If you were in this situation, what would you have done differently?

If you were in this situation, what would you have done differently?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

When I wanted to slow down, I would throw it into neutral so that I'm not trying to make the brakes fight the engine. I would also wear a seatbelt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

that, and downshift like crazy to use engine brake

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Blown engines engine brake like shit. It’s hard to spool down the scrollers.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It was an automatic transmission LMAO

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You can downshift an automatic.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Apparently the one in comet drivers comet was some fancy ass drag shifter that locks out downshifting unless you do some secret handshake, which he forgot how to do

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

How did he drive it at all?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shake down run on a track or a private road

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hit the accelerator

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Veer quickly right to left until it flips so I can use the roof brake.

No but morons with no driving training need to learn the concept of turning brake. You lose speed during turns, so he can veer rapidly and will lose speed as well as let everyone else know something is wrong. Ideally, you want to slow enough to get to a point where you can get the car driving in a small circle, cut the engine, and wait until it stops. Cutting the engine will stop it from further accelerating but not you'll lose your power steering and likely any ability to use turn braking. There's a reason for emergency brakes, not sure why he went on a public road in a car not equipped with them...

Use throttle to break traction, do a 180 to come to a stop, kill ignition before it regains grip and accelerates again.

This. As soon as I notice the brake fade, I'd limp it back to the garage.

>waiting for brake fade
      >sticky throttle in 1300hp car on public roads is fine
      You are just as moronic as the boomer.

How did he drive it at all?

Poorly, as was made evident.

4. 2 months ago

Roped.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't end up in such a situation to beging with

• 2 months ago
      Supra80

This. As soon as I notice the brake fade, I'd limp it back to the garage.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would get married on more time

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would have listened, and that's what nobody else did.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Delete the footage instead of uploading it.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't drive a car that needs to have the brakes applied all the time, so I wouldn't be in this situation.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd HOLD ON

11. 2 months ago
    TooZ

Not made another thread about it.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

cut the ignition.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

panik

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cut the ignition and ride the curb to the right

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

"I'll wait for you up by the intersection and get some cool flyby shots"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wuhwuh

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm not a wrenchlet and maintain my vehicles properly, so the cascading mechanical failures wouldn't have happened in the first place.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not built the fricking thing

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've been in this situation before. Manual so downshifted and threw it into the lane withe the fewest cars. Pulled the e-brake just enough to not lock up the back, stopped a few inches just behind the front car. Always check your shitboxes, lads.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1.) shift into first gear
    2.) cut the ignition and slow down via engine compression

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not getting into an obviously not road-worthy, faulty vehicle with my gay lover in order to get some internet bucks and simpathy upvotes.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Veer quickly right to left until it flips so I can use the roof brake.

No but morons with no driving training need to learn the concept of turning brake. You lose speed during turns, so he can veer rapidly and will lose speed as well as let everyone else know something is wrong. Ideally, you want to slow enough to get to a point where you can get the car driving in a small circle, cut the engine, and wait until it stops. Cutting the engine will stop it from further accelerating but not you'll lose your power steering and likely any ability to use turn braking. There's a reason for emergency brakes, not sure why he went on a public road in a car not equipped with them...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Start cranking the wheel left and right aggressively, using the friction of the skidding tires to slow me down

>American car
      >turn

Unless this was a complete restomod, it has so much slop in the suspension that there'd be a 5 second delay between turning the wheel and the car doing anything.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>really?
    >shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My natural disdain for boomers would have kept me from associating with either of these morons to begin with.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Start cranking the wheel left and right aggressively, using the friction of the skidding tires to slow me down

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>immediately put it in neutral so I don't accelerate into the cars at the light
    >ride the failing brakes to slow as much as possible before reaching the intersection
    >hop a curb where there are no pedestrians and round the corner onto a clear street
    >kill the engine and let it slow and pull to the side
    >attempt to pull into a parking lot but without power steering wind up putting it into a bush
    Literally happened to me as a teen delivering pizzas in a shitbox pickup my dad got me. Engine was fine despite over-revving for a bit. Throttle cable was cheap and easy part to replace. Nothing but a bush was permanently damaged. No one wound up in a hospital.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

put it in neutral so I don't accelerate into the cars at the light

sadly his stupid boomer ratchet shifter meant he couldn't do that

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Whip a shitty

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

HOLD ON!!!

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

but I wasn't in that situation?

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would have installed functional brakes for the amount of power the engine makes so the car couldn't cook the brakes until the faded, and the NHRA mandated return springs so the throttle couldn't get jammed open in the first place, then I wouldn't have ridden the car around on the brakes the entire fricking time and caused the brakes to fade and instead shifted into neutral at lights like I do with my car when it's loping too hard.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this i took my 400hp shitbox back to 300rwhp because the stock brakes couldnt even pull up the na 3000lbs one making half that power let alone the almost 4000lbs one i have that im also towing with

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *