I need your helps anons...

Help me lads... I am trying to sell my impreza due to some monetary issues. Its annual MOT is end of July. It needs about 1400 bong bucks in repairs and I am not getting a lot of interest at this price.

WeBuyAnyCar are offering me 900 for it. If I spend 1400, will I be able to get 3000 for this car once it has a brand new MOT certificate?

Help anons, I dunno what to do. Will link to the autotrader ad in another post.

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My ad. Dunno what it needs ot if it's a price issue.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403037158809

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>NOTE... Private reg recently removed. Use BG56 LOJ to check vehicle details
      Thats red flag to any potential buyers. Re-advertise it with pictures with the correct number plates on it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's just the removal of a private reg anon. What is the big deal?

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Dont sell it to that website
    Put it on FB
    Dont be a homosexual

Whats wrong with it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's been on autotrader since early March and nothing. What good will Facebook do?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Put it on FB
      The worst place to sell a car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

idk i sold 2 cars in the last 5 years, listed on multiple sites, and both ended up selling to someone via facebook

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>1k is large enough of a sum to turn someone's life upside down
    how did you afford this thing in the first place?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It was 3 years ago and it was only 5500 then. I have had some financial difficulty since then. I would like to not make the stupid decision here and repair it only for the MOT to not pique anyone's interest and it still not sell for another 6 months.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

This was not even vaguely close to being worth £5,500 3 years ago, and it isn't worth £3,000 with zero issues now, and yours has been undermaintained and allowed to develop lots of issues.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's worth £1600-1750, or possibly £2k on a very good day to someone who really wants one, with 0 issues.

not OP but you are completely delusional,your probably some boomer who thinks you can still get a pristine 1st gen miata for 1k or somenthing

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I actually own a turbo Impreza, and have been involved in modifying Imprezas for years and have watched the market for years.

I know what they're worth. You are the delusional one for equating an NA Impreza with desirable models that are valuable. You're also delusional for looking at an advert for a car that has not sold and thinking that the price is right.

Just from a quick browse of fb marketplace right now not putting any time into looking for specific bargains, they are the exact value I said they were. See the attached image "youarewrong.jpg" where the exact same model as OP's, with 0 issues instead of lots, with a fresh 12 months of MOT instead of a few weeks, struggled to sell at £2,300 and has been reduced to £2,000.

Will you now admit that I was right and that you were wrong and just talking out of your ass now that you have been presented with evidence?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Oh, and this one is lower miles than OP, and is a 55 plate so is likely to be in the lower tax bracket so is cheaper to run than OP's.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Maybe you know what you got but most of the pople dont give a shit and so over shitbarus

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If you didn't give a shit about subarus then you wouldn't buy a very slow one that's really old and has lots of issues for loads of money, would you?

It must be difficult going through life with learning difficulties.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it's a frickin non turbo mate, why would anyone want it? I had one when I was like 19 and it was horrible to drive, so slow and pigfat

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I actually had. Call from a guy since starting this thread who was enthusiastic that it was a non turbo. It wants a daily driver as his much nicer car is getting too many miles on it and he wants to save it to keep its value.

As for slow, I have found it nippy enough. Nice and snappy to drive. Not really fast but impressive enough for most passengers that don't often ask for another ride in the thing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I can now see why your junkyards are filled with fairly good condition cars, everyone knows yearly inspection is just a scam to force people to buy new cars but no one will say anything because they will just say they are poor. One pretty cool thing about your country is if the car is from the late 70's it needs no mot and just yearly insurance.

I took a ride is nice modern looking suburu forester a few years ago, I thought nice car when I saw it. It was just so slow and felt so cheap. These stories of common cars and minivans being faster than a brz are bullshit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>One pretty cool thing about your country is if the car is from the late 70's it needs no mot
        That is a moronic rule. It should be even more stringent

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yearly inspections in the UK aren't a scam and if you're not a total wrenchlet you don't fail them lmao

I'm glad they prevent the idiotic masses from ignoring their brakes not working.

If there's nothing wrong with your car and the inspection is due, just do it early for £35 and get a fresh year on it and then buyers know it's not fricked.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I hope this thread takes a left turn at sometime, put me in the screencap.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I suppose this is what I deserve for posting it on 4chins

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/J2LVwDo.jpeg

Thanks fellas. Really.

https://i.imgur.com/lrkNuCt.jpeg

Why did I not fricking anticipate this?

fricking kek. shame that you have to sell it, it looked great in the 'post your car' thread
      speaking of which, i should bump it we need more cars on it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Thanks man. I like her a lot but it's just too pricey. I need the cash.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

tf? 3k is fricking peanuts i thought imprezas are like 10k min

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You think a twenty year old base model Impreza (with ricer tune) is worth 10K?
      It's not.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

stock with this mileage? in my country yeah

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I would export it for that price. What country?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

well not fricking new zealand that anyone would be interested in a wrong hand drive car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Okay so where? I would export it for the right price.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

im not in the market and i live in a LHD country anyway

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>CO2 emissions listed as relevant data on used shitbox
    Man euros are so gay dude what the frick

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Unfortunately it’s due to road tax-if it’s listed, you know what band it falls into.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thanks fellas. Really.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'd probably split the difference and drop the price to 2k

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why did I not fricking anticipate this?

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I dunno what to do.
    you need to fix it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is that gonna be worth it for a sale?

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sell it to WBAC or Motorway, nobody wants a £600 a year tax NA 20yo Subaru with a million advisories on the last test.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Well if you were going to spend 1.4k and then still ask 3k, you're only going to be getting 1.6k for it. So why not drop the price to 1.6k as is?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's worth £1600-1750, or possibly £2k on a very good day to someone who really wants one, with 0 issues.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think the biggest turn-off is that fact that it costs 25% of the cars value to tax each year. How can something so slow have such terrible emissions?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

jews

https://i.imgur.com/KldZZa1.jpeg

I actually own a turbo Impreza, and have been involved in modifying Imprezas for years and have watched the market for years.

I know what they're worth. You are the delusional one for equating an NA Impreza with desirable models that are valuable. You're also delusional for looking at an advert for a car that has not sold and thinking that the price is right.

Just from a quick browse of fb marketplace right now not putting any time into looking for specific bargains, they are the exact value I said they were. See the attached image "youarewrong.jpg" where the exact same model as OP's, with 0 issues instead of lots, with a fresh 12 months of MOT instead of a few weeks, struggled to sell at £2,300 and has been reduced to £2,000.

Will you now admit that I was right and that you were wrong and just talking out of your ass now that you have been presented with evidence?

checked, op btfo

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>MOT due next month
    red flag
    >"A well maintained hawkeye Impreza with very few issues for a car of its age. I drive it daily and have had no real mechanical issues"
    red flag, especially as you admit in the OP it actually needs £1,400 in repairs.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Honestly if you're in financial difficulty you probably should become a male prostitute because your car isn't worth jack shit.

Invest in kneepads.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>non turbo
    >400/year tax

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Wonderful. Truly.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *