I'm gonna be honest, guys. I think electric cars are the future.

I'm gonna be honest, guys. I think electric cars are the future. I have to spend $40 on gas every week, which is $2,000 every year. that's not good.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How much do you believe the payments on your new electric car will cost you?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Owned a BEV for over a year and there's more things
      >save 15 minutes per week from gas trips
      >no range anxiety because car is charged every night
      >time and money saved from no oil changes or other maintanence except tire rotations
      There's a reason almost everyone who switches to BEVs sticks with them, and ICEV market share is decreasing worldwide. People rather have a quiet car that is less work to maintain.

The same as a new rube goldberg machine.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Well if money is a concern you could always go with the GOAT

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You will never be a woman

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

An anon affirming my gender? Didn't realize DA was so woke these days.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

he could just buy a used one for around 15-20k

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

wow only 10 years of fuel

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

don't be a moron, obviously it would only really make sense to switch to EV if he were already shopping to buy another car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If you can't afford fuel, don't buy a new car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>REEE YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR OLD CAR FOREVER OKAY YOU JUST DO

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Well yeah if you can't afford fuel, new car payments are going to be much worse.
            Obviously it doesn't make sense to buy a new car to save fuel.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

and electricity is free?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

my mom pays for it, thats basically free

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

in 1st world during march-november it is

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

costs me less than $5 to fully charge my EV. Mixture of coal and nuclear makes it cheap here.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Not OP.
      I have solar and a battery, and get paid 12c per kw I sell back to the grid.
      So if I funnel that into my 50kw EV rather than selling it, it costs me $6 (in lost revenue) to completely charge it, which will go for 350km.

And for the record I ain't some hippy gay that has solar/battery/EV to save the earth, it's purely a money saving thing.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Honest question, with the cost of setup, maintenance, etc how worthwhile are all those things, compared to what they earn

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

This is Australia btw.
          Rebates and discounts and shit made it worth it for me. I bought the solar and battery through my power company, I did this for three reasons.
          1) Accountability, so incase it fricks up and burns my house down or should I need to make a warranty claim I'll have better luck than some random company that pops up on TV ads and shit.
          2) They offer a monthly payment plan with no additional cost, no account keeping fee or anything, literally just divided the total payment via X months, and that was it. I mean I had the money there to pay for it, but this way I was able to leave it in my home loan, to reduce my monthly interest payments.
          3) The offer a 2 year feed in bonus, where they will pay 20c a kw for whatever you sell back to them (I got 4 years because I bought the panels and the battery separately)

I got a 6.38kw solar system, with 5kw inverter in 2020 for $5,500.
          And then a 10kw battery in 2022 for $7,500.

I crunched all the numbers extensively beforehand. Basically they will pay for themselves within the warranty period with savings. I'm earning/saving about $1,500 a year, but that will go down now that the feed in bonus has run out.

No maintenance costs, I just wash the panels if I notice a drop in average output compared to the same time last year, etc. Only done it once but I don't really think I needed to in hindsight.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>cost to charge off-peak: -2 to +5 cents/kwh
          >setup: free or up to $1k. All you need is a 240v outlet to fully charge overnight. Many states have incentives to install home chargers.
          >maintenance: tire rotations, tires, that's about it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was talking about the home power generation

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Take the bus/bike then poorgay

You don't drive enough to begin with it if your only burning 40$ a week

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>don't drive enough
      Anon, 40$ is Atleast 8 gallons, which depending on the car, is anywhere from 200-240 miles

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Step 1: Learn to drive to optimize mpg
    Step 2: Get a hybrid
    Step 1 is still necessary. It's amazing how many people on this board get shit mpg even with hybrids and it's because they drive like they are some sports car racer.
    Wouldn't go full EV for another 8-10 years. Still way to early outside of California not to mention long term maintenance / parts, infrastructure and pricing. Tesla abandoning the super chargers will only make it worse outside of cali. My area alone already has so few to begin with and people are always at them so you're shit out of luck if you need a charge outside of your home in most cases.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I have to spend $40 on gas every week
      homie i drive 500 miles weekly and spend not even that much. get a smaller SUV, karen.

>It's amazing how many people on this board get shit mpg even with hybrids and it's because they drive like they are some sports car racer.
      its still good mileage, smiles per gallon

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>all this homosexual commuter talk about muh mpg and even switching to EV to stop spending so much on gazoline
      Or maybe rework cities so you aren't forced to drive to live and can only drive for fun ? What good is a car if it's a soulless goycart exclusively used as a transportation device ?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>living in a city
        >trying to pretend to have the high horse
        lol... lmao even...

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why don't you country peasants make use of those horses and mules you feed ? You might want to use them as transportation rather than concubines, just mount them in a different way for once you degenerates.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

k

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Man who fricks other men by the dozen, daily feels like they are the moral authority

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

How much do spend on funkos and ironic clothing?

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah they are.
    Once we get charging in apartment complexes and batteries get light enough that lighter weight EVs weigh 3000 lbs. It's done for ICE

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Once shit that will never happen it will happen

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Cope.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yes, you're coping.
          >J-just wait until the rapidly declining west builds a completely new power grid, then you'll see!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Slow charging cars overnight are nowhere near as taxing on the power grid as having your ac on for 12 hours a day.
            Stop using 2019 talking points

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>talking point
            It's the truth. Utilities are going to have to start upgrading services for people beyond your standard 200 amps and upgrading neighborhood power distribution soon enough at the rate things are going.
            Because it's not just the 30 or 50 amp electric charger you have to think about. There's a push to electrify everything. Furnaces, ranges, A/C, etc.
            I've done the electrical for new homes that will completely fill a 40/80 panel with a 200 amp service. That's going to add up eventually to a lot of extra draw on the power grid.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>he thinks every household is going to be supercharging their cars

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Black folk arent human and neither are the bots that post this moronic shit

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>governments across the world banning cars by 2035
    >guys i think wheeled tablets are the future
    yeah no shit. i like driving though, so keeping my cars forever.

Lol captcha V8GMP

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You aren't being honest though

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>tesla driver acting like he's hot shit

makes me laugh every time

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They are indeed for city and suburban areas.
    I'm a Bay area californian, and I don't have a car at the moment.
    Work, stores, the train station, friends and family, many scenic locations, are all within 30 minute drives.
    My apartment has EV charging for $95 a month.
    The smartest thing by far would be to just get a tesla model 3. ICE cars don't even come close, really.
    But guess what, I have my eye on a v8 mustang going for $35,000
    I have the money to spend on the car, as well as gas, insurance, and maintenance.
    But if you weren't a car enthusiast or didn't want to spend so much money, then a new EV is absolutely the way to go in my situation. There's no doubt about it.
    At the end of the day choosing a mustang GT versus a tesla model 3 isn't what will keep you poor, it just means you will have a bit more cash on hand with the later, for arguably less fun in life. But real wealth is accumulated with broader career and financial decisions.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Get the Moostang GT homosexual, and bring it to our Lonely Penis meet. See the other thread

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's the future that's being forced onto us by you know who. In a sane world we'd all be daily driving cheap Jap econoboxes like in the '80s and '90s.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

take the work from home pill
    >all driving is for leisure/errands
    >only drive about 4-5,000 miles a year
    >suddenly fuel cost doesn't matter

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This homie knows
      So much better not having to drive to work.
      Anyway I do it from time to time.
      >left home at 5:30am
      >almost no cars
      >many traffic lights are turned off till 6
      >no bikegays
      >no pedestrians

I hit double the speed limit at some points
      Took me half the time I usually need when I leave home an hour later

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's so over

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just stop driving???
    I spent $412 on gas last 12 months
    where are you driving so much

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

its called having a job u dumbfrick

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How far away is your job???

16. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

I think homosexualry will be the future too, I think everything going forward is going to be bad on purpose for no other reason than spite and greed.
    also have a nice day

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i cant wait to get (new product) that will lower costs of (thing), im sure they wont offset and make me pay higher costs upfront

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I asked my boss for a $2,000 raise this year and he told me "just buy a Tesla"
    >took out a 60k loan to buy one and it loses 50% of its value in the first year
    >sell it for nothing and have to buy a new one for 60k (plus interest/tip) because the battery won't hold charge

This is the future bros.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Should have bought a one year old one for half the price of a new one then

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My employer offers free charging.
      A coworker essentially doesnt pay for fuel anymore and saves about 6k every year.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>A coworker essentially doesnt pay for fuel anymore and saves about 6k every year.
        So he bought an entire new car to save $6k a year, which, at 25mpg and $3.70 per gallon, would mean he drives 40k miles a year for his commute. At 260 weekdays a year, that's 76 miles each way so if he tops off at work, he basically can't drive anywhere after work or risk not having the fuel to drive back to work the next day. Not that you'd have much time to drive anywhere after work with a 76 mile commute.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Depending on how far he drives, he could have just bought a used Leaf for $6k. Its not like EVs are insanely expensive or impossible to service.
          If it needs a $4k battery swap in a few years that's still significant savings, and the price of batteries is about to crater again now that sodium ion has arrived.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I spend like $220 a week on fuel. Well my bosses card spends like $220 a week on fuel.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wait until everyone has an electric car and they jack up electricity prices because they know you don't have alternatives

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Our infrastructure would crumble like paper if we increased the amount of electric cars by just tens of percentages. Hybrids are the actual future, but that future isn't near at all.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *