if they had made the Plymouth prowler with a v8 and manual gearbox, it would have succeeded.

if they had made the Plymouth prowler with a v8 and manual gearbox, it would have succeeded. It probably would have been a legendary classic. change my mind.

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, because niche, convertible, two door cars with crazy styling are never successful. Even the "successful" ones like the Miata are a drop in the bucket in terms of total sales for the brand. A V8 would have made it even more expensive and likely wouldn't have made a major impact on sales.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>never
      Come on now.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No.
    They 100% understood the market, baby boomers who wanted to relive the WINGA DINGA glory days. It's plenty quick enough,for what it is and respective to the era, with the v6.
    And let's be honest it really is a "lifestyle" car.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i wonder if these things even handled well

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

According to Doug DeMuro it does, but at the expense of ride comfort.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

that Black person doesn't know the first thing about handling

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

post your Porsche Carrera GT

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you don't even have a car dickhead why else would you even be watching that moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stop liking what I don't like
            >also doesn't post car
            Pottery

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Plymouth prowler with a v8 and manual gearbox
    They did. It was called the Howler.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ford did it better.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Doubtful. You're looking at it in hindsight and not with the mentality of producing the car in the '90s.

>with a v8
    Chrysler didn't really have a V8 worth putting in the car at the time. The only option they had would've been the Magnum or PowerTech which didn't make much more power than the EGG V6 that they put in the car. Not to mention that those engines were heavier for no real benefit and would've ruined the handling and braking of the car which were it's only redeeming performance features. The V8 probably would've also cost more which means a higher price further reducing potential customer base.

>and a manual gearbox
    The target customers would've been the baby boomer generation at the time. The majority would've been approaching retirement age -- even the youngest would've been in 40s. They were already trending away from manual transmissions and slushboxes were seen as the better option for easy shifting. There was very little of the misplaced pride of driving a manual car like there is with younger people. You can refer to just about every other sportscar at the time in which automatics greatly outsold the manuals (or manuals simply were not an option). Developing a manual that nobody would've bought would just sink more time and resources and probably ultimately raise the price of the car even further thus reducing the overall units sold.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Correct response. Either way, V8 swapped Prowlers are frickin' neat-o. Even the stock ones are cool as shit, but ramming a Hemi into one is about as cool as you can get without war crimes tribunals.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

there was absolutely no reason to frick the car with a 4 speed fwd transaxle in the back trying to copy the corvette

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Did Chrysler even have a RWD transaxle available in the '90s?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They likely used the LH platform transaxle because that's what they already had plenty of, like Porsche with the Audi units in the 924/944/968, and because that setup helps with weight distribution.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

One thing I've never understood is the boomer obsession with CHROME

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

THAT'S HOW IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY, WHEN EVERYTHING WAS BETTER
      THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO, I TELL YA

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ugh metal is so crusty, plastic be bussin

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I remember the main problem with it was that the hood was too high and too long which made it hard to throw around because you could not see anything.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I remember being in high school and sitting in one and the top of the windshield was at eye level
      I was and still am 6' 2". If you're not a manlet it's awful.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Reminds me of the one time my dad drove an aw11. It had the t-tops off and his eye level was above the windshield

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>v8
    you mean an inline 8 right

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *