• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

US is the only country that's still free, rest of the world is fricked

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Import it

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably won't pass tests (emissions,safety etc) where you are. Look for someone in the Grey market that can aquire you one.
    I'm in the UK and I can just ask someone to import me one, new or used. We have Individual Vehicle Approval as well which means you get a Type Approval for whatever POS you import and if it's near enough roadworthy you get to use it as a DD.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You don't really want it. You think you do but you don't understand what it really is. All you've read is the sensational headlines about the "tEn ThOuSaNd DoLlAr TrUcK". For starters, it's actually 13k. It doesn't have a radio. It doesn't have door pockets. It doesn't have a glove box. It doesn't have ABS. It doesn't have an airbag. It doesn't even have a tachometer. You have to pay to add any of that. It has an anemic 4 cylinder with barely enough hp to get out of its own way. It's 2wd. The one you posted has a bed. That costs extra. The one you posted has all terrain tires. That costs extra. Now your "10k truck" is over 18k and you still haven't even have a tachometer, you don't have enough hp to haul or tow anything significant, you can't do highway speeds even when empty. This truck isn't made for people who live in civilized countries. What are you even going to do with it? This truck is made for people who need to carry bushels of bananas and jugs of water and shit up and down roads that were made 75 years ago when a herd of goats put a rut in the ground. If you really wanted a cheap truck then you can get very low mileage fleet spec XL/WTs for about the same price as it would cost to get one of these with a bed, ABS, and airbags. Not even factoring in shit like a radio and power windows.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sounds pretty based to me

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you can already have all that, just buy a 80s mini truck, way cheaper and stronger too, better aftermarket selection etc

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>every single one is already clapped with 300k miles and deferred maintenance the entire time, bodged to oblivion by mexican drywallers, or from up north and rusted so badly like it was parked in a lake
          "Just buy an old one" is no longer sustainable, they've been out of production for too long.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>"Just buy an old one" is no longer sustainable,
            yes it is?
            you can get all the parts to keep em running easily, what part of better aftermarket do you not understand?
            you can rebuild an entire 22r for like 500 dollars in parts, including new pistons

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Must be nice living where any good ones are left

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They have pretty much dried up. I still see cherry examples but the majority of small 80s trucks are either rolling chassis or 40k dollar garage dwellers.

Its way worse with the 90's compact trucks which have all seemed to have been used to death. Thankfully the full sized trucks arent that big and pigfat so they will be still around for a long time

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>They have pretty much dried up
            no they haven't I own 2
            try not living in a shitty area

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Own two
            >obviously not part of the for sale population

Are you just being obdurate

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I see them everywhere, they aren't rare, they're plentiful
            do you live in a city? you won't see them there

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I live in the country and I barely see any anymore. They are basically either used by contractors or are garage kept by old dudes. They rarely come up for sale and when they do its absurd the prices people want.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

dunno what you're talking about my friend just bought a ranger for 500 dollars

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What honestly would you do with it? What's this situation you've found yourself in where you absolutely need a truck but you can't have a full size scsb but also your workload is so lightweight that a 120hp 2wd flatbed is more than capable of doing it. I'm genuinely curious.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Farm use. A lot of Kei trucks get imported for use cases like this and stay unregistered because they only get used on private property. Even brand new ones (and others that aren't 25 yet)
          https://minitrucksoftexas.com/inventory

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

can I see your farm?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

can you post the farm equipment, not a car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cool car anon

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sounds like these Toyotas are pretty much just a JD Gator or a UTV.

Farm use. A lot of Kei trucks get imported for use cases like this and stay unregistered because they only get used on private property. Even brand new ones (and others that aren't 25 yet)
      https://minitrucksoftexas.com/inventory

I work on a lot of rural properties and farms and I have never seen a mini truck on one. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get parts for it when they can just drive 30 minutes to the John Deere dealer and get parts for their Gator.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I work on a lot of rural properties and farms and I have never seen a mini truck on one
        me either, most people use John deer gators or similar if they need small, but most of the time shitty old pickups are just laying everywhere

• 2 months ago
        Supra80

>UTV
        I've said this in almost every IMV thread. If toyota wanted to they go the could the Mahindra Roxor route and sell it in the US as an UTV alternative. Hell if they ditch the doors and the windshields and gave it knobby tires it would pretty much look the part.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I've been saying the same thing. Farmers/ranchers are snapping up these new $30k+ enclosed cab UTVs with A/C etc., even if the Toyota cost $20k it'd probably be a better vehicle for significantly less money and it'd be really good for areas that allow UTVs to be driven on the street (usually only if they're being used for ag purposes) since it's actually designed to be a road vehicle.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>purpose built vehicle for farming with tons of attachments available and features specifically for farming
            >a truck that can't go on the road
            they are not the same

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not really talking about those, a lot of farmers and ranchers are buying recreational-style UTVs as general runabouts these days, like the new enclosed Kawasaki Ridge is getting a lot of attention from them, and the Toyota might be an alternative to those. There's no reason you couldn't put stuff like snowplows on the Toyota as well.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>UTVs as general runabouts
            As I said that's Mahindra did with the Roxor.

Which is based on a vehicle that is street legal in India, the Mahindra Thar. Which is based on the Jeep CJ that Manhindra has been making under license since 1947. It's design is so similar to the CJ that Chrysler sued over copyright infringement when it was brought to states as the Roxor. Leading to different front end (pic related) to distinguish it from Jeep's.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Here's what it looked like before the redesign.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>licence your design out
            >sue them for copyright infringement

• 2 months ago
            Supra80

>Due to copyright and trademark issues, the M151 did not feature Jeep's distinctive seven vertical slot grille, instead, a horizontal grille was used.
            Yes, unironically.

• 2 months ago

Who needs a tach when you have functioning ears lmao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>lmao
        homosexual

• 2 months ago

I am but a mirror.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bro said I am a but a mirror. XD being a mirror is wild lmao XD

• 2 months ago

This, if you can't shift by ear you need to git fricking gud.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It doesn't have a radio. It doesn't have door pockets. It doesn't have a glove box. It doesn't have ABS. It doesn't have an airbag. It doesn't even have a tachometer. It has an anemic 4 cylinder with barely enough hp to get out of its own way. It's 2wd. The one you posted has a bed. That costs extra. The one you posted has all terrain tires. That costs extra.
      I'll take 2.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>noo it doesn’t have all the trans friendly heckin feautrinos I need!
        This truck sounds perfect for a straight white man

sounds great sign me up!

>It doesn't have door pockets. It doesn't have a glove box. It doesn't have ABS. It doesn't have an airbag.
        fricken sold

you can buy one of these right now and avoid the toyota meme tax and any related import fees
        it'll be just as capable

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

kek
          >avoid toyota meme tax, buy this instead
          Yeah, if you wanna pay the UTV meme tax of $15,000 for a glorified ATV that can't get up to highway speeds, and isn't designed for constant running.

Or finance for 128 months at the low price of $500 a month.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You can get used ones for less than 10k

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>less than 10K for a clapped out UTV some boomer drove into the ground and never ever washed, fricked gearbox, fricked engine, obliterated suspension / body from the 25 times he's jumped / rolled it down a cliff, and says "I know what I've got, no lowballs"
            vs
            >brand new truck for 10K

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Learn2wrench homosexual

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>noo it doesn’t have all the trans friendly heckin feautrinos I need!
      This truck sounds perfect for a straight white man

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>having an engine strong enough to do literally anything a truck is supposed to do is now a troon feature

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

sounds great sign me up!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It doesn't have door pockets. It doesn't have a glove box. It doesn't have ABS. It doesn't have an airbag.
      fricken sold

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

SOLD!
      WHERE DO I SIGN?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

your government probably wont allow it because it would annihilate other companies.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

and your government doesn't allow you to have guns because it wants you weak
      we have not MOT or inspections or smog, rego and insurance is cheap, guns aplenty
      you have..... some fwd 3 and 4 cyl shitboxes and a plastic knife

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yet you can't have the new toyota truck. Sad

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i'm interested in the new fj cruiser they are building off this. it would be cool to buy a solid toyota 4x4 suv in the 30k range

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I HAVE THE MONEY

How much do you have? Because if you want it hard enough and have the cash you can literally just import it and the remaining cash takes care of the rest

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you can't import a car here until it is 25 years old

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>you can't import a car here until it is 25 years old

You dumbasses realize the le 25 year rule isn't some absolute?

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Would buy one that is beat up in 20 years

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

due to current regulations, this truck would be in a higher import tax bracket, which will make this truck way more due to import tax and nobody would buy it so it will just be a lost cause for the US market.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

nah it's useless,anyone working class man who wants to do any work with their truck would just buy an used old american truck from like 2005 or older

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This looks like a four wheel version of the chink trikes that get into all those accidents that they post on /gif/.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *