im in the market for a new-ish car. probably 2018+ is "japanese reliability" a real thing?

im in the market for a new-ish car. probably 2018+ is "japanese reliability" a real thing?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

not if you buy a subaru or any nissan with a cvt

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes actually, for whatever reason they're benevolent enough to make cars that don't break on purpose. Or have enough attention to detail to accomplish it.

Newer Subarus are fine, the head gasket thing hasn't been an issue for decades. Their CVTs are annoying and slow but they don't blow up. Nissan's CVTs literally blow up, their engines have always been ok but everything else on them breaks.

1) Toyota/Lexus
      2) Honda/Acura

Mazda has always been up there with Toyota and Honda, and are now surpassing them in reliability since Toyota and Honda are taking shortcuts and cheaping out now. Nobody beats Lexus though, but Mazda has ranked 2 in many reliability studies under Lexus, and nu-Toyota has gotten as low as 4th and 5th place in some...

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If you can't make a Japanese car work for you then you're probably black and no car on earth could withstand your wrath.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1) Toyota/Lexus
    2) Honda/Acura

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Japanese cars are not reliable at all silly anon. Get yourself a used Kia, it's the best brand on the market.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, get a car where the DCT often fails right when the warranty ends. This has been an issue for a decade.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is "japanese reliability" a real thing?
    Hasn't been a real thing since the Lost Decades in the early 90s. Japan has fallen off hard.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My gmt400 suburban is still running and has 150k more miles than my piece of shit dead XV20 camry (died at 210k). I don't know American cars in my experience have been monsters in reliability.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>durrr I know a car that runs for x number of miles thus all cars of the country that made the model are immortal
        Kys midwit, google survivorship bias

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Dude, look at the name of the chart - Initial Quality. That has nothing to do with reliability or maintainability.
      Jay-Dee-Powaaah lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Now post the long term reliability surveys.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Initial Quality

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If you told me in 2000 that a Chrysler would ever be twice as reliable as a Nissan I'd say you were totes whack

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>jd power
      >initial quality
      Kek, damn you're a ricer

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Open trolling, paid for fake numbers claiming to reflect day one reliability, which is almost meaningless. No (you) for you.

Mazda/Toyota definitely, Nissan (with certain transmissions), Mitsubishi (shitbox only) and Honda (with a price premium) kinda.

If you do your homework you can get GMs that are more reliable than the average Japanese car. If you're blindly buying like an idiot not so much. No matter what don't but European cars for reliability and maintainability.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>GMs that are more reliable than the average Japanese car.
      What models are these?

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>2018+
    Thats not anywhere near new, its last decade technology, and has already had nearly 7 years of its entire 10 year life.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No, it's not. It mostly came from the 90s when a bunch of euro/us models were cucked due to regulations thus making japanese cars appear more reliable in comparison, it stuck for the reason despite japanese cars not being anything special reliability wise. Then again car urban myths like that are pretty much always at least a decade outdated info.On top of that a car's reliability largely comes from the owner

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Japanese cars in LHD markets such as the US are always manufactured in third world shitholes like Mexico.

I own a Mazda here in Australia that was made in Japan and I fully intend to drive it half a million kilometres.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

not always, if the vin starts with J it was folded over 1000 times with grorious nippon steel. my old camry wagon vin started with 6, since it was made in aus.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota, Honda, Mazda reliability is real, everything else do your own research.
    also avoid CVTs like the plague

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

stop being a b***h and decide for yourself what YOU want and what YOU can afford.

If you did any research at all you would already have the answer to your own questions.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I will use a toyota as an example.
    Yes , kind off for multiple reasons.

American manifacturers have quarterly financial resoult obsession, hence immediate bling is required (oh well put an 6000 000 liter engine into a car) not nuff time to refine it and there is an isolation between factory workers and management so defects arent reported and if they are,, the desire for the "hussle" will likely motivate management to not do shit about it,
    also overseeing a defect is easy when you "shake things up" every now an den

Toyota has a direct defect detected line between workers and anyone who can fix shit with motivating factors (Money) to report it. Even if it stops production

Bmw makes reliable but crammed engines with expensive parts, meaning repair work is difficult (costs more moneyz, takes longer and is less succ cessfull) , and parts cost more moneys.

Toyota makes relatively shrimple , uncrammed engines(plenty of work space) with things like minor improvements like vvt, repair is less expensive and easyer meaning it costs less so
    YOU are more likely to do it,
    takes less time,
    and is more likely to succeed.

Finally: the most wear an engine incurs is in the first 500ish miles when any factory contaminants sre still floating around the engine, japanese and germans are notouriously orderly. For americans, all i can say is at least you are not the Italians, or chinese.
    Not all japos are like that but it is an explenation of motivating factors snd maintnance costs as well as cultural impact on a car reliability

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is "japanese reliability" a real thing?
    toyota, honda and mazda design their cars to reliable, but more importantly, easy to repair.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Boomer reports
      Kek

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *