I'm haggling with this woman about her 2014 Corolla, garage-kept, great shape overall and drives like new.

I'm haggling with this woman about her 2014 Corolla, garage-kept, great shape overall and drives like new. She has it listed at 12k and says the dealership will give her 10,500 and won't go lower than that. Are prices really this bad these days? I offered her $8500, which is like KBB starting price.

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1.) $10,500 is not an unreasonable price for a 10 year old Corolla that is in good shape.
    2.) What is the mileage, this obviously matters yet you let it out of OP.
    3.) Ask if she has service records, if she's the type of person I suspect then she probably took it to the dealer regularly for maintenance so you'll have a good vehicle history to reference as they keep good records.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sorry, it has 99800 miles. Engine is very clean, very minimal rust. Idles and drives perfect, no transmission slack or noise.

Here's a similar vehicle in my area from the dealership.

https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/reno-toyota-corolla/7757141343.html

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can get a tiger shark dart
        https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/reno-2016-dodge-dart-tiger-shark-speed/7750454489.html

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Jesus that is sad. I once owned a 2006 Mazda 3 with almost the same specs. Ten years later and Dodge is barely able to meet that. Imagine buying an 8 year old Dodge economy car with +100,000 miles, ever.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>3.) Ask if she has service records, if she's the type of person I suspect then she probably took it to the dealer regularly for maintenance so you'll have a good vehicle history to reference as they keep good records.
      She says she took it to Toyota and is the second owner. I imagine she has the records. Also the car has a clean title.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If the previous owner was local or even if they weren't, a Toyota dealer can tell you the service history if it was taken to Toyota for work. It probably isn't a deal breaker either way, $10,500 is a fair price honestly. Car prices have gone up a lot in the last few years, but you aren't buying a piece of shit either. Camrys and Corollas will go for a long time. Honestly if you buy this thing I would just keep it as my forever car, even if you end up getting another one later on. There's a lot of benefit to having a backup vehicle and you can easily drive this thing another 150-200,000 miles before you might see some heavier repairs. Corolla parts are plentiful and cheap though, so maintenance is easy on these too.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Do you know anything about Nissan versa's and sentra's? How do they compare to Honda's and Toyota's?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>How do they compare to Honda's and Toyota's
            They don't

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How can it be though? What could possibly go wrong if you don't beat on it?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nissan is notorious for financing to people who shouldn't drive, so their cars take a lot of abuse from the first financers. Also they had build quality and parts issues that affected even the most conservative highway drivers

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nissans are known for blowing up transmissions or resembling something in a destruction Derby. The only decent nissans are from before 2007 or manual transmission shitboxes made for a few years after that

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nissan is notorious for financing to people who shouldn't drive, so their cars take a lot of abuse from the first financers. Also they had build quality and parts issues that affected even the most conservative highway drivers

Thanks. I'll stick to to Honda and Toyota at least for now.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Check out this beautiful little honda
            https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/reno-1988-honda-crx-hf/7753685574.html

But also consider this absolute beast 6 mt v8 sedan.
            https://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/d/sparks-2006-audi-s4-quattro-awd-6spd-42/7756630886.html

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/reno-1988-honda-crx-hf/7753685574.html
            My God that's a ripoff. I probably have to sweep away the heroin needles before I can get to the peddles.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are no interior pics but I wouldn't assume that anyone left needles in it. Looks decent considering its age

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That price is really bad, I don't know if you're being serious. That's a car you haggle between 150 dollars to 500 dollars

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's a 36 year old classic car in good condition and one of the most beloved honda models

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not in that condition.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

looks fine, I think you're just mad you can't afford it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dropping the asking price of the Audi by $4,000 from 12 hundred seems like a red flag.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

In fact I might as well ask about all the economic cars like Ford Focus, Hyundai, Kia, Toyota... how do they all compare to each other?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I daily a 2014 Ford Focus, 2012-2014 had lemon auto transmissions. Mine is an auto, but I bought it before Ford was sued and frankly I barely drive it so I never qualified for the class action pay out. The manuals are a different story and highly desirable for rally cars. They're very economical auto or manual, I love mine despite it ticking down until the transmission blows itself up. But I may have had the ECU recall done before really putting enough miles on it. Wife used to drive a manual veloster and those are good too. Stay away from Kia unless you want lunchtime rowdies stealing it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I imagine she has the records.
        Ask to see them. It will take about twenty seconds of digging through the service logbook to see if she's full of shit.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>haggling
    you indian or something?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>corolla
      >haggling
      Yep its a jeet
      Take what Mr moshe silverstein offers you or frick off

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

HAHA that's funny man, yeah they love their Toyota's. I'm white though, haggling is a sport.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

miles
    >Garage

You just know it's got either very niche engine issues or wire rot for someone to bother getting rid of it in this economy

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

She and her husband were in the car when I test drove it, she said she wants a change. I think she got a new car already since it's been 5 days on the listing and the mileage is the same. Everything feels and looks very clean.

Frick you can't find anything in this economy, especially the economic cars are all snagged up.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I would scour the internet for any issues with that model over the last decade before buying it tbh, 10 grand ain't bad but I've seen many too good to be "a deal" deals that end up being at least an additional 3+ grand pumped into them after a year

• 4 weeks ago
        sage retard

>economic cars
        Stupid. Buy an old Crown Vic or something instead. Double the fuel consumption, but do some maths you monkey. Here in Australia, my Ford Falcon gets maybe 12 L/ 100 (20 mpg I think?). Say I can buy one of these for $7000 AUD less than a corolla with 7 L / 100km. (35 mpg?). Fuel here is $1.75/L, so it would save 5*1.75*10 = $87 per thousand km. 7000 / 87 = 80000 km until the difference is paid back.
        Do you even drive enough? And also in the meantime you're stuck driving a Corolla anyway.
        People buying new cars to save on gas are the biggest morons I swear.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dealer is giving me 23.5 for my mustang with 71k miles
    they'll sell it for probably 28k
    poorgays are irrevocably btfo

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My God faceberg is the absolute gayest platform on the internet. Fricking pointdexters man.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I hate nerds so much because of modern """tech""" it's almost inconceivable. I want to smash their faces with a hammer.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lmao Corolla drivers on DA frick off to >>>/n/

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

5 figures for under 100k miles and just on the edge of 10 years sounds about right for a gas sipper in todays market.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>dealership offered her a guaranteed $10.5k
    >i offer her $8.5k
    >wtf sirs why madam not do me the needful???

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ROFL!!! No man, I found that out after. Fricking dead.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I always make up higher offers when people lowball me.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I know, I can't be sure if she was being honest.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who cares? Tell her your offer is cash without needing to pay a couple grand in ttl + fees on another car. Offer $9k when doing this.

If it's BS you came up if it isn't she doesn't have a counter since your offer is stronger.

Dumb asses these days I swear. Don't even know how to haggle.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you saying she needs to pay fees to sell the car to the dealership?

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Many such cases. I don’t blame people but at the same time nobody wants to sell at KBB right now (which is where people are buying).

It’s ugly

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>toyota
    For $1.5k I'd just trade it in for the convenience and to avoid having to deal with jeets

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

To tell you all the truth I'm not even excited about continuing car ownership. Is there a convenient alternative?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Canadians can get assisted suicide if they cant be bothered to do basic things in life

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

whats up with zoomers and haggling before seeing the car in person?
    if they ask a lower price before seeing the car im selling I block them

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I saw it fitst then madd the offer, and I'm not a zoomer.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Friendly reminder to never, ever buy a used car from a non-white.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wisdom.

14. 4 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>says the dealership will give her 10,500 and won't go lower than that.
    I find that hard to believe, my friend tried to trade in his 2018 Subaru wagon and the dealer said best they can do is 1000 dollars

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why would anyone want that soulless piece of shit. theres plenty of commuters with sovl left over from the 90s

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *