I'm going to be doing a 250 mile round-trip every week.

I'm going to be doing a 250 mile round-trip every week. What are some cars that will make that less onerous on my back and soul?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chevy suburban

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

anything you like, preferably with longer gearing. i drove my gay honda around the country and 4krpm at 80 got old after not too long

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>gay honda
      Fit, by chance? Those aren't meant to go 70 lol.
      try an accord, they're comfy highway cruisers.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

it was in a honda element 5 speed. a car meant for hip young campers, unless you have to go above 65mph as it seems lol
        my saturn has much better gearing and is way better on the highway

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Doesnt that car have a redline over 6k?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the element? yeah its at 6.5k and it cuts revs at 7k.

???? Why does everyone complain about having your car at 4k+ RPM? That's where the power is at.

you go drive at 4k for 10 hours then drive at 2k for 10 hours in a shitty 4 cyl and come back to me. I dont want to be"in the power" when im cruising at a constant speed

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

???? Why does everyone complain about having your car at 4k+ RPM? That's where the power is at.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

dunno how poor you are or which particular shithole you're from, but if it's somewhat modern and mechanically sound any regular car above a subcompact will do you just fine.
    Unless you're really fat but that's a you problem

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Bigger vehicles will make it better. Gonna be doing a 4500 mile trip starting today and getting back in a week.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

IDK, I rented a chevy Cruze a few years ago for a road trip like that, and it was pretty good. Manual mode made the most of 4 cylinder power and the car got 25+ MPG. It was comfy and stable threading traffic and getting to our destination in decent time. Contrast that with a U-HAUL which was far bigger, more expensive and far more tiresome to drive. As long as you're not taking tons of shit with you, the compact sedan is decent

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That’s cause uhauls suck

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The U-Haul in question was a Chevy box van. Basically the biggest Chevy on the road. The car I compared it to is the cruise. One of the smaller chevys they have made recently. Compact is better for driving than big car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah you are driving a shitty box van, try a full-size suburban or pickup truck. They just eat up miles.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if you want somenthing affordable,late 90s-early 2000s crown vic or town car,can't go wrong with those

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>back
    comfy older large sedans
    >soul
    music, podcasts, etc.
    250 miles isn't that far but doing it every week will wring out the novelty.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

250 round trip even, so one way is a 2-2,5 hour drive? Seems fine but I have the suspicion OP is from Serbia or Pakistan were going 250 miles takes a day (or 3 if the gypsies stole the bridge again)

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Like driving in to work Monday morning, driving home from work Friday evening type schedule? 125 miles twice a week?
    Cadillac ELR or BMW i3.

If you can plug them in you'll basically halve your fuel costs, and even in range-extended mode they're really efficient.
    A step above the typical used Volt or Prius in comfort.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I drive 100 miles a day 4-6 days a week... just get a comfy commuter and save gas money

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my grandpa drove a volvo 850 200 miles a day and loved it. he changed to a brand new turbo diesel vw for economy but said he missed how comfy the old volvo was. this was back when diesel was cheaper than normal gas.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have no experience with USDM cars so even if they might be good, I can't include them, but here are a few I have experience with and think are worth your time.

>BMW E39
    Even the base model is incredibly comfy, and they're great cruisers for very little money.

>Jaguar X300 or X308
    People will also turn their nose up at Jaguars because "muh reliablity", but the X300 and X308 are great cars, and except for maybe the ABS module, they're pretty damn reliable.

>E60
    Not really my taste as they're a bit too modern, but I can't deny it was a comfy car. They suffer from a couple more mechanical issues than the E39, though, and the owners are generally more neglectful. I find E39's attract pensioners, where as E60's attract spades.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I should add I did this sort of thing for a few years, and bought a Model 3 for it. If you have off-street parking with the ability to plug it in it will handle 125 miles twice a week with no trouble with just a 120v 20a outlet. Pretty much any efficient mid or long range electric car would be the same way. I think the Ioniq 6 might be more comfy than the 3 for the money, but everybody says the new 3 upped the ride quality and noise.

Ioniq 5 or Model Y would do this too, but you might need a 240v 30a outlet since crossovers are more power hungry.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

get a car with comfy massaging seats, like one of the new BMW M5s.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mk4 golf diesel
    Over 700 miles per tank when I had mine
    Comfy heated seats.
    Great cruiser

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

94 corolla wagon?
    >t. kiwi dude does 3k miles per week delivering newspapers. oil changes every fortnight

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You need a Panther

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are you some kind of oil sheik? Where the frick are you going to find a Panther?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Some panthers take E85 so he might be a corn barron which makes him an enemy of the oil sheik.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Some panthers take E85
          PETA would like a word with you

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tesla M3 with FSD

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Tesla M3 with FSD
      I think you mean the Chevy Bruiser will the full self cooking feature. Dumb fricks always coming into the US without any worktops and shit. Dumb ass.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's only ~2 hours each way, who gives a shit.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *