I NEED a Renault 5

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No thanks, it suffer of the same cancer as other modern vehicles.
    Call me when I can use a new car without agreeing to twelve third party services ToS

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Powered by ChatGPT
      Maximeme keks.
      Though, at least, I commend Renlol for not going the kraut route of making a shit infotainment system, then repeatedly failing to meaningfully improve it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Especially when a french company is involved
      My dad had a Renault EV that allows you to track it's position in real time, and that feature was still accessible after the lease ended and someone else drove it around for 2-3 years kek

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Wrong pic sorry

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

under 3300 lbs.
    not bad.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The French seem to be doing pretty good at making their EVs lighter. I wonder what kind of compromises are being made.
      Some of their earlier attempts have been very crappy in low temp conditions, and French cars in general seem to wear out their suspension very fast so I'm in no rush to buy one, but it's nice that they're trying at least.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

cant second the wearing out suspensions since I drove peugeots and renaults for almost two decades and never had anything to fix there but afaik the BEV boxes do indeed have some issues and I read the zoe is definitley no exception here.
        the real compromise here is the size.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Zoe is extremely heavy for its size. It's 1.5 tons for a vehicle roughly the size of a Clio.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

still a little to heavy for what a zoe should be but its difficult in this size of course.

manufacturers should offer a car with 2+1 seats max and a trunk for shopping.
            this thing then should be optimized for a max of 70mph, so a smaller engine and battery.
            I think comfy versions with 2000 lbs are possible by now and could do 150 miles.

if the battery is well designed going from 20% to 80% (90 miles) might be charged up in a few minutes.
            so driving distance is even better with that.

picrelated is 2320 lbs and does 77.5 mph or 130 miles.
            you dont need four seats and a trunk to travel to work or a shop.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Dacia Spring
            The 2024 facelift looks... adequate. Pity the drivetrain is identical, would've been nice to have a bigger battery. I like the split glovebox (with optional cover for the top one). I also like the new dark orange color. Not super keen on the mustard yellow, feels a bit too desaturated. Interesting that they sell a V2L adapter, that's usually a big selling point for some fancier electric cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

spring should be worshipped more but people love to waste their money.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

backseats and rear doors aren't that heavy. making a small EV isn't really doable if you want to keep platform sharing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I know a guy that has used a Dacia Sandero as a minicab for a few years. Darn thing isn't exactly fragile.
            Pic not his.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Darn thing isn't exactly fragile.
            The Spring apparently is though since it's based on some Chinese shitbox. The older Dacias are usually based on hand-me-down old and proven Renault platforms

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The good thing is, Spring parts (at least bodywork, anyway) are pretty easy to come by.
            Bad news is, you have to do it yourself via Aliexpress, since going through Renlol's official channel takes two forevers.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

On one hand this sounds fun.
            On the other you'd be stuck with a fricking Dacia Spring.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>On the other you'd be stuck with a fricking Dacia Spring.
            Well... yeah. Fair point.
            Guess at least the facelift doesn't absolutely reek of poverty-spec furnishings like the old version.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>going through Renlol's official channel takes two forevers
            I'm getting the feeling that this is really hurting their image in many countries.
            Their cars aren't even badly designed these days and come better equipped than German stuff (unless you pay for top spec), but they do often need some new parts after a few years, and their service network is very thin in many places.
            Once they start showing typical engine issues or making weird suspension noises, people just sell them for like 50% of the original price because getting them fixed is such a pain.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Can't speak for all models, but, in the Spring's specific case, the parts are imported from China. They're not made regionally, in Romania or Morocco. This complicates transport & handling.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I wonder what kind of compromises are being made.
        smaller batteries than the big american EVs, mostly.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Smaller battery = more compact pack, meaning in turn smaller footprint. There's quite a noticeable jump in size between a 50-something kWh battery pack, and a 70+ one. Improved chemistries can help, but they'll likely just shift the weight window to ~65 kWh versus ~90. Admittedly, at 65 kWh, even a small car should be good for 200-odd miles at ~80 mph (with reserve left at then end of the trip), especially with more efficient electronics, heating & cooling etc. Since Yurop is much denser than the US, there are more chances of finding functional, unoccupied chargers at the end of those 200 miles.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

looks cool
    make it ice

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *