think for myself.
        I love you all, thank you so much for everyone's help.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Seriously bro you can get a pickup truck with a metal engine for under $5k. Just return the tundra, go bankrupt if necessary and drive an older cheaper truck with a metal engine while not spending massive stacks of cash on a broken pos

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah get a metal engine, definitely not plastic or wood

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>go bankrupt if necessary
            This might be a good option to consider. Load up on debt and pull the trigger. You will be fricked for a few years but maybe worth it, never done it myself so not sure.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>let repo take the broken POS
            Even if they repo, if they cannot get the full amount of the outstanding loan debt when they sell it, OP will still be responsible to pay the difference.

I swear this board has the worst advice on DA. Bankrupcy costs thousands to file, is a pain in the ass, makes sure your life is hell for 7 years, and many times you still have to make payments on your discharged debt. the only people that benefit from bankrupcy are israeli bankrupcy lawyers.
            It would be much, much cheaper just to put a motor in OP's truck.

https://i.imgur.com/9ZUZm7S.png

19 year old moron here, tried doing my own oil change on my 2014 Toyota Tundra. Ended up cracking the plastic housing for the oil filter because it was on way too tight. Talked with my mom and step dad, they said I can take it to the nearest lube shop about 5 miles down the road from here with no oil and be just fine. I got about half way there, lost power steering I pulled over and turned the engine off. I tried turning it over once more a few mins later and got nothing. It's sized, ain't it? It's over man, that's everything I had. I still got 25k on the loan, it's all I had and it's over ain't it man.
            I have 6k to my name, is this enough to replace the engine? And is it even worth it to replace the engine or will I always have little problems because it doesn't all fit together perfect anymore?
            I was planning on running this truck to at least 300k.

damn. op. you made some mistakes but at least you are man enough to admit them.

it will be a funny mistake 20 years from now, and you're building some character.

it's a shame you didn't check the oil when your car died. it may be salvageable. i'm not familar with this vehicle but you can probably change the rod/main bearing with the engine still in the car. It would be good to know if your engine turns over. even better if you can get a peek at the cylinder walls.

you don't necessarily need to commit to bankruptcy, but 25k is enough money to be brought to court over this, and bent over. it's possible to default and be a sneaky israelite dependable on your state laws. there are laws regarding debt collection and statue of limitations.

I personally would put some oil in, and try and get it started. see if it's knocking, and what your oil pressure is. If you aren't buring oil like crazy or hearing something knocking you might be able to limp it along.

Also, there are some insurance outs if you feel like getting spicy.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>owes 25k on seized truck
      >let’s get in debt for another truck
      You and your family are fricking moronic holy shit.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bro just buy the damn engine

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

God bless.
      >and cash down-payment to get a whole new truck
      Bro... have you not learned your lesson?
      Embrace the shitbox. I'm almost 40 and making $90k, but I still drive a shitbox that I bought for $6k. No stress, no mess.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Will be a cheaper truck for sure.
        We are just worried that if we get it repaired it won't last.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Drive with oil this time and it will last

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So fixing it is the best way to go here br/o/s?
            I just really want it to last long term.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Never owned one but that gen tundra is pretty good, the 5.7 is held in high esteem (is it the 5.7 that you have?) and toyotas have a good rep. I'd rather keep it also since you owe money and buying a car is a hassle. I have no idea what someone would pay for your truck as is either, but i don't figure it's good

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not sure it makes sense to try to sell your fricked up Tundra as is. You are not going to get a good price for a 10 year old truck with a burned out engine. You could fix up the engine, try to sell it then for a decent price that might pay back most of your loan. Or just keep it, assuming you can get good life out of the used engine.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You overpayed for a 10 year old truck and want to overpay for a new truck
      Jesus Christ just replace the engine with a used unit

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your mom is getting paid now to take BBC?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>morons bricks a truck
      >Lets get him another one
      You and your family deserve to stay poor fricking lmao

31. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The lack of oil pressure light is giving my head blue balls. There is like a 1% chance that your engine is OK and you locked up the idler/AC compressor/alternator/whatever by pure coincidence on the way to the shop. Hopefully they check the engine with the belt off before starting the replacement. I have seen this EXACT scenario happen before. Only once, but enough to make me think

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, trucks should have been showing something and not breaking down from a measly 5 mile drive. I had pretty much the same thing happen to an old 12V where the oil pressure gauge broke and that fricker drove 300 miles on a trip till it got home and was good for like another year till the wear compounded.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My old workvan leaked hella oil and my boss drove it without oil for over a month while I was on vacation. That engine somehow went another 100k miles (though it ran like shit) we abused it the entire time with poor maintenance.

They dont make them like they used to.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Well at the shop they tried to turn the spinny thing lower in the engine I have no idea what that bolt is called but it wouldn't budge. The belts were still on it, I don't know if that matters.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Seized belt-driven components usually won't stall a running engine, but will often stop it from restarting or turning by hand. ALWAYS remove the serpentine belt when checking if an engine is locked up.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tomorrow I will get them to take off the serpentine belt and try it.
          Thank you.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Good luck OP. Keep us posted.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You know that mechanics charge you for trying random shit right? Like if they frick with it for 5 billable hours and its still broken, you owe them $500 or $1000 or whatever shop rate is. And the truck is still broken and you still owe the dealership $25k and it will still need $10k in repairs to work.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is exactly what I was thinking
      and the tire shop probably has morons working for them so they wouldn't have don't proper tests. that's why they don't work on engines, too dumb

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your mother loves colored wood, homosexual.

33. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's no way it seized after just 2-3 miles, unless it was pouring oil from the bottom. Take it to a different shop that will actually try to see if it really is seized or not.

34. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>mom and step dad
    >with no oil and be just fine
    A fresh pasta is born

35. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tell the shop to put in a new engine
    >when they're done completely ghost them
    >stop making the truck payments to the dealership/bank
    >brawl erupts between when the dealer tries to repo it and shop tries to claim ownership for unpaid work

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

damn this is some sneaky shit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not really. It has your name and address on it. It just racks up more debt, worse credits, and also ruins your reputation.

He would only be able to shop at mega motors after that, and he would be paying $ 300 every 2 weeks for a clapped out neon with a non returnable niglet in it

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

seen this happen but only mexicans do it

also it was a three way fight because the tow driver claimed to own it too since neither of them paid him either

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Someone did this to that bald frick Car Wizard on Youtube kek

36. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>just drive a car without oil
    Consider it an expensive lesson learned to never ever ever listen to anything your moronic parents say.
    It's a realization that I came to in my twenties. Fortunately it didn't cost me a truck, but it's a lesson you must learn. Your parents are too stupid to ever be depended on for any advice on anything and if you ever listen to a word of their advice again, you also are too stupid.

37. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>toyota tundra
    >still owes 25k
    >plastic shit falls apart in your hands
    >takes moms advice and drives it with a bone dry crankcase

how could this happen to me lmao just lmao

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>plastic shit falls apart in your hands

not to argue but I've sat in new RAMs, Silverados, and an F150 - they all use plastic and the Dodge was the worst of all.

historically though, Chevy interiors are hell-tier.

t. Chevy owner.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's the oil filter housing that fell apart, not the interior

dumbass shill

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The oil filter housing is made of aluminum, not plastic, dumbass homosexual.

see

https://i.imgur.com/rH0iva4.jpeg

It's not plastic, it's aluminum. Most modern Toyotas use this sytem now and you need a special cup wrench adapter that slots onto a 3/8"

I have done many oil changes on modern Yotas and it's never an issue. You are moronic for not doing your homework beforehand.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/rH0iva4.jpeg

Some are plastic and some are aluminum. There are also two different cup wrenches, similar but not the same. OP probably got the wrong cup wrench for the application.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They come in both plastic and aluminum versions, and Tundras have had both as factory equipment. Here's a plastic one on a Tundra:

t. been wrenching longer than some users of this board have been alive

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The frick is this? Is this how they do oil filters now or is it just a niche Toyota thing?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Toyota is the only one I've seen using them, they're a horrible idea. I have a 2012 FJ and it uses this homosexualy system, but the pre-2010 versions still use a regular oil filter located up top on the engine.

So if you buy a +2010 with slightly more horsepower, your oil change goes from a 15 minute job to a 1 hour job minimum. Have to remove skid plate, special wrench, special pre-drain plug, special spigot that taps into bottom of housing to drain oil from filter before loosening, then crank off housing to get at messy paper element inside, replace two separate o-rings, insert new element, re-tighten everything, then start filling, check level, and when you're damn sure it's not leaking and it's good to go, re-bolt the front skid plate.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not just a Toyota thing, most manufacturers have at least one engine from the last 30 years where they've done a cartridge style oil filter. Mostly Europeans, but off the top of my head (of what's available in the US), Subaru and Honda are the only ones that haven't.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>European
            That's what I'd assume when I see moronic shit like this, I'm just surprised an American truck built by a Japanese company would use this.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I always thought it was extra dumb how BMW liked putting those upright on top of the motor so they can leak onto the motor and be a pain in the ass to change cleanly.
            Also electronic dipsticks only and not a redundant metal one because lol, lmao.
            I would rather a plastic toyota filter than a subaru metal one with the ring of fire exhaust, aka satan's anus, that you needs a thorough and violent fisting session to change.
            I wish everyone could just be like Honda and not put them in stupid locations.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The ring of fire is overblown, it was like one body style 15 years ago. Older ones didn't wrap the exhaust manifold in front of the engine, and ~2013+ ones with the FA/FB engine have more than made up for it by putting the spin on oil filter on top next to the oil cap. In either case, a filter claw with an extension makes the ring of fire a non-issue, you don't have to put your hand up in there at all.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My 04 BMW is like that

https://i.imgur.com/AaspHIP.png

Toyota is the only one I've seen using them, they're a horrible idea. I have a 2012 FJ and it uses this homosexualy system, but the pre-2010 versions still use a regular oil filter located up top on the engine.

So if you buy a +2010 with slightly more horsepower, your oil change goes from a 15 minute job to a 1 hour job minimum. Have to remove skid plate, special wrench, special pre-drain plug, special spigot that taps into bottom of housing to drain oil from filter before loosening, then crank off housing to get at messy paper element inside, replace two separate o-rings, insert new element, re-tighten everything, then start filling, check level, and when you're damn sure it's not leaking and it's good to go, re-bolt the front skid plate.

At least with BMW I can pump the oil out of the dipstick tube. Still takes an hour to pump it but it's pretty easy to change the top mount filter and then do something else for 45 minutes while the pump does its thing

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pump the oil out of the dipstick tube

why the frick wouldn't you drain it using the drain plug?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cause then id have to lift the car, get under my car and remove some stuff, drain the oil, put the stuff back probably have some clips break. The garage floor is really cold and dirty in winter time. I literally just pump it into an oil jug and dont go under the car at all. Super clean and easy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's good to get under your car now and then to inspect it, oil change intervals are a good excuse to check out things you can't see from above. i lament changes on my vehicle because it's a PITA and uses a homosexual Toyota cup but I still it to make sure I don't have some crusty line about to explode on the highway and leave me stranded.

also

>has a garage
            >can do comfy oil changes all year round
            >doesn't just put a lil buddy heater in there and make it cozy with some tunes and a brewski

homie I have to change mine in the snow covered driveway in -15 weather sometimes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>homie I have to change mine in the snow covered driveway in -15 weather sometimes. That sounds pretty miserable. Glad I live in milder areas

That sounds awful. But it isnt that cold in my area, so the car tracks in snow and it melts off the tires leaving it all wet and dirty. There's no insulation and my garage is well vented. The Tire guys gave me the report and everything was fine.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'll just type something stupid and irrelevant to start and argument

go frick yourself shrimp dick Black person

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the funny thing is that you have no idea what you're talking about

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

all I know is that the conversation was about oil filter housing and you started ranting about interiors for no damn reason

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

we're talking about oil filters son, try to stay on topic

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's what I'm saying to you, glad you got the concept

38. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP, report this incident to your insurance. say your truck just stopped running.
    get it towed to the dealer, and see what they find. hopefully not clear evidence of you fricking shit up.
    maybe, just maybe it will be covered under warranty.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>commit insurance fraud

now we're cookin with gas

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

well he aint cooking with oil

39. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you probably tow it into your yard under tree, take engine apart, replace everything worn and put car together again

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you probably tow it into your yard under tree, take engine apart, replace everything worn and put car together again
      this Black person can't even change his oil or responsibly drive a car, you expect him to do an engine rebuild (on a modern engine so complex 90%+ of mechanics wouldn't even tackle a rebuild) in his back yard?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

six pack and a saturday is all it takes sonny. trickiest part is always tunin the carb when you're done.

40. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP here, I worked out a deal with the shop, they're going to replace my engine, but I have to let the entire staff have unlimited access to my bussy for 30 days and nights as payment

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

sounds like a win win you fricking homosexual lol

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah and my mom's boyfriend even said he'll drive me down there in his Altima when they call and ask for bussy time

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

why don't you just have him steal you a new truck instead

41. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Post pics otherwise fake and gay

42. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>STEP dad
    lol. next time ask us we don't want to destroy your car unless it's tesla.

43. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

of course there is oil pressure BEFORE the filter. AFTER the filter there is no pressure, nor oil. this thread is so (oil) black it blocks the sun.

44. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

what's with Toyota truck owners fricking up their shit?
    wasn't there a bunch of tards that messed up their Tacoma's cause they drained the the transmission fluid thinking it was engine oil

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lots of moronic basedboys buy Tacos now and think that because they watched some Youtube videos they know how to wheel and "mod" their """OVERLANDING""" """"""""RIGS""""""""

same moron mentality that's plagued Chevy owners for decades, they think bolting on some Rancho shocks is all you need to do to offroad and then realize they've torqued their sterring column and CVs so badly the spines are shredded and u-joints are bent and snap under load

or their draft shafts explode lol.

best one yet tho is the Taco gay who reversed and ripped his rear axle clean off kek

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

motherfricking auto correct, holy shit. i swear AI is trying to gaslight me into thinking I'm illiterate.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>auto correct
          just stop being a phoBlack person

45. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Next time pay a shop to do your maintenance for you.

46. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Black person you are absolutely fricking moronic. Imagine going 25k in debt at 19 for some 10 year old piece of shit thay you total because you want to save 37cents on a filter. Then you tow it to a fricking TIRE shop??? Bahahaha also your parents are just as moronic as you I am laughing so hard. Can't believe you can vote moron.

47. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I still had 25k on the loan. It's all I had and it's over ain't it man.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This scene always gets me. It's insane how fricking mad Dominic gets over virtually nothing and Brian just straight up doesn't give a shit, he's just clownin the whole time.

48. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Towing it to a mechanic would cost about $50 bucks.

49. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Parents suck.

Better to be an orphan and ask the manager of the orphanage for advice. Or ask some random kidnappers.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *