I sure do love having to charge my car for 15 minutes at a charger EVERY MORNING to just barely make it to work.

I sure do love having to charge my car for 15 minutes at a charger EVERY MORNING to just barely make it to work.
And then charge another 15 minutes on my way home

At least my battery will last 6 years instead of 5

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is it like phone and laptop batteries where you don't want to let the charge fall below 20%, and don't want to charge above 80% for maximum battery life time? And the slower they charge the longer the battery will last because less heat is generated?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just like in phones and laptops, this is already done by the bms. The % you see does not reflect the actual state of charge, but the state of charge within range thats healty for the battery in the long term.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love getting passed by every other vehicle including trucks hauling stuff too.
    All while the car passive aggressively tells me it's my fault for driving too fast and that I should drive slower than that speed the roadway is posted for

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/nX9uZsK.jpeg

I also get to freeze to death while I drive without heat in 50°f weather because that uses too much battery

https://i.imgur.com/zmhzUn3.jpeg

no at a charger.
      The parking doesn't have chargers at home
      Oh also it would take three hours to charge the car here from empty.

Am I understanding this correctly:
      >the car you bought doesn't have enough range for your commute
      >and you can't charge at home
      >so you have to both charge it twice a day and use hypermiling tactics
      It would appear to me that you purchased the wrong appliance for the task at hand.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

In 6 years, gasoline cars are going to be banned here

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That gives you six years to own a car that doesn't make you look like a moronic homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

in 6 years you might be dead. better buy your casket now, homosexual.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That doesn't answer anything.
          Why didn't you get a car with more range?
          Are there no chargers within a reasonable walk from your work or residence?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what does range have to do with it, i cant charge it at work and I cant charge it at home.
            i have to charge it sometime? one full charge would only get me 2.5 days and it takes 3 hours.
            its easier to just charge it as needed for every trip than dedicate 3 fricking hours of my life every other evening after work.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>No charging at home or places i regularly occupy/visit
            Hoisted by your own petard?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>what does range have to do with it, i cant charge it at work and I cant charge it at home.
            >i have to charge it sometime? one full charge would only get me 2.5 days and it takes 3 hours.
            I haven't owned an electric car, but you don't have to stay with it the whole time it's charging, right? If there's a charger reasonably near your work/home you could put it on the charger and then go to your home/work - either by walking or something like an e-scooter. This is probably the kind of thing the Honda motocompacto e-scooter was designed for, really. Then go get it after it's done charging.
            >its easier to just charge it as needed for every trip than dedicate 3 fricking hours of my life every other evening after work.
            I get where you're coming from, my old job was far enough from home that I had to stop for fuel every night if I used my motorcycle. I was just trying to help since you're not enjoying spending 30 minutes a day refueling.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>this moron fell for the "We're gunna ban ICE so you better buy an EV now!" fearmongering

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
          JUST LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO BAN ANTI-VAXXERS FROM SOCIETY RIGHT? AND NOW THAT YOU'VE GOT THE VAX THEY TELL YOU THEY NEVER SAID IT
          AHAHHAHAHAHA

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Are you moronic? Even the most stringent standards have the sale of NEW ICE vehicles being capped/banned, not used vehicles, or existing vehicles being operated.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/nX9uZsK.jpeg

I also get to freeze to death while I drive without heat in 50°f weather because that uses too much battery

>He fell for the battery meme
      KEK, no refunds

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm no EV expert but..... have you considered charging at home? While you sleep?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

he said before work every morning so he probably is doing it at home. Also leaving it plugged in all night is just going to kill the battery unless it takes all night to charge it. Keeping it plugged in longer once it hits full is never good for any battery

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

and before some autist goes ape shit by "kill" i mean lessen its lifespan. Which is a big deal for actual EV as they aren't cheap, nor are they always easy to replace the older the car gets. Just look at Nissan's fiasco a year ago lmao
        https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/electric-vehicle-battery-replacement-1.7066842

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Surely the battery management system in these is not dumb enough to just trickle charge it endlessly?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

most EVs also let you set a time for it to be charged by
          if you leave at 8am every morning, you have the car charge when electricity is cheap and have it so it's ready for 8am

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It shouldn't. The battery doesn't keep charging past 100%. There should also be a charging capacity cut-off limit in the settings, so it wont charge past 80% if desired.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no at a charger.
        The parking doesn't have chargers at home
        Oh also it would take three hours to charge the car here from empty.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Charge it more?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I waste 130 hours of my life a year sitting down in a car watching it charge. I'm not doing more.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This looks like a bolt which has a range of over 250 miles. OP definitely does not have a commute that is long enough to warrant any of this, he is just barely charging it up for some reason and convincing himself this is the only way this can work. Charge it while you sleep homie! If you can't do that, why would you buy it in the first place? Sell that shit

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>op just does whatever the computer overlord tells him to

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trade it in bro

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're on PG&E power, your electric bill that was $200 ten years ago is now $450. That's going to be approaching $1000 per month in another decade.
    All of my friends and boomer aunts and uncles are buying $20 to $30k battery banks and solar panels in a desperate attempt to get off the PG&E nipple. Most of them don't use their central air at all, they buy the little self contained AC units made by Ecoflow or similar and run them off the batteries. Neat systems but very expensive.
    Unless you have cheap power, that EV isn't penciling out anytime soon.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you have any choices there?
      In some parts of Yurop, you can buy your electric power from like a dozen different companies, although you may get a separate bill from the power grid for the power transmission in some cases.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no
        it may be cheaper for OP to charge at stations briefly like this than charge at home at this point too.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, it's a monopoly owned by the Pelosis and a couple other dynastic families.
        People are shitting bricks, the cost of "owning" a home around here has gone stratospheric.
        Many are paying $1000/ month for fire insurance, that money just flies away in the wind and you never see it again.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think tech gays think it’s just natural for vehicles to be just like their phones and other gadgets because that’s what their used to even though in reality it’s the phones and gadgets that are the exception to the rule. Everything that runs and moves runs and moves on oil. They don’t realize that because they’re addicted to their little screens and use it as the reference for the whole world.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous
  10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why would you not just charge it at home. Are you slow or something kid?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

probably lives in an apartment

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

80% of the market lives in apartments or rentals

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

of what market?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the market of people that can afford a car built in the last 3 years

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Read the thread, are you slow or something?

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's on you to figure out if an EV will suit your particular driving habits before buying it.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EV

Exclusively for
    Vapid idiots

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *