I'm about to buy a used Tesla model 3. Should I get a 2021 SR+ for 18k or a 2018 performance for 22k?

I'm about to buy a used Tesla model 3.
Should I get a 2021 SR+ for 18k or a 2018 performance for 22k?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

EV's are not for buying used. The fact that they have lost 75% of their value after is a pretty good indication of that.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

please elaborate.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

EV's are not for buying used. The fact that they have lost 75% of their value after is a pretty good indication of that.

He believes that the battery will be so degraded it will be expensive to replace.

The reality is hard to say. H

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, you should only buy used cars when they are more expensive than new. OP look into getting an F40, 964 911, or a Ford GT

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>used EVs are so cheap you shouldn't buy them
      what..?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why do you think they're so cheap? Use your brain.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Because cars depreciate and with a large enough population of cars the used market equalizes to a generally fair price? Do you have some kind of serious cognitive issue?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You really think normal vehicles lose 75% of their value after 4 years?

the touchscreen is $300 on eBay. It isn't 2013 any more with model Ss... 3/y parts are abundant, cheap, service manuals are available, and with Toolbox3 you can easily replace / pair basically any part

https://i.imgur.com/IyO0pq4.png

uh anon it's literally just a screen.

You people have brain damage. Enjoy your paperweight once they DRM your ass.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>75% of their value
            These cars are 40-50k tops new. Do you know 2nd grade math or still working on it?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the covid peak in prices wasn't a normal situation
            on top of this EV prices were inflated already compared to ICE prices because they were a new technology (at least in this form) so there are multiple effects driving price down of new vehicles, which is then of course reflected in used prices as well
            Model 3 and Y prices are probably quite stabilized at this point with perhaps slight adjustments up and down but no big price cuts anymore, there will be cheaper Tesla models in the relatively near future using the same 3/Y platform (start production at end of this year or start of next supposedly, but that might be delayed as things usually are) though and then later a cheaper compact on a new platform

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The only way I see myself driving s Tesla is if I got one for sub 10k
            Otherwise I'd rather buy something else used that will last longer

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why do you think Teslas don't last long
            I guess its kind of an unanswered question mostly, just have to wait and see what happens to the used Teslas

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's the exact reason why you should only buy them used.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The most important thing to check is the mileage and how many cells are in the battery pack.

Take the milage and divide it by the number of cells in the battery pack (or capacity if that's all you can get). Whichever has the lowest number is the one to go for. Battery packs have a relatively shorter lifespan and it'll cost ~15k to replace it when it fails.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

both have a good amount of miles left on the high voltage battery warranty, so I'm not worried about that in the slightest.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You should be. There is also a myriad of other bullshit that WILL fail. Just the touchscreen is $4k+.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

the touchscreen is $300 on eBay. It isn't 2013 any more with model Ss... 3/y parts are abundant, cheap, service manuals are available, and with Toolbox3 you can easily replace / pair basically any part

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

uh anon it's literally just a screen.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Touchscreen is $4k
          Button knob chuds unironically think this.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What is this myriad of other things that will fail? The strength of teslas is the vastly smaller amount of parts than a traditional car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

unironic answer: model 3s do have occasional part failures like HV contactors, seat pressure sensors, control arms, power conversion system... the part count is a poor metric imo

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>vastly smaller amount of
            Battery packs alone have thousands of parts including battery cells. The reason why BEVs depreciate so hard is because batteries lose charge over time. In a vehicle where the majority of weight comes from batteries this means the value drops like a large rock. Meanwhile ICEVs don't have fuel tanks that shrink with time or engines that lose efficiency over time. ICEVs have soul and character which is what drives appreciation in some of the most special models. BEVs at best are just appliances or equivalent to smartphones and computer hardware which become valueless in the used market.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Meanwhile ICEVs don't have [...] engines that lose efficiency over time.
            Correct, they're inefficient all the time. Also, EVs don't lose efficiency over time. They lose range, which is not the same thing.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>or engines that lose efficiency over time.
            ...do you even drive a used car?
            ICEV lose power and efficiency as they are gradually wearing out the engine

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ICEV lose power and efficiency as they are gradually wearing out the engine
            Yeah, like 1-2% after 10 years. EV's lose that or more battery capacity every year.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>moron who makes words plural with apostrophes has a stupid belief

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wow this guy is a moron

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

there are a surprising number of people who think some knowledge of RC car batteries makes them an expert of EV batteries. Like no dude... it's not a 2S lipo

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What makes you think they're any different? A EV is the same as a RC car except it runs a 96S pack not a 2S and the cells aren't individually monitored like they are in a RC. You think running a pack hard enough to warrant liquid cooling is something that seems reliable?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

there are a surprising number of people who think some knowledge of RC car batteries makes them an expert of EV batteries. Like no dude... it's not a 2S lipo

you made a bunch of good points and then said one fricktarded thing that allowed stupid people to gang up on you. do better next time moron

Lmao I remember these exact prompts from last time. Literal chatbots.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you made a bunch of good points and then said one fricktarded thing that allowed stupid people to gang up on you. do better next time moron

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ICEVs
            Just call them real cars, don't use the troony lingo

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

more little parts = having to replace little parts as opposed to
            fewer big parts = having to replace big expensive parts as a whole, instead of just the one small thing wrong with it
            you know how much they hate right to repair right?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You should read that warranty, it's 4 years OR 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

high voltage battery & drivetrain warranty is 100k miles for rwd and 120k miles for awd.

You really think normal vehicles lose 75% of their value after 4 years?

[...]
          [...]
          You people have brain damage. Enjoy your paperweight once they DRM your ass.

you can easily 're-flash' new components yourself. Tesla doesn't do serial number lockouts for parts.

quit lying with anti EV FUD m8, it's cringe

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All EVs have a 8 year 100k mile warranty mandated by the federal government
    In California its 10 years and 150k miles

Used two year old 50k mile model 3s can be bought for 18k now

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>dropping 18k for used goods that will get half of the battery range until it explodes in a fireball or need to replace the 50k battery

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Two more weeks until all teslas explode into fireballs?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just bought a 2020 model 3 performance with full self driving for 31k. But that was directly from Tesla.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2021 SR+ for 20k

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Have fun being the laughing stock of the water cooler. Driving a CPO luxury vehicle is bad enough but driving a used EV is even worse.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

ok boomer

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

make sure to frick around with it as much as possible for the first 10k miles to get those sweet in-warranty repairs

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *