I miss when every car was a shitbox

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that looks fricking awful, all those cars are horribly unreliable and low power and shit mpg and shit handling
      why do you like shit?
      I say this as a person who works on project cars every day and doesn't own a car from after the year 2000

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People have fetishized the 80s beyond recognition. Car-wise, it was some of the worst of all time overall, in a general quantity majority sense. We only remember/talk about the same 5 or so cars that actually stood out at the time, half of them being exotics, without realizing that the average reality at the time was utterly bollocks.

But what can you do, they won't listen.

Even the few decent ones available in the US were absolutely downgrades in so many respects to their recent 70s counterparts. There's no getting through to them. Maybe interior gimmicks is all you need these days. Who knows.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You're insane. Some of the best cars ever made are from the mid 80s to mid 90s.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And some of the worst. So. Is what it is.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that looks fricking awful, all those cars are horribly unreliable and low power and shit mpg and shit handling
      why do you like shit?
      I say this as a person who works on project cars every day and doesn't own a car from after the year 2000

People have fetishized the 80s beyond recognition. Car-wise, it was some of the worst of all time overall, in a general quantity majority sense. We only remember/talk about the same 5 or so cars that actually stood out at the time, half of them being exotics, without realizing that the average reality at the time was utterly bollocks.

But what can you do, they won't listen.

Even the few decent ones available in the US were absolutely downgrades in so many respects to their recent 70s counterparts. There's no getting through to them. Maybe interior gimmicks is all you need these days. Who knows.

>those clean non-nigged out G-bodies just being casually a normal part of the road traffic
      frick you this is beautiful.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i miss them so fricking much, man
        i grew up in the back of a cutlass supreme sedan

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>grew up in the back of a cutlass supreme sedan
          Eesh ...

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

listen friend i don't know if life was actually better then and i'm pretty sure it wasn't, but there are few times i felt more secure than riding in the back of that midsized maroon boat playing my game boy by yellow highway lights while my parents drove in the front, and hearing the tick-tick-tick of the cooling 307 when we arrived home
            >but the last cutlass sedan came out in 1980 something, that's a 90s experience you're describing
            we were not a high-income family

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's fair enough then. I appreciate the explanation and storytelling. Carry on lad.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you too buddy

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Give me back cheap RWD V8s

why do you like shit?

Maybe you should killyourself I guess

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I miss these cars because I'm thinking of the fact that the people who drove them were mostly thin and White. People were allowed to live in a country like that.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah. Those people chose to not be thin and white.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

maybe they didnt choose to be brown but they could choose not to eat so much

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>maybe they didnt choose to be brown
            The parent(s) let their daughter(s) be coalburners

• 3 weeks ago
      s10fag

>PAVE PARADISE, PUT UP A PARKING LOT

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>soul
      comfy times they were.
      i just want to go back

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why is there nuclear fallout on this picture

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That would be a scan so it's probably degradation of the original print from poor storage.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

whyte peepoo don season dey cars

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So 1978-1988

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

where the cars perceived as shitbox back in the day or were some perceived as non shitbox?
    Will our present cars be perceived as shitbox in the future?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Will our present cars be perceived as shitbox in the future?
      There is no future for today's cars.
      At least not without someone finding a way to cheaply swap out the main controlling unity for some open sourced replacement. Most modern cars will literally stop working once the servers they are connected with shut down and most manufacturers only support cars up to 15 or 20 years max.
      Also, their engines are now highly overcomplicated and finding parts will be near impossible for all the obscure shitty tiny parts needed.

On top of this it's also likely that gasoline will be literally unaffordable for the the average driver in that future, so even if you can somehow get them to run you won't be able to fill them up.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Most modern cars will literally stop working once the servers

wait, my car is connected to some distant server? Why?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Why?
          Official explanations:
          >Safety regulations
          Car must be able to call for help in a crash
          >telemetry
          Helps development a great deal
          >over the air updates
          Shortens software development time since oopsies can now easily fixed over the air

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this doesnt explain why the car would shut down if the connection to the servers was cut.
            It doest seem like the car REQUIRES said connections to function.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I doubt most will shut down but many or maybe even most of them will go into limp mode if they lose connection.
            Some also already tried doing that for fun and the cars usually threw a check engine light once the connection was lost

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I can see a ghetto e-car future in case shit really DOES hit the fan and gas will get too expensive to use.
        TECHNICALLY e-cars are way simpler than ICE cars.
        Lets say there won't be laws that outlaw home-made conversions.

I can see conversion kits getting cheaper in that future. You'd get yourself a battery (that at that point hopefully fits into your trunk), the controllers, the motor and the accessories.
        Even right now this is already possible but a conversion is around 20k in parts alone.
        Many today's cars are structurally better built than cars 2 decades ago but as the other anon already said it's their drivetrain and computer shit that will make them unusable 20 to 30 years down the line and will need to get replaced.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lol that's exactly what I imagined, thank you anon, for keeping the old memes alive.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Most modern cars will literally stop working once the servers they are connected with shut down
        lol what a moron

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this doesnt explain why the car would shut down if the connection to the servers was cut.
          It doest seem like the car REQUIRES said connections to function.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A car is a SERVICE you CHUD.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Fake as all hell dude

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is the exact opposite of the servers going down, this is a computer failure at the vehicle. No server or no connection to the server would not trigger this.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Most modern cars will literally stop working once the servers they are connected with shut down
        This happened to all my high school-era video games like Battlefield 2 and Need for Speed and it's so fricking sad. But this is just entertainment, a car means so much more. I really hope there will be an open-source aftermarket for bootleg EV driving or we are doomed

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You gays said this when they started to put screens in cars in the early 2000s and yet those cars lasted a lot longer than 80s boomer trash

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hehe listen son, they don't build em like they used to. Too many computo-whatsits and plas-Dicks in everything. You can't repair anything yourself!
          Nah back in the gud oll days you could drive a car for 400k miles and you could drive a car off a cliff without a scratch on ya they were solid I tells ya what.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cars were always referred to as shitboxes, regardless of which era.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My grandmother's Buick Skylark was hot shit, back in the day.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Looks good to me. Get good taste brownoid.

Emphasis on shit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Show me a modern econobox that looks as good as this, then.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only a moronic millennial such as you would be nostalgic for ugly 80s corporate beancounter shitboxes.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Zoomer?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Modern is trash too. Two wrongs don't make a right.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only a moronic millennial such as you would be nostalgic for ugly 80s corporate beancounter shitboxes.

>No counterargument

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

only clean one in this area was used in a suicide driving out infront of an 18 wheeler.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

At least he went out in style

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

people say he took the front axel out from under the truck.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's an 89 cavalier for sale on my city for 6k, clean as all hell. If I had the space I would absolutely grab this piece of shit. Shitboxes of this era had a style about them, and they're way more aesthetically appealing compared to today's cars.

Not many modern vehicles will age very well, modern design sensibilities are just terrible.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Most of this shit was ugly the second it came out. Y'all ridiculous with the low standards. Broaden your horizons. There's more out there than just this.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Looks good to me. Get good taste brownoid.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>There's an 89 cavalier for sale on my city for 6k, clean as all hell.

Paying over $600 for an 89 caviler is absurd. Your taste is dreadful. You're probably the owner trying to trick people into thinking its worth more than $600

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>talon
    >SWIFT
    >4wd civic
    >prelude
    >celica
    >mutliple saab's
    >multiple J bodies
    >compact trucks

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>prelude
      sexooooo

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We all miss our childhood days, anon, but we need to grow up. Move forward. Don't be so blinded by nostalgia

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I miss when my poorhomosexualry blended in better
    ftfy

If you're a car enthusiast living in America, there NO EXCUSE to not be driving your dream car (assuming that car costs under $100,000) if you're over 35 years old. If you cannot afford that car, it is because you're a lazy brokie. Period. End of story. You've been a working age adult for 15+ years. Yet somehow you've managed to frick up all those years and not have a good paying job? Laziness and moronation - the only reasons.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>implying I'd blow money on a car that'll be lucky to run ten years over buying a nice house
      And given the choice, hands down I would choose to pay off my mortgage before I get a loan on a new car

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

50s: >rusted like a motherfricker and barely lasted 100k miles
    60s: >still rusted like a motherfricker, unsafe, high maintenance
    70s: >oil crisis, smog equipment, terrible performance
    80s: >downsizing, econoboxes, early efi
    90s: >everything is plastic now, more electronics, v8s dying off
    2000s: >bland wobbly plastic boxes
    2010s: >bland pointy plastic boxes where everything is pointy ugly plastic
    2020s: >fricking evs

No cars have ever been good. Just enjoy whatever cars you personally like and stop being a homosexual about it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Early mid 90s Japanese cars were peak in everything (if you rust proofed them a bit with grease)

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The variety of cold war era cars in finland
    >western european
    >eastern european
    >american
    >japanese

• 3 weeks ago
      Greased Geese

globalism if it wasn't gay

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cars are actually painted real colours
      wtf happened to the world

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nobody can afford a new car, so people only buy used rental cars.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>2 suvs

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>random J60 Land Cruiser in the middle
      VGH

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Taunus 2 door
      >Malibu(?)
      >2 red Alfa 75s!
      >random shigulis scattered throughout the parking lot

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Malibu(?)
        Placement of the back-up lights indicates it's a 1975 Buick Apollo. Because why wouldn't it be?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

back when an economy or family car could just be a car and not some sort of statement. Now all cars are overstyled and sometimes a pain to drive with all the tech. Go ask a non enthusiast 50+ what their favorite car theyve owned is and they will almost never say one made in the past 20 years

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>its another "zoomers feeling nostalgic for a time they never experienced" episode

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If they never experienced it, then it isn't nostalgia. Maybe, just maybe...the reason they think positively about those times, is because, even from an outsider perspective, it was objectively better?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No

• 3 weeks ago
      s10fag

hmm? something about not experiencing something? like going outside? are there even people outside anymore?

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This was typical traffic back when 90s golden era Japanese cars like the 300zx were introduced. imagine how much of a futuristic space ship one of those looked like surrounded by these cars

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Back when people actually lived within their means

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the year is 2040
    >I miss when every car was a shitbox

• 2 weeks ago
      Greased Geese

nobody will look back at this shit with stary eyes but if they do I'll hate them enough to hit them with a fricking hammer

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They still exist my 2010 and 2012 shitboxes are very much still boxes of shit that are facelifted donks from 2003

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We'll never get this back. All modern cars must have shit like back up cameras, necessitating a media console. Manufacturers can't be bothered to actually make engines more efficient to meet emissions, so they just make the cars bigger to bump them up a size bracket to keep using the same early 2000s blocks.

The era of the cheap car is over. The shitbox with AC and radio as optional extras has bee legislated out of existnece.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mine still is

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *