I want it

I want it

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

400z is better or if you really need backseats then get a gt86 and suck more dick since everyone will make fun of it for being slow anyway

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

regular size humans cannot fricking fit in a gt86

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

manlets winning bigly

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

for manlets, its the little victories that count.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

6'3 and 190 lbs, I fit in them fine but getting in and out is a little difficult.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Skeleton detected
          >.t 6'4 220

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

found the hamplanet
        didn't we have this conversation before about how you were too obese to fit in a lexus?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol 400z weighs MORE than a 4 seater WRX

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

oh nonono

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not even remotely in the same price range, the 400z is way more expensive

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I unironically like it. It's just gay that they won't make a STI version

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They will eventually right?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

these used to be good looking cars what the frick happened over at Subaru

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Legacy is dead in its last relevant market. Long live the s402!

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

you have shit taste

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

CVT only where I live. Subaru is dead to me.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It would look better if they removed the black plastic or painted it the same as the body

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>muh vents bro
    kys

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Blame congress and the EV hysteria/goon squad.

Still…
    https://jalopnik.com/the-2024-subaru-wrx-tr-is-unexpectedly-appealing-1851119699

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

modern cars are hideous

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you do know that Not all the actual imprezas were good looking rally cars, right?

RS and WRX trim really distorts how shit the base and economy models looked. Same with non Evo Lancers. These were heavy industry Japshit without the foglamps and they sold in the hundreds of thousands, mogging the STi and WRX R versions for "first gen"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

cont
        Your "based 90s cars" also had droves of slop junk. Don't act like the higher trims were what everyone saw. Grandmas in latin am and china drive these shitwagons

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>sunroof
          >bodykit
          sex/10

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

and you drive a car that fits that criteria?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>upset because nobody wants to buy his new uggo shitheap

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

OP and actual contributing responders don't exist you little shitskin lmfao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>OP
            no shit
            buy an ad cuck
            new rexy looks dogshit
            >OP is always a homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Close your tabs fatass lmfao. Breathe in for more than a half second (from your nose)

Old ass rule for /b/tards that post gay and beast threads lool newbie

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cringe

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

ok ukranian bimmer driver

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cope midwit

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

rope up gay. I'm based and more redpilleder then u

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no u

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

that base model lhd murican variant still mogs the nubox in the OP
        not sure what point youre trying to make

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

comparing moderns slop with new slop is a proper assessment.
          >still better
          you didn't have to tell me you just made it into adulthood and would love to own one because they're all shit or overpriced now

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I could have bought one but I bought something better and rwd
            you're posting base models like its a big gotcha moment kek

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

so something better exists over the old shitbox. Got it. It's almost like that's how it actually is

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

a holden commodore from the same era
            no subie is better than the gc8

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>you do know that Not all the actual imprezas were good looking rally cars, right?
        you learn to love them. iykyk

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/sMoowfR.jpg

cont
        Your "based 90s cars" also had droves of slop junk. Don't act like the higher trims were what everyone saw. Grandmas in latin am and china drive these shitwagons

1st generation GC Imprezas were stripped down WRC cars so they could race the WRX.

My GF8 Outback Sport was as much fun as I wanted from it. Why are you two so salty about an WRXpiriment from a decades foregone bubble economy that somehow still gives us the VB WRX?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>salty about an WRXpiriment from a decades foregone bubble economy that somehow still gives us the VB WRX?

bingo, you are asking the same thing I am. There is no reason for hate on either but if hate is on one then it is on all because Subie peak is not production, nor Subie. -- it's ProDrive lel

Also, not going to correct you because can of worms. Read more . Be a bigger fan of a series you never watched lol

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what car do you drive?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Formerly a 5-speed SVX sold last year, before that a GD single turbo daily and an FD was the fun car.

Now a '91 240 with a KA-T as the funny car and a '16 Accord on the daily

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

might I specify. 2 of those cars were 5 speed swapped. The SVX (obv) and the 240.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

might I specify. 2 of those cars were 5 speed swapped. The SVX (obv) and the 240.

moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't live in the past, br/o/ther-but you caught the gist of what I was inferring. My GF8 Outback Sport was everything I wanted from it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

based gc8 enjoyer
      I should be able to have everything I want all the time
      lyf sux

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>stupid plastic wheel arches
    >looks like a bloated corolla with a hood scoop
    >tiny wide set headlights make it look like it has a birth defect
    >busy snowflake wheels
    >huge and very obviously fake grilles over the fog lights
    You have extremely bad taste. The only nice thing about this car is the color. Everything else is horrible. When I see these on the road I wonder why anyone would design a car that looks so cheap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It looks much better in a darker color. And to Subarus credit they kept the weight down, it's 3300lbs when a 2002 weighed 3150lbs with less brakes, a weaker gearbox, and a worse chassis (crash rating/rigidity/suspension geometry)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A 2002 mustang gt weighed 3,400lbs and made 260hp, base price $24k, power to weight 13.1lb/hp
        >https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a15146828/2002-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-vs-ford-mustang-gt-dodge-stratus-r-t-comparison-tests/

A 2002 wrx weighed 3,200lbs and made 227hp, base price $26k, power to weight 14lb/hp
        >https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15139574/2002-subaru-impreza-wrx-road-test-review/

A 2024 mustang gt weighs 3,975lbs and makes 486hp, base price $44k, power to weight 8.2lb/hp
        >https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/mustang

A 2024 wrx weighs 3,552lbs and makes 271hp, base price $37k, power to weight 13lb/hp
        >https://www.caranddriver.com/subaru/wrx

So the mustang gained 17% weight, 86% power, 83% price
        WRX gained 11% weight, 19% power, 42% price

The only thing Subaru did well was keep the price down, and it looks cheap as shit. Literally looks worse than a hyundai N, eww. In 2002 it was a handsome car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Mustang is not AWD, it does not have four doors, and the base price of a WRX is $32,875 so it's $12,000 cheaper.

The person buying a WRX likely isn't going to cross shop a Mustang. They will cross shop a Civic Si first, maybe Elantra N. It has its niche which is something the Mustang does not (manual AWD sports sedan).

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

seems like you missed the point. Allow me to inform you. I wasn't talking about cross-shopping, I was talking about how things have changed. The mustang was the obvious choice because it is a car that has MASSIVELY improved in the last 20 years. It went from a joke of a pony car to a world class performance car, which literally can not be beat for the money. The WRX went from a Japanese legend to a bloated, ugly, and slow by modern standards, CVT equipped total fricking turd.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, I understand the point. You're just making a flawed argument. The MSRP of the WRX is $32k and you're comparing it to a car that's $12,000 more with a straight face, then asking why isn't it the same. Then you're insisting that it's CVT only. You're not comparing it to the Mustang 4cyl for a reason which IS auto only with moronic locked down DRM shit that makes Tesla look open source.

And the WRX was NEVER a Japanese legend. It was always a sporty commuter with a turbo, AWD, and a manual. They had more parts in common with the N/A cars than the STis. They did 190whp for a 02-05 and now put down closer to 230-250whp. And with a tune you can get a extra 100whp on 93. Nearly 400hp on E85 with a downpipe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>b-b-but the mustang is MORE EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!
            This is just cope, not a rebuttal

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

then let's compare $44,000 mustangs to $125,000 audi rs6s and $80,000 corvettes

dishonest argument

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The problem then becomes value and reliability. A 32k +7k in mods to still be about 50hp short of a 40k car. In the 2000s tuning was popular because the starting price was cheap and cars didn't come out of the factory with aggresive tunes.
            For the VB WRX in particular, making over 330whp is just begging for the transmission to fail. Subaru has been using the same troony for nearly 20 years with minimal changes, a troony originally designed for ~200hp applications.
            I was hoping the Tr would use the STi transmission even if they didn't add any power.
            Ford dropped the ball by locking the new EcoBoost to auto only.
            GM fricked up by not putting the 2.7t as an option on lower-spec Camaros
            For better or worse, the WRX is a car stuck in 2005 but with a contemporary price tag.

T. Has had 3 of them

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you owned one then you would know their niche. The people buying them are in snow states who need a single car to do everything. Subaru does not need to give it more power because they're trying to go for people who would otherwise buy a Civic Si or GTI. Even 10-15 years ago they were trying to go for the people who bought Mazdaspeed 3s. I think you're being tone deaf with current times in terms of pricing. The cheapest ones in it's segment are still $28-30k. Even a Ecoboost Mustang starts at $32 or $33k.

I owned one too, and it's the perfect single car solution if you live in a snow state. It also has other nice parts that people never really talk about (good ergonomics, visibility, pretty large inside, handling is decent if not good if you dont divebomb corners and learn to throttle steer, good steering feel if it's a STi, great shifters). It's good as a overall car.

I personally was hoping the TR would have the locking diffs from the STi and a 6 speed, but they would probably be too close to the GR Corolla in performance if that happened. The FA24 is a giga leap over the FA20 in the VAs and honestly the 5spd is nowhere nearly as fragile....the 330whp number you're quoting is for the 02-05 WRXs that had the gearbox from a 227hp 2700lb GC WRX in a 3200lb car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I will be the first to say that if you can only afford a single car that needs to do everything the WRX is the best on the market.
            I was using the MSRP pricing to make everything even. Base WRX is ~33k now and an Ecoboost is 31k. Low spec Mustangs are usually 3k off sticker where I live while Subies are maybe 1k.
            The 330whp is what my tuner told me. If you have 330whp then you're close to 370 crank. My expectations of a tuner car are a bit whack compared to most. I expect at least 100k miles before catastrophic failure if you keep it under the "safe limit."
            I didn't care at all for my time with my VA. I bought it new for 27k and kept it stock the first year then went ham on mods. Cone-gayging while stock made me realize the limitations real quick.
            I had
            Faction Fab coilovers
            Megan Racing strut tower braces
            Whiteline swaybars
            Grimspeed CAI, TMIC
            Koyorad racing radiator
            Lithium ion battery
            Invidia exhaust
            Protune 93 oct
            Conti Extreme Contact sport02
            Some other shit
            It was a bit over 300whp on a "low-bias" dyno.
            I went to conegay the next summer with all those mods and barely posted better times. Is that because I didn't have the skill to fully utilize the upgrades? Maybe. Even with the mods the thing just felt cheap and flimsy. Despite the tires and AWD it would skid around corners my truck can keep traction around. Some of the other SubieBros at the meet were confused by it too. My times were still only within a second of theirs.
            Even when it was stock the thing felt like it was made from recycled corrugated steel. The steering was imprecise, the seats uncomfortable, the AC killed most of the power, the infotainment would crash at least once per drive. The transmission felt like pushing a rubber-covered pvc pipe through mud.
            Every time I went full throttle I had the image of a blown transmission sitting in the back of the tuner's warehouse.
            I eventually took it back to stock and sold it. Less than 10k miles after 3 years of ownership

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

In all honesty it sounded like a driver skill issue. A VA WRX with those mods should have felt noticably faster. Especially if you gave it more spring, bigger rear bar, and better tires (tbh the Contis sound like all seasons...if they were 200TWs like RT660s or V730s you would have had a more comparable experience, ditto if you upped it from stock sizing to 255/40/17s). AutoX is tough to master your first year and half the time you end up lost on the course, by the time you figure out your lines the day is half over. If it's skidding around corners it honestly sounds like your tires were ass or something was wrong with your alignment, even on it's worst day a VA WRX should do a lot better than a truck..it's not a Camaro but it's not hopeless either from the ones I see at AX and on the mountains. And at 300whp/3300lbs it has close to the power to weight of a stock Camaro which likely puts down 360-370whp/3600lbs.

I actually looked the Contis up and surprised that a 340 TW tire would feel that way. I know those Camaros come with 220TW Goodyear Supercars from the factory so you would need to give it a 200TW (Ecsta V730, Falken RT660, Direzza Z3). It still should feel better than a truck. I suspect alignment or something seriously wrong in the suspension. Maybe the spring rates were too high for the tires, it had no camber and some amount of toe, and the swaybars set to full soft?

I had a 05 WRX and I loved the steering feel and shifter on it. It has great visibility and it was a wagon so it was damn near a minivan. The handling let me throttle steer it on stock KYBs and a bigger rear sway. I had a Kartboy shifter so it had a pleasant snick and it felt damn close to a Honda. Mine was 90% stock other than a bigger RSB and a STI uppipe/tmic (maybe 200whp?). It was a great car other than the 17-20mpg it got on premium and sometimes I miss it. Was piss slow and boring unless caning it though...you gotta really drive like a fricking butthole to have fun in one.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't know man. I was at the text limit but I had one of the other SubiBros take it for a lap and they had the same issues. The adjustable parts of the suspension was originally set by the tuner but I played with it a little after a few laps.
            Tire shop said everything was in spec for both the alignment and tire quality so it wasn't a bad set of rubber. I kept the stock wheel / tire size. Thinking about it now, I don't remember if the camber was adjusted.

To be fair the course was unnecessarily tight for how big the lot was, it rewarded momentum more than power.
            Power to weight doesn't tell the full story as you also need to consider gear ratios, power delivery and weight distribution. Usually in AutoX you're only in 1st or 2nd and for that the WRX's gearing was fine but lost all its acceleration by 4th gear.

I have a personal policy of keeping a car stock for at least a year and I haven't had my Camaro that long. From what I found on forums V8 manuals make between 390-410whp depending on fuel quality and elevation. My plan is the usual pushrod mod list with e85.

That photo is from earlier today, I haven't switched to my summer set of 1LE width tires yet. Pic is from a different section of the same stretch of road

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Probably not enough camber and tire since it looks like you have stock tires that are 235 in width, 255 200TWs on a 17x9.5 would've def been felt. The adjustments on most coilovers don't do shit in the grand scheme of things if you're a beginner (half the time I run them full soft or a few clicks from full soft), more important what position the eyelet the swaybars are set to. Front Swaybars add understeer to 90% of AWD and FWD cars so they're really not recommended, a rear sway bar is enough and if you have a aftermarket FSB I set it to full soft and set the rear to full stiff to compensate (usually adjustable through the eyelets, the eyelets closer to the edge of the bar = softer, the inboard ones = stiffer)

And I agree, the US WRXs have long as frick ratios compared to JDM WRXs which have a shorter final drive and STi boxes. Best approach is to just jam it into 2nd asap and ride that. 4th is super long on WRXs, when I tracked mine it was usually 3rd and 4th most of the time.

And Camaros are great cars. I can't stand the shitposting about them, and personally I like S550 PP1/2s + BMW M2s more because of the ergos and visibility but they drive nice at the end of the day. Just be careful, the motors are expensive when they pop (the "cheap LS" bullshit only applies to 20 year old truck motors) and LT1s are more sensitive than given credit for. I followed this guys build thread and he popped his from a few laps on the ring with a LT4 blower. Honestly if you're gonna track the car focus more on 1LE mods....400whp is a lot and if you develop the skill that's enough to run down most cars short of track rats in supercharged M3s and older Corvettes/911s. Plus good tires are $$$ for the V8 cars, $400 each avg. E85 makes cars more difficult to own from my experience too. Can't let them sit, mpg goes down, and you can't tank up just anywhere

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/quest-for-200-mph-2018-camaro-ss-1le/261939/page1/

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Stock tire width on a 2020 premium was 245r18.
            I'm kind of over it. The roads where I live are all straight lines, the mountain roads are wide enough for double trailer semi trucks. The only track in my entire state is the drag strip.
            When I was very young my family would go to the drag strip to watch my dad race his 67 SSRS350 but when I got older I got Grand Autismo. I thought drag racing was below me, muscle cars were for simpletons and that tuning was always better. It made it all the more painful to finally get a good WRX, the car that carried me so far in early-game GT to fall so short of expectations.
            I test drove a lot of cars before I "returned to tradition" and got my Camaro. I wanted a '24 SS 1LE CE but you can't combine those options, so then it became just a 1LE but neither of the dealers had allocation. Eventually I found the one I got and have enjoyed every minute of it.
            My first WRX blew its engine before 5,000 miles on it. One of the cams skipped a gear and that also took out the ECU somehow. Dealer bought it back in full. 2nd is the one from my previous post. I stretched a little bit when I said I owned 3 as I have a close relative with an STi that hasn't had any issues. Its got its own long mod list.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That's brutal. My area has 5 road courses within 3 hours drive (NJMP NYST Lime Rock Palmer Thompson) and a decent mountain road scene (one of the regulars actually runs a ZL1 1LE, but it's a area with lots of money so the fast guys are older and also have stuff like M5, GTR, Elise, Corvettes, 911s) so I never got into drag racing. I flirted with it at best with a bunch of friends that drag raced for $$$ on the street then realized it's a money/car building game and got bored of it, and entirely stopped caring when any moron could tune a turbo BMW or turbo a LS and run 10s. The track stuff is more fun to me since its less car dependent. You can be driving a 1LE or a GT350 and still get passed by some guy in a GR86 or Spec Miata on Hoosiers. AX is good for seat time too.

I understand the Subaru problems, they're really inconsistent. People either love them or hate them and the ones that love them are the most delusional people on the planet who simultaneously will somehow have the best luck with them.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not about having the biggest tool, it's about having the right tool for the job.
            It's rare that there is a car I hate but I do hate when people pretend they have a car that it isn't.

That being said I did enjoy blasting past a Miata meet in the mountains once. 6 or 7 of them "attacking the corners." I held back for most of the cruise, intentionally losing speed around corners. I could see the guy in front of me thinking his lowered stanced NB was hot shit.
            Next corner comes round and I'm right on his bumper causing him to try to accelerate into a bad line. 2 more corners then there is a long straight with a passing lane. I shot straight to the front of pack and managed to lose them completely after a few corners.
            This was leaving Idaho City

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Do car guys ackthually go out on ID-21 and ID-75? I drive there all the way from California just to hit those roads, and never see other "fun" cars, just local truggs

The best part is the tight back-to-back twisties near Lowman, ID

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm usually up there in my truck for offroading. I do enjoy scaring the Toegay Boys when I keep momentum through the corners. Bilsteins and OME springs make all the difference.
            I'm partial to Black Canyon for my weekend cruises.
            Pic is old but if you've been to Idaho City you should be able to tell exactly where it was taken.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Can you possibly explain how an arbitrary tire wear metric (as conducted on a gov't test pad) alludes to a higher wear tire having less grip than one rated at 200?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>For better or worse, the WRX is a car stuck in 2005 but with a contemporary price tag.
            Honestly, why mess with perfection after all?

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

blue is the only color that these look good in to be quite honest

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How come the BRZ has an issue with rtv, but the WRX does not?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There was never an RTV issue in the FA24 engines, every engine that blew up was from driving hard with the preparation of a gay that just discovered grindr and not adding the extra half quart before track use as defined by the manual.
      Even the people that did blow up their engines immediately jumped to RTV because it was easier than saying "I fricked up and ran my car under-oiled".
      Fortunately it's had the side effect of people shitting on the car so hard it makes it easier to actually get them.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You can open any Subaru engine and it'll have RTV in the pickup tube.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why did they stop calling them imprezas anons? Why? That name is so fricking iconic. I have a hawkeye and it makes me sad that I could never get a newer car if mine gets totalled cos its weird and not the thing i remember growing up with. It is a fricking travesty.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

WRX is easier to say and sounds sportier.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Impreza is more iconic. It is a great choice for the sporty one. If you want to drop a name then drop wrx.

>easier to say
        No literally not.
        >dubble (You) arrrr ex
        >im prez ah
        It rolls off the tongue. If it were VRX then fine but WRX is a pain.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You gotta say it like an american to get the full effect
          >dubya arr ex
          >im pre tzuh
          Now it's easier.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's trash mate. It's an impreza. When people said McRae is driving an impreza they knew what was what.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>thread #8003 about muh boring entry-level Mexicanmobiles
    Yawn, you guys let me know when anyone has an XT to show off.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Mexicanmobiles
      Modern subies are popular with suburban weenies, lesbians, and IT workers who just got their first raise

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I was more talking about the WRX specifically. Yes most other modern Subarus are mostly for liberal wine aunts and homosexuals. Shame they sell like the only wagon on the US market.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Let me guess your car is popular among "the chads"

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have personally driven this car, and honestly its ass. As well, if you are buying a Subaru a STI is much more proper and tons more fun. But to each there own

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why is it ass? I test drove one and I liked it

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Explodes making stock power
    >NOOOO THEYRE RELIABLE IF Y-ACK!!!!!!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *